8979 21 2023-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigEar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

Hi all

Looking to purchase a new drone but these controller decision giving me headache.

RC is good but brightness only 700nits, RC-N1 is good cuz your smart phone can goes up to 1750nits (S22 Ultra), RC 2 is good cuz improvement over RC.

RC not good cuz no internet only wi-fi & the map can't renew on site, RC-N1 not good cuz has to use a phone more troublesome, RC 2 no good cuz it still has only 700nits.

These are only a few Pro & Cons and I'm having huge headache to decide.  Hope all experience pilot can give some input.

Many thanks.

ScreenHunter 1235.jpg
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are in the Mini forum so I'm not sure what type of drone you are looking for....or your price point.

Here's my advice if price is not a factor:  If you are looking for a Mini drone, wait a couple of week and set your sights on the Mini 4 Pro.
If you are not looking for a Mini drone in particular, buy the Air 3 with remote controller RC2.

Have a good day!
2023-9-12
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Canada

The Saint Posted at 9-12 09:52
You are in the Mini forum so I'm not sure what type of drone you are looking for....or your price point.

Here's my advice if price is not a factor:  If you are looking for a Mini drone, wait a couple of week and set your sights on the Mini 4 Pro.

It's Mini 3 series and above.  Regardless of the price, my concern is the controller as many had experienced 700 nits is not enough for a bright day.  And all the Cons for the RC.  
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

You already list all the pro and con. Only you can decide which to go with. It's your money not ours. Do you want to connect a phone or tablet every single time you go fly? Or do you want to just pull out remote and power on? Screen is 700 nits. I own the original rc remote and it's bright enough to use even in daytime. Idk how much brighter you want it to be. Your money, but for me I would choose rc 2 any day of the week. Used to own the rc n1 and it's pain in the ass to connect to my phone every single time I fly.
2023-9-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The RC N1 and RC are O3, the RC 2 is O4. They are NOT interchangeable at this time. The ONLY O4 drone at the moment is the Air 3, the Mini 4 is imminent, also O4.
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-12 10:23
The RC N1 and RC are O3, the RC 2 is O4. They are NOT interchangeable at this time. The ONLY O4 drone at the moment is the Air 3, the Mini 4 is imminent, also O4.

This.  To me, the buyer has a super advantage, he is getting word of a future launch before it happens and has a great opportunity to avoid the crowd that is disappointed because they had no idea "there equipment would become obsolete overnight."  I mean, how many times have we heard that.  "If I had known...."

At least wait to hear about the Mini 4 with packages and options and prices.
2023-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BigEar Posted at 9-12 10:00
It's Mini 3 series and above.  Regardless of the price, my concern is the controller as many had experienced 700 nits is not enough for a bright day.  And all the Cons for the RC.

Wait for the Mini 4 Pro to drop really soon.  It will be a nice upgrade over the Mini 3 Pro.  With Occusync 4 the signal strength will be much better and it should use the RC2 which has external antennas.  Be advised that it will still probably be a 700 NIT display unlike the 1000 NIT display of the RC Pro.  However, theh RC Pro is not compatible with the Air 3 and I doubt it will be with the Mini 4 Pro either.  

Another option is RCN2 and use a TriplTek tablet for your display.  My TriplTek 9 Pro has a 1300 Nit display and I have no problem seeing it in the bring Florida sunshine.

2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BigEar. Thank you for considering DJI drones! Aide form the RCs, please consider also the drone model that you are going to buy because currently, the RC 2 and RC-N2 are only compatible with the DJI Air 3 drone. Hopefully, other co-pilots can provide their recommendation about the best RC for their drones.
2023-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would deffo wait, but i would also disregard the N1 RC as your phone will never be as good as the DJI RC despite what the phone manufacturers spout, that doesn't last long once they get hot. Unless you have funny money for the TriplTek 9, then the N1/2 would be better, but then there is also the RC Pro,  there has to be a RC Pro 2 coming soon with O4???
2023-9-12
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-12 20:17
Hi, BigEar. Thank you for considering DJI drones! Aide form the RCs, please consider also the drone model that you are going to buy because currently, the RC 2 and RC-N2 are only compatible with the DJI Air 3 drone. Hopefully, other co-pilots can provide their recommendation about the best RC for their drones.

I know, but the RC2 / RC-N2 will be compatible to the Mini 4 Pro it's already leaked.  Hopefully it's true
2023-9-12
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Canada

Bashy Posted at 9-12 20:22
I would deffo wait, but i would also disregard the N1 RC as your phone will never be as good as the DJI RC despite what the phone manufacturers spout, that doesn't last long once they get hot. Unless you have funny money for the TriplTek 9, then the N1/2 would be better, but then there is also the RC Pro,  there has to be a RC Pro 2 coming soon with O4???

Thanks for reply. My smart phone Samsung Ultra22 Plus claimed a 1750 nits brightness and there are also a setting to disable the auto dimming even under hot temperature.  I had downloaded the Dji fly already and will test my phone under bright hot day to see if it will dim.  If not, it will be a lot brighter than the TriplTek.  Will update later.
2023-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BigEar Posted at 9-12 20:56
Thanks for reply. My smart phone Samsung Ultra22 Plus claimed a 1750 nits brightness and there are also a setting to disable the auto dimming even under hot temperature.  I had downloaded the Dji fly already and will test my phone under bright hot day to see if it will dim.  If not, it will be a lot brighter than the TriplTek.  Will update later.

Yeah, simlar to my Note 20 Ultra, whilst yes it does get bright, but for them to hit the very max brightness they have to be on auto and it does not last long due to heat :/

The 700 nits on the RC is very good and much brighter than your smartphone when it dims (and it does not take long, mine doesn't anyway) and it does not dim.
2023-9-13
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

RC not good cuz no internet only wi-fi & the map can't renew on site, RC-N1 not good cuz has to use a phone more troublesome, RC 2 no good cuz it still has only 700nits.

RC not good, because its range is poor, and its maps are not google.

2023-9-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Zoooom Posted at 9-13 04:22
RC not good cuz no internet only wi-fi & the map can't renew on site, RC-N1 not good cuz has to use a phone more troublesome, RC 2 no good cuz it still has only 700nits.

true, but it still does the job as long as you point it at the drone, which is fine with me.
2023-9-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Zoooom Posted at 9-13 04:22
RC not good cuz no internet only wi-fi & the map can't renew on site, RC-N1 not good cuz has to use a phone more troublesome, RC 2 no good cuz it still has only 700nits.

The maps are horrible so I just don't use them.
2023-9-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-13 10:09
To eliminate the map issue just reenable Wi-FI after lift off & allow the RC to tether to your phone's HotSpot.  As far as poor range, I must disagree...

https://youtu.be/jdfGQZfOWFA?si=13cKWeTUCF3ghanR

How did you get it to got that far? Mine maxes out around a mile with some trees
2023-9-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-13 14:22
I maiden & test all my new birds here, launching from Fort Armistead & flying out over the Patapsco river.
The area mostly over open water with little RF interference.

That makes since. I can get my m3p upto a little over a mile with mild interference
2023-9-13
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-13 14:22
I maiden & test all my new birds here, launching from Fort Armistead & flying out over the Patapsco river.
The area mostly over open water with little RF interference.

WOW that drone flew incredibly far ...

Does the water surface favor a better connection ?

Or is the lack of interference the reason for this good connection ?

What was the distance in kilometers ? Already had palpitations at a 1 kilometer flight.

2023-9-13
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

BigEar Posted at 9-12 10:00

Why do you not use a cover to protect the screen from too much light ?

I think this could be a good and not too expensive solution ...

2023-9-14
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Canada

Space Dream Posted at 9-14 02:35
Why do you not use a cover to protect the screen from too much light ?

I think this could be a good and not too expensive solution ...

I don't want to carry one more item and its bulky too....

2023-9-14
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Potato mini Posted at 9-13 11:14
How did you get it to got that far? Mine maxes out around a mile with some trees

The trick with ocu 3 is it must be perfect line of sight.

The ocusync 2 Mini 2 drones will conk out at 4.2km in CE mode with RC-N1, but that's OK, because they are less efficient than Mini 3, so only travel that far, anyway. But o2 performs better than o3, if you have some trees in the way.
2023-10-9
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-13 10:09
To eliminate the map issue just reenable Wi-FI after lift off & allow the RC to tether to your phone's HotSpot.  As far as poor range, I must disagree...

https://youtu.be/jdfGQZfOWFA?si=13cKWeTUCF3ghanR

As far as poor range, I must disagree...

You are presumably using FCC mode, so 8km is not very astounding. I have done 9km using RC-N1 in CE mode, and still had good 2-3 bar transmission.

2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules