Anti Drop kit did not reattach correctly?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Combat Command
New

United States

hello,
I recently grew overconfident in my operating ability and took an unneccesary risk. the result was a straight down drop from about 30' and significant damage to one motor arm of the Phantom 3 body. I have since rebuilt the entire unit and reaattached the anti drop kit. The anti drop kit did not seem to be much of a challenge, however...now the camera/gimbal is securely attached but has a bit of extra space between the anti vibration pads and seems to wiggle. This wiggling was not present when the unit was new. All of the components are 100%, I just did not get the install quite right.

Has anyone experienced this and would they know the corrective action needed? I am sure it is a simple solution....just one I can not seem to find.
2015-8-31
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

It's supposed to "wiggle".  If it does not have flexibility you don't have any vibration isolation.  The anti drop kit is supposed to protect the camera from falling off completely.  Not make it rigid.
Pictures might help us?
2015-8-31
Use props
Combat Command
New

United States

Thanks, for the quick post.
I agree that it is supposed to wiggle. But this condition the white rubber pieced had room to move vertically up an down. Its strange because I took pictures prior to dissassembly and the two corners that had the plastic attachments did not have the ring above and below the structural frame holes, they were actually in between the top and bottom, the corners without the plastic pieces had the upper and lower ring through the holes on the brackets.
So after I posted I put all four corners together the same way and installed the plastic pieces...everything is like new now, problem solved. Very strange. If you happen to look at yours...are those rings throughout the mounting holes? Or are they in between?
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Combat Command Posted at 2015-8-31 20:50
Thanks, for the quick post.
I agree that it is supposed to wiggle. But this condition the white rubb ...

the dampers must go thru the hole at top of camera support and thru the gimbal. basically the top and bottom lip of dampers must go thru the holes.
2015-8-31
Use props
Combat Command
New

United States

Thats it for sure then. Mine had to be set up wrong from the factory as I checked that speciffically.
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Combat Command Posted at 2015-8-31 20:56
Thats it for sure then. Mine had to be set up wrong from the factory as I checked that speciffically ...

wont be the first or last
2015-8-31
Use props
can.ahtam
New

United States

how do you take off the antidrop kit pins?
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules