12Next >
2425 57 2023-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Action 4 is brilliant for close up stuff, vlogging around the place. Just arrived at Sandbanks in south of UK, and brought just the Action 4. Took footage of the drama getting here on it and was really happy with what the A4 captured on fully auto!

2023-8-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you had used another brand you would not had enough battery power

Great vlog with the great camera!
2023-8-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 8-20 06:56
If you had used another brand you would not had enough battery power

Great vlog with the great camera!

Thanks Johansen. It really works well for this kind of stuff. I can’t trip it up or fault it really.
2023-8-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite the eventful trip.  That was some awesome battery life also.  
2023-8-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was still life in the battery as well when we arrived.  Just on and off for the journey, but battery is really not a problem. Especially with the spare from the Action 3
2023-8-20
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

@Iancraig10 I agree with your assessment! I've been putting my OA4 through it's paces and absolutely love what it produces! Normally, l'd be quick to turn to my IP12Pro for video, or even my Pocket 2, but I've found myself reaching for my OA4 as of late in all conditions. This is exactly what I hoped for! Now, if I could offload my OA3, lol.

Loved your video as well!
2023-8-20
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Nice video Ian!

2023-8-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you both. I’m throwing the camera around without a care for exposure. It just gets it right!!

2023-8-20
Use props
TechSportsLove
lvl.3
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-20 14:27
Thank you both. I’m throwing the camera around without a care for exposure. It just gets it right!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pswT-9K_gV8&feature=shareb

The video quality and sound are fantastic! Thank you for showing us your space and the surrounding area. It was a real treat!
2023-8-20
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for sharing your part of the world.  Quality of the video is also fantastic!
2023-8-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you both. It really is an easy camera to use. Both of these videos are in full auto and not even pro mode!  For sound, I used the dji wireless mic with a Rode Lavalier. A bit of EQ in post. I do more work on sound now than I do video. The camera captures such a good image.
2023-8-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Lovely home and place, wrote a bit longer on your video
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 8-21 02:43
Lovely home and place, wrote a bit longer on your video

Thanks Johansen. This is just a rented place. We often rent houses or flats for breaks away from where we live. We live in such a tiny place with no shops or anything much there. The most exciting thing that happened recently was a tractor having its trailer turn over outside the pub.
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is probably the worst scenario for an action cam other than complete darkness. I went to the beach and boy, was it dark.

In order to get anything, I had to resort to ‘pro’ mode 10 bit and raise the max ISO to 3200. I normally set 1600 as a max or 800, so this was an experiment just to see how bad it can get! These conditions are really not good for any camera, let alone an action cam.

Results are rough and ready, but this is the worst I’ve got from the Action 4 basically because the conditions are the worst I’ve tried to video in!!

This is about as bad as it can get I guess ……..

I think next time, I'll try getting the frame rate down which will give an extra stop. Of course, at this ISO and level of light, grain is going to be an issue but sometimes you just want the memory.
2023-8-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I think it did great in the dark, not much grain.
You write 10 bit, will think you ment in D-Log M? Color mode also shoot in 10 bit now with newest firmware.
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh OK. I did go to d-log M for this because quite honestly, I couldn’t give it much worse conditions!

The opening shot wasn’t D-Log though.

I’ll check for updates. I thought there had only been one so far.

I have to say, the more I use this, the more I’m impressed by what it gets. After having little confidence I. The Action 2 or 3 (if I’m honest) it has been totally restored with this camera. I’m really enjoying using it for just off the cuff shots with absolutely no setup. Just press record and in most conditions, ‘auto’ is sorting it out with very little post work.
2023-8-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

There was an update a few days ago, but I don't think many people got it, including me, who got the info from youtube shorts.

I am also incredibly happy with this camera. I also really liked OA3, but this has fixed 2 of the things that "annoyed" me. On the OA3, the buttons were very hard to press + the menu was way too sensitive, but that's not the case with this one.
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 8-21 04:59
There was an update a few days ago, but I don't think many people got it, including me, who got the info from youtube shorts.

I am also incredibly happy with this camera. I also really liked OA3, but this has fixed 2 of the things that "annoyed" me. On the OA3, the buttons were very hard to press + the menu was way too sensitive, but that's not the case with this one.

I just connected and there was no update for me either. So maybe it will be rolled out soon.

I agree about the button. I found it difficult to press as well. The main issue for me with the 3 was that it doesn’t work well for vloggy type scenarios.

It’s just on the edge of sharpness, where the 4 seems (for some reason) to look more snapped in. Quite strange that the minimum distances quoted suggest the other way around. Perhaps the quote for this one is more honest?

There are many people who want to use Action cams for general purpose video because of their small size and lack of focus issues that you can get with auto focus sometimes. It’s nice to be at f1.4 on my Sony cameras with the shallow depth of field and all that, but sometimes you just want to point and shoot without having to keep checking focus has enough depth to keep the subject in.

It’s the freedom that these cameras give that make them a joy to use. They also tend to not attract so much attention in public. When I was a kid, that same kind of thing was said about one of the most famous cameras of the time ..... the Box Bownie. We had one. A point and shoot roll film camera. I loved that old thing too!
2023-8-21
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

The biggest drama is at 1:15 :-) you have the steering wheel on the wrong side :-)))
2023-8-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-21 05:10
I just connected and there was no update for me either. So maybe it will be rolled out soon.

I agree about the button. I found it difficult to press as well. The main issue for me with the 3 was that it doesn’t work well for vloggy type scenarios.

I installed the firmware yesterday, and only big difference is that Color mode record in 10 bit, but it doesn't say 10 bit when you choose it.

OA3 is a great camera but with OA4 I really felt it was a camera I loved to use with the pleasent results on video I get.
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JustName Posted at 8-21 09:20
The biggest drama is at 1:15 :-) you have the steering wheel on the wrong side :-)))

I get that with those foreign cars on YouTube!
2023-8-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 8-21 09:41
I installed the firmware yesterday, and only big difference is that Color mode record in 10 bit, but it doesn't say 10 bit when you choose it.

OA3 is a great camera but with OA4 I really felt it was a camera I loved to use with the pleasent results on video I get.

Same for me. This one has hit the spot!
2023-8-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Quite the adventure you had with the tyre. Glad you got it repaired in the end despite the setbacks. And yeah, the footage looked very nice
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-20 14:27

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pswT-9K_gV8&feature=shareb

The Action 4 really seems to get the exposure right, if that is completely all automatic. Also, classy apartment and nice surroundings. Nice to see some of the ferry, too.
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-21 03:52
This is probably the worst scenario for an action cam other than complete darkness. I went to the beach and boy, was it dark.

In order to get anything, I had to resort to ‘pro’ mode 10 bit and raise the max ISO to 3200. I normally set 1600 as a max or 800, so this was an experiment just to see how bad it can get! These conditions are really not good for any camera, let alone an action cam.

Challenging circumstances for sure. But I think it turned out okay most of the time.
2023-8-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most was shot in auto. Dark shots on the beach were in pro mode. Had to stop the camera trying to overexpose in the dark. Max iso was fixed at 3200. It was extremely dark.

The Action 4 exposure seems to be really good. It’s a joy to use.
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-22 13:58
Most was shot in auto. Dark shots on the beach were in pro mode. Had to stop the camera trying to overexpose in the dark. Max iso was fixed at 3200. It was extremely dark.

The Action 4 exposure seems to be really good. It’s a joy to use.

Glad to hear the camera has proven to be worth your money.
2023-8-22
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

I honestly have to say that I really like the way you make your videos. I already suspected that the Osmo Action 4 was something special, but now it looks like the Osmo Action 4 is the 1080 TI from DJI. I hope they can keep that line with the rest of the lineup...
2023-8-22
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Very nice low light video Ian!
Also like the wireless mic - as good ones almost always guarantee perfect audio

2023-8-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andreas Dueck Posted at 8-22 14:52
I honestly have to say that I really like the way you make your videos. I already suspected that the Osmo Action 4 was something special, but now it looks like the Osmo Action 4 is the 1080 TI from DJI. I hope they can keep that line with the rest of the lineup...

Thanks Andreas. It’s these kinds of videos that I relax with and enjoy making. I literally make them in a couple of hours after getting home for relaxation. Very different to ‘having to’ make a review video for the camera shop!
2023-8-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

10-Bit Posted at 8-22 15:30
Very nice low light video Ian!
Also like the wireless mic - as good ones almost always guarantee perfect audio

Thank you 10 Bit. The DJI Wireless is expensive but it does make a great setup with the Action. Having two transmitters also gives you double time.

The low light stuff showed me just how much light the camera collects. On screen, I was getting a brighter image than what I rendered. I used ISO to control the amount of darkness and still had to turn down the gamma in post. It is really lively in low light.

I connected a lavalier to the transmitters. A Rode Lavalier works nicely, but again, not cheap.
2023-8-22
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fully auto. Just point and shoot …….

2023-8-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. I'm sorry that most of this journey was spent on trying to find a tire!! But it still looks as though you guys enjoyed it!!
2023-8-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 8-28 11:08
Very nice. I'm sorry that most of this journey was spent on trying to find a tire!! But it still looks as though you guys enjoyed it!!

Thanks Jody. We didn’t get fazed by it. Just one of those things. We both were flabbergasted that it took 7 visits to find somewhere that could fix the tyre!!
2023-8-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-28 11:10
Thanks Jody. We didn’t get fazed by it. Just one of those things. We both were flabbergasted that it took 7 visits to find somewhere that could fix the tyre!!

It's pretty much the same way here in the US. Have to make appointments for everything places are so busy anymore. When I was a teenager, you could just about stop and the first shop anywhere and they'd at least patch it on the spot if you paid them enough.
2023-8-28
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Nice video Ian
2023-8-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Ian
Excellent Job, looks like you are enjoying the new OA4 congrats
2023-8-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you 10 Bit and Fish.

You are right Fish. I’’m having a great time with the camera. Taken a ton of footage in preparation for the shop review and because the camera is literally ‘point and shoot’, you don’t miss much. Quikshot has proved to be a great thing, where you press record. It automatically switches on and records. It works very fast and has meant so little gets missed. Auto white balance kicks in fast as well.

Once the shop review is done, it’s mine! Im keeping this one….
2023-8-28
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very varied lighting quality and yet on video, it doesn’t show that much. Camera deals with exposure extremely well in auto…….

2023-8-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-28 23:09
Thank you 10 Bit and Fish.

You are right Fish. I’’m having a great time with the camera. Taken a ton of footage in preparation for the shop review and because the camera is literally ‘point and shoot’, you don’t miss much. Quikshot has proved to be a great thing, where you press record. It automatically switches on and records. It works very fast and has meant so little gets missed. Auto white balance kicks in fast as well.

that is great to hear: am   watching for mine to come and I can see my review in me head but putting it out there  good luck to me Lol   thank you , P-N-S is exactly what I am looking for less guessing.
2023-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules