iPad help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmoerman
lvl.1

United States

Hi.  I just got a nifty little iPad mini 2 (refurbished, very modest pricewise) to control my Phantom 3 Advanced (based on advise I picked up elsewhere in this forum).  It is my first iProduct and some of it is quite obscure to an old DOS/Windows/Android guy.  The darndest thing is figuring out how to move files around from the iPad to my Win7 desktop.  The files on the micro SD card from the Phantom are no problem.  The problem is the files on the iPad, especially the FlightRecord*.txt files (where * is the date of the flight).  When I was using my Samsung S5 it was trivial; I plugged the phone into a usb port, opened the files with Explorer, found the flight record files on the phone's sd card, and that was that.  With the iPad it's a whole different story. I simply can't find the files on the devise. Everything I've read seems to say you need to use iTunes to do this; but one can't run iTunes on either an iPad or Win7. I've tried two different file managers; neither shows up anything like the FlightRecord folder on the Samsung.  I can reach DropBox from the iPad; if I could transfer files to it, I'd be home free.  But I can't find the files.  Sorry for this dissertation, but I want to be clear, and I'm about at the end of my rope.  Many thanks in advance for any advise.  dan.
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need iTunes installed on windows first and activate the ipad on it. http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download/

Once this is done, select the Ipad, choose Apps. Scroll down and you will see "File Sharing", choose DJI Go and you will see the data. You can click anything and select "Save To"
1.PNG
2015-9-1
Use props
dmoerman
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-1 16:16
You need iTunes installed on windows first and activate the ipad on it. http://www.apple.com/uk/itun ...

Thanks sploodge.  I almost made it work!  I got the iTunes; i installed the iPad.  I found the FlightRecords folder.  I selected it, clicked on SaveTo, found the appropriate place on the PC, and clicked "Select Folder."  I then got an error message saying "<FlightRecords> could not be copied because you do not have permission to see its contents. You may need to unlock your iOS devise in order to copy files for this app" So, now what??  
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dmoerman Posted at 2015-9-1 22:07
Thanks sploodge.  I almost made it work!  I got the iTunes; i installed the iPad.  I found the Fli ...

Almost. make sure to unlock the ipad before plugging it in and you "should" see a message like this, click trust

Should allow you to save them now

When the Ipad is locked ( even if there is no passcode to open it ), some actions cannot be performed..
2015-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules