Hyperlapse fails to complete since last update
437 3 2023-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Had the Air 3 since the first week abd absolutely love the drone however after the last update (end of Aug 2023) I have tried to create hyperlapes in the 15 and 20 second range and it will stop usually after about 100 photos were taken and then the screen appears to act like the controller lost communications with the drone. it would then reset and the live view comes back and another attempt would be made.
have done about 2 dozen hyperlapes before the last update and all completed just fine.

Any clues as to the cause?
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Oldmaninwva. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if this issue occurs every time? If yes, please provide us with the below information for further checking:
1. A video showing the operation and issue.
2. The flight controller data and the flight time.
3. App Log.
4. The screenshot of the firmware version.

The Flight controller data can be exported using the software called DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may download it from this link. After downloading, just connect your drone to your PC/laptop using a USB cable then follow the instructions for the first time setup. The flight Logs are .DAT files that are under Log export.

How to export App logs (DJI RC 2):
1. Built-in DJI Fly App log
Power on the DJI RC 2, connect DJI RC 2 to the computer with the Type-C data cable, select DJI RC 2 on the computer, and follow the path to find the APP log and export it: internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG

How to export App logs (DJI RC-N2):
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG (The path of the version before DJI Fly App V1.4.12 is DJI>dji.go.v5>LOG), and then export the data in the ""LOG"" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes > File Sharing > DJI Fly, and then export all data under the ""Logs"" folder.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-9
Use props
Arizona Wyldwest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75194 ft
United States

Hello old man in W. Virginia. Lol…. Hope you’re enjoying the Air 3 as much as I am. I can see you have been using DJI drones for some time so you may have already tried but can’t hurt to mention a complete firmware refresh on both. I can’t speak for the DJI RC usage since I only use an iPad but I’ve ran several hyper-lapse very recently with my iPad 11 Pro using the RC-N2 controller and no issues. Latest Firmware version 01.00.0400 on both drone and controller and I believe it is the same with the DJI RC. At least you can eliminate that as a possible cause and better than jumping through those hoops to send them the data they are requesting. Can’t hurt and doesn’t take much time. As you probably already know, firmware is just software which controls the hardware and it can get corrupted for no reason at all. If you have already gone through everything then just disregard. Enjoy Sir and Good day, Mike….
2023-9-10
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Thanks for the response Mike…. Yes I’m really enjoying the Air 3..  been flying for going on 7 years now.
Yes I tried all of what you mentioned before with no change….  The kicker is it quit acting up about 1 week after it started.  Tried different so cards and everything.  It only happened about 8 or 9 times during that week, but once a new week started it has been working fine since.

I also use an iPad 11pro but only with the RCN2 controller.  At that time when it was acting up I was hoping to be able to be able to roll back the firmware but it’s no longer an option it appears.
Oh well, it’s working fine until the next issue.

Happy dronin!
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules