MP4 files corrupt, won't read.
2436 10 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom Vision + v3.0 all is gorking great with drone but having intermittant corruption of MP4 files. I thought it may be an issue with the format so I formatted the card(s) 2,4 and 32GB through the phone app. I hoped this would solve the problem but it didn't. OK...here is the issue as far as I can tell. If I fly the drone without the phone app I start the camera by pushing the button until the camera lighs turns orange (recording). I then go about flying and recording, everything the same except no phone and camera started manually. One other thing, the files appear to corrupt at 260MB, which equates to almost exactly 3 minutes. any help will be greatly appreciated. One thing for sure, this drone is a kick to fly! Great job DJI!

Regards,
Joe Looper
2014-12-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You didn't say; do you turn off video recording BEFORE you power off the Phantom?
2014-12-8
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

I had this...  was due to me not stopping the video prior to turning off ( which I think is where Kenargo is also going ;)    If you put the SD card back in the  Phantom .. power on.. wait for a minute then take the SD card back out it should fix the MP4 corruption...  If not there is a tool  out there   to fix it...  Saw it yesterday when I was googling this issue .   Check it out.

http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Thanks,
2014-12-8
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

and if you look for a program to turn it back to an playable file get  Yamb
2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-9 05:46
You didn't say; do you turn off video recording BEFORE you power off the Phantom?

I hadn't thought of that. I usually land. Shut down and turn the camera off.
2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I usually shut the camera off last
2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

applekiller Posted at 2014-12-9 07:00
I had this...  was due to me not stopping the video prior to turning off ( which I think is where Ke ...

Thanks for the tip. It seems to work!
2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

applekiller Posted at 2014-12-9 07:00
I had this...  was due to me not stopping the video prior to turning off ( which I think is where Ke ...

Thanks for the tip. It seems to work!
2014-12-8
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

jmlooper Posted at 2014-12-9 10:02

Dang,,,sorry for the multiple posts.
2014-12-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That was what I was expecting; turning off the camera after the Phantom or forgetting to turn it off.  You will lose the last 10 or so seconds of the video but for the most part it should be there once the Phantom has had a chance to properly close the file.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules