5598 29 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell me what settings are required to be able to turn on the low-light image enhancement option? I've tinkered around with different frame rates, resolutions, rock steady, no rock steady, etc. and the option is greyed out and not selectable in the menu on my OA4.
2023-9-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It is disabled in PRO mode
2023-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's greyed out for me when pro mode is on or off
2023-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ok, I seem to have found something. If I have it set to any 4k video selection, the option is not available. But for some reason, when I tried it earlier wasn't available in 1080 either. But I just tried it in 2.7k and its available and in 1080 now as well, strange. But still not available in 4k, but shows in either pro mode or not pro mode. So it seems it's resolution limited, now I understand.
2023-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this is how to get Low light Enhancement on and off, it is known as the HDR mode

2023-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

writing steps  Do not be in 48, or 50fps, once off that and on 30 f, 25,f, 24f, the Auto low light enables, the words cancel is "Incorrect, should say "Off, cancel  is off, auto is on .   HDR was taken away and substituted without notice
2023-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate that Fish, but for some reason, if I set mine to 4K @24, 25 or 30 FPS, the option remains greyed out. Not sure whats up with that if I've got something else set funny or what. But even following your vid, it stays greyed out.
2023-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think I figured it out for 4K. If I have the FOV set to anything besides Standard, it greys they option out. If I set it to Standard (Dewarp) it allows me to change the option.
2023-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Auto low light enabled:

4K24,25,30  FOV  Ultrawide  Disabled,
4K24, 25,30p FOV  enabled

RS only will be enabled,
RS+. HB Disabled

Low light Priority Enabled , Auto low light enabled.

these are what I noticed  to have Auto low light enabled/disabled on some of the settings. if DJI has a Chart. be great. a cheat sheet. for us.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JodyB. Thank you for reaching out. With Low-Light Image Enhancement enabled, the camera detects low-light environment automatically and adjusts exposure parameters intelligently to improve image quality. In this mode, the camera supports recording 1080p videos at 24/25/30 fps, 2.7k (16:9 & 4:3) videos at 24/25/30 fps with any of the EIS modes enabled, and 4k (16:9) videos at 24/25/30 fps with RockSteady enabled or EIS off. 4k (16:9) does support Low-Light Image Enhancement while 4k (4:3) does not. Hope this helps.
2023-9-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-19 04:30
Hi, JodyB. Thank you for reaching out. With Low-Light Image Enhancement enabled, the camera detects low-light environment automatically and adjusts exposure parameters intelligently to improve image quality. In this mode, the camera supports recording 1080p videos at 24/25/30 fps, 2.7k (16:9 & 4:3) videos at 24/25/30 fps with any of the EIS modes enabled, and 4k (16:9) videos at 24/25/30 fps with RockSteady enabled or EIS off. 4k (16:9) does support Low-Light Image Enhancement while 4k (4:3) does not. Hope this helps.

Thank you DJai Gamora. This is similar to what I’ve found by exploring the settings, except I’ve been able to active this with horizon balancing turned on as well.
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

how can we turn off HDR and keep 30f and under
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 9-19 05:03
Thank you DJai Gamora. This is similar to what I’ve found by exploring the settings, except I’ve been able to active this with horizon balancing turned on as well.

You're most welcome, JodyB. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-9-20
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-19 04:30

For me, OA4 in 4K 16:9 30fps (HB), FOV is grayed out. Low light image enhancement is also grayed out. Is it correct?
2023-9-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

HB, RS+ do not work on Low light. we love it too but won't
2023-9-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-22 04:01
HB, RS+ do not work on Low light. we love it too but won't

That’s what I’m saying. I know it isn’t supposed to but I’ve been playing around with those settings, and in my oa4, sometimes it will but most of the time it won’t. No rhyme or reason why sometimes it does. Maybe it out 20 times I try, it will.
2023-9-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-22 05:15
That’s what I’m saying. I know it isn’t supposed to but I’ve been playing around with those settings, and in my oa4, sometimes it will but most of the time it won’t. No rhyme or reason why sometimes it does. Maybe it out 20 times I try, it will.

hope DJI can answer   for this.     love to hear their answer not  we will pass it along
2023-9-22
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Folks, can anyone tell me the difference between: "EIS priority in low light" and "Low light image enhancement"?

For EIS priority I have some ideas: sacrifice ISO for shutter speed (i.e. don't let the shutter speed go lower than EIS requirement to operate; increase the ISO instead).

But what "Low light image enhancement" feature changes? How does it work?

Thank you.
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danergo Posted at 9-22 03:42
For me, OA4 in 4K 16:9 30fps (HB), FOV is grayed out. Low light image enhancement is also grayed out. Is it correct?

Hi, Danergo. Yes, that is correct.
2023-9-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the Auto low light prompt says

When Enabled, camera will detect Low-light enviorement, automatically and reduce noise. Only available in 30FPS 25,F and 24F not 48 or higher.

now what exactly does it  set up.???? Well @DJI Gamora did not answer
2023-9-25
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 9-25 05:05
the Auto low light prompt says

When Enabled, camera will detect Low-light enviorement, automatically and reduce noise. Only available in 30FPS 25,F and 24F not 48 or higher.

Yes. How exactly is it reducing noise? By slowing down shutter speed and sacrificing EIS? Then what's the difference between this and EIS priority in low light?

Or limiting ISO? Or applying some black magic?
2023-9-26
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

JodyB Posted at 9-19 05:03
Thank you DJai Gamora. This is similar to what I’ve found by exploring the settings, except I’ve been able to active this with horizon balancing turned on as well.

Having Horizon Balancing enabled simultaneously with this feature results in ghosting for me in dark areas.
2023-9-26
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 9-26 10:41
Having Horizon Balancing enabled simultaneously with this feature results in ghosting for me in dark areas.

I think that is due to it not supposed to be actived with horizon balancing enabled. I can only get mine to low-light enabled with horizon balancing on one out of every 20 or so tries.
2023-9-26
Use props
KNOWN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So if shooting d-log this option is not available also right?

Is there much difference or better with d-log?

Seen some really impressive footage in low light from YT and then some not so great.

Wasnt sure if great footage was from d log or from using the low light enhancement.

Understand this is an action camera and can only get so much from too!
2023-10-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thats one thing I haven't tried to use with the low light option. D log is a great option if you plan on color grading your work in post. It allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene as it can to record a low contrast image so that highlights aren't blown out as much and shadows aren't pure black. Then when you color grade it in post, it brings all that out. But in a good daylight situation, auto can be just as good and in some cases I've seen, I couldn't really tell a difference. it really depends on who you ask and the filming situation to be honest.
2023-10-11
Use props
KNOWN
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 10-11 07:51
Thats one thing I haven't tried to use with the low light option. D log is a great option if you plan on color grading your work in post. It allows the camera sensor to pull as much dynamic information from the scene as it can to record a low contrast image so that highlights aren't blown out as much and shadows aren't pure black. Then when you color grade it in post, it brings all that out. But in a good daylight situation, auto can be just as good and in some cases I've seen, I couldn't really tell a difference. it really depends on who you ask and the filming situation to be honest.

☝️✅

I am planning to test out this weekend at a Sony Halloween event so undecided to shoot in D-log or auto. Both 10bit so sure will look great during the day.

Low light is just a bonus but some footage seen really impressed me, and as B-roll for my A1 think will work well.

Thankful you also for starting this thread as I couldn't see too much info online about it.

2023-10-11
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

KNOWN Posted at 10-11 12:46
☝️✅

I am planning to test out this weekend at a Sony Halloween event so undecided to shoot in D-log or auto. Both 10bit so sure will look great during the day.

When in doubt, always record in D-Log.  In this mode, nothing gets lost and can be enhanced in editing.
2023-10-21
Use props
JuanBurgundy
lvl.1
United States

can I have Low-Light Image Enhance turned on recording at 4k,30fps, pov-wide , normal rock steady , color normal?
I seen some where that if you have Low-Light Image Enhance turned on camera will stop recording when it has to engage.
2-22 17:11
Use props
djiuser_NvgIvMTWCj2i
New

United Kingdom

Just tinkering with my OA4, the low light image enhancement does not work in pro mode stat. It works if pro mode is disabled and the FOV is set to standard. Resolution is fine at 4k but fps must be 30 or lower.
2-26 08:27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

in Pro mode If Customs used, also portrait, it disables.
2-26 12:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules