New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
1234567Next >
39692 265 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2024.04.23
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.0000 (DJI RC 2)
  • v01.01.0300 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.13.1
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.1

What’s New
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Overview

• Date: 2024.04.11
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.0000 (DJI RC 2)
  • v01.01.0300 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App iOS:        v1.13.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.0

What’s New
  • Added support for DJI Goggles 3 and DJI RC Motion 3. Visit https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/downloads and refer to the Consumer Drones and Goggles Compatibility Information (for DJI Goggles 3) for more information.
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements of some countries and regions.

Notes
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.13.0 or later.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.12.21
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2)
  •                                                      v01.01.0200 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.12.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4

What’s New
  • Added Auto mode for ActiveShots 360°.
  • Added Vision Assist.
  • Added Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing switch.
  • Added 3x digital zoom for 12MP photo mode.
  • Added support for taking five 48MP photos when using AEB and Burst Shooting.
  • Added support for DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra, and DJI RC Motion 2. Visit https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/downloads and refer to the Consumer Drones and Goggles Compatibility Information for more information.
  • Added support for civil uncrewed aircraft owners to register their aircraft with CAAC using their real names to comply with the uncrewed aircraft-related regulations in China.
  • Added support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.

Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.12.4 or later.
  • Make sure to update the firmware of the aircraft, goggles, and motion controller before linking. The user can use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) to update the firmware of each device individually, or use the DJI Fly app to update the firmware:
  • Aircraft: Update the firmware with the remote controller.
  • Goggles and Motion Controller: Power on the goggles and the motion controller. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to a mobile device, run DJI Fly, and select Profile > Device Management. Locate the corresponding goggles. Select Firmware Update and follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.11.08
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210
  • Remote Controller Firmware:  
v02.00.0100 (DJI RC 2)
v01.01.0100 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.12.3
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.3

What’s New

Notes:

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.09.25
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0000 (DJI RC 2)
                                                                 v01.01.0100 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.12.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.0

What’s New
  • Added AR Home Point, AR Return-to-Home Route, and AR Aircraft Shadow.
  • Added support for the wide-angle lens.
  • Added support for the propeller guard.
  • Updated to ActiveTrack 360° with enhanced subject tracking capabilities. Swipe a path on the trace wheel interface to capture seamless cinematic shots such as orbiting, fading in, and fading away.
  • Optimized photo and video quality.
  • Increased the stability of videos when using Hyperlapse.

Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.12.0 or later.

2023-9-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just bought from Amazon uk delivery tomorrow. Now need to sell a Mini 2 and Mini 3 pro.
2023-9-25
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, looking forward to some reviews with videos and photos of the new aircraft.  Hopefully the new RC2 will be compatible with older aircraft?!
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seeing mixed reviews about the camera sensor,  some reviews are saying same as Mini 3 Pro with improved ISP others are saying same as Air3.    Tempted if the photo quality is improved.  
2023-9-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 05:56
Seeing mixed reviews about the camera sensor,  some reviews are saying same as Mini 3 Pro with improved ISP others are saying same as Air3.    Tempted if the photo quality is improved.

When I eventially made up my mind to buy the Mini 3 Pro, they were out of stock everwhere, eventually did get one, so this afternoon I decided you know you'll get one at some point, so do it, quick check on Amazon UK and boom took the plunge, may regret it but Its my little hobby and its a relatively cheap hobby compared to a lot of other hobbies.
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-25 06:47
When I eventially made up my mind to buy the Mini 3 Pro, they were out of stock everwhere, eventually did get one, so this afternoon I decided you know you'll get one at some point, so do it, quick check on Amazon UK and boom took the plunge, may regret it but Its my little hobby and its a relatively cheap hobby compared to a lot of other hobbies.

Im hoping to get a free one from Argos but so far there not listed on the website,  but if the comments about mini 3 batteries not working without warning messages,  C0 being limited to 120m and the camera for stills not being improved Im right on the fence.
2023-9-25
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Why can't we buy the Mini 4 Pro only (Without RC) ??? I have already the RC-2 and RC-N2 controller!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298229
2023-9-25
Use props
vispol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309029 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mavic Mini 4 Pro , does it have a Finger Pan?
2023-9-25
Use props
KJMPhotography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2652500 ft
United Kingdom

Will there be support for the RC pro coming as this will stop me ordering at this time.
2023-9-26
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Batteries need to be updated at the same time. After fully updating RC and Drone, put the next battery in, switch on and check firmware update, follow instructions, ditto for any other batteries you have.
2023-9-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-25 06:47
When I eventially made up my mind to buy the Mini 3 Pro, they were out of stock everwhere, eventually did get one, so this afternoon I decided you know you'll get one at some point, so do it, quick check on Amazon UK and boom took the plunge, may regret it but Its my little hobby and its a relatively cheap hobby compared to a lot of other hobbies.

I too am guilty. B&H will have the Mini 4 Pro w/RC 2 & a "fluff" battery here tomorrow. I definitely would have not done this had the battery system not been compatible with the Mini 3 Pro. Also, damn you B&H for being so fast.  
2023-9-26
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-26 12:52
I too am guilty. B&H will have the Mini 4 Pro w/RC 2 & a "fluff" battery here tomorrow. I definitely would have not done this had the battery system not been compatible with the Mini 3 Pro. Also, damn you B&H for being so fast.

Did the same thing. Delivery tomorrow but purchased with RC-N2 because I already have the RC 2 for my Air 3
2023-9-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-27 04:49
Did the same thing. Delivery tomorrow but purchased with RC-N2 because I already have the RC 2 for my Air 3

It was a toss up between another RC 2 and RC-N2. I knew I would have kicked myself if I had to switch back and forth with the Air 3's RC 2. I guess I've kind of "had it" with cradle controllers. Just used one yesterday to update my Air 2 and remembered I can't easily use my Z Fold. Had to dig out the old Note10.
2023-9-27
Use props
pinballwiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3808425 ft
United States

When will the Mini 4 Pro get compatibility with DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2? We already saw the Mavic Air 3 got a firmware update, so we know technically there is nothing stopping the Mini 4 Pro from getting the firmware as well.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj
lvl.1
Denmark

Hey dji
Are you working on an update for mini 4 so that you can use googles 2 and motion controler 2 ?
That will be Nice
2023-9-28
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

pinballwiz Posted at 9-27 13:44
When will the Mini 4 Pro get compatibility with DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2? We already saw the Mavic Air 3 got a firmware update, so we know technically there is nothing stopping the Mini 4 Pro from getting the firmware as well.

Its not the Mavic Air 3 But just the Air 3
There are 2 types of drones:

1. Mavic
2. Air
2023-9-28
Use props
pinballwiz
lvl.2
United States

H3llo Posted at 9-28 07:38
Its not the Mavic Air 3 But just the Air 3
There are 2 types of drones:

They used to call them Mavic Air. (I own the Mavic Air 2)
2023-9-28
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

pinballwiz Posted at 9-28 08:17
They used to call them Mavic Air. (I own the Mavic Air 2)

And no, there are 5 different types of consumer drones: Mavic, FPV, Air, Mini, Avata.

Lets be clear.

There are 3 types of the Mavic:
DJI Mavic 3 - DJI Mavic 3 Classic - DJI Mavic 3 Pro

For the air 4 types:
Mavic Air  -  Mavic Air 2 - DJI AIR 2S - DJI AIR 3

So in don't know in which world the Mavic Air 3 exists like @pinballwiz describes

P.S - there are 8 differtent types of DJI consumer drones.

8DRONEZPRICK.png
2023-9-28
Use props
pinballwiz
lvl.2
United States

H3llo Posted at 9-28 08:21
Lets be clear.

There are 3 types of the Mavic:

Not sure what you are getting at, but you're going off-topic.
2023-9-28
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

pinballwiz Posted at 9-28 08:24
Not sure what you are getting at, but you're going off-topic.

Lol. why are you editing messages and deleting your other comments?
2023-9-28
Use props
pinballwiz
lvl.2
United States

H3llo Posted at 9-28 08:27
Lol. why are you editing messages and deleting your other comments?

I didn't delete anything, but yes I did edit one of my posts.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RobZilla Posted at 9-25 05:35
Nice, looking forward to some reviews with videos and photos of the new aircraft.  Hopefully the new RC2 will be compatible with older aircraft?!

Hi, RobZilla. Currently, we don't have any information yet about the compatibility of RC 2 with the previous drones but we will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-1
Use props
SKYNET UG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136496 ft
Germany

djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj Posted at 9-28 00:55
Hey dji
Are you working on an update for mini 4 so that you can use googles 2 and motion controler 2 ?
That will be Nice

I think it will not be compatible since different technologies are used. The difference is technical, not software. In other words, the manufacturer needs to make new glasses for the mini 4 pro and these glasses will not be compatible with other drones.
2023-10-1
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

SKYNET UG Posted at 10-1 10:11
I think it will not be compatible since different technologies are used. The difference is technical, not software. In other words, the manufacturer needs to make new glasses for the mini 4 pro and these glasses will not be compatible with other drones.

The Mini 4 Pro has the same technology as the AIR 3 and the AIR 3 is compatible with Goggles 2 and RC Motion Controller 2
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_FlAnRMA7M4Q4
New
Flight distance : 145082 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He is a good question, you release the new DGI 4 Pro and it doesn’t work with the Integra goggles so sometime in the future. I’m sure it will, but I think that is not a very good marketing idea because people that have bought the Integra goggles now have them sitting around on the floor while they are waiting for your company to catch up and also what’s the problem with making other drones capable of using the same goggles if you want more sales make your product easier to buy ! Putting things out, dribs and drabs doesn’t show a very professional company AND you have a wonderful product, but even the best products can fail if they’re not handled correctly for example, Sony with the beta max was the superior system in the old days to VHS, but VHS won in the end because it was marketed better and presented better DJI could use some help in that area. I should be able to use my DJI mini 4  with my integra goggles today, not have to wait for dji to decide when to give it to me.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

KJMPhotography Posted at 9-26 08:58
Will there be support for the RC pro coming as this will stop me ordering at this time.

Hi, KJMPhotography. Currently, we don't have any information yet about the compatibility of RC Pro with Mini 4 Pro but we will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pinballwiz Posted at 9-27 13:44

Hi, pinballwiz. Currently, we don't have any information about the compatibility of DJI Goggles Integra/DJI Goggles 2/DJI RC Motion 2 with Mini 4 Pro. We will take this as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj Posted at 9-28 00:55
Hey dji
Are you working on an update for mini 4 so that you can use googles 2 and motion controler 2 ?
That will be Nice

Hi, djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj. The Mini 4 Pro does not currently support DJI Goggles Integra/DJI Goggles 2/DJI RC Motion 2. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FlAnRMA7M4Q4 Posted at 10-1 15:50
He is a good question, you release the new DGI 4 Pro and it doesn’t work with the Integra goggles so sometime in the future. I’m sure it will, but I think that is not a very good marketing idea because people that have bought the Integra goggles now have them sitting around on the floor while they are waiting for your company to catch up and also what’s the problem with making other drones capable of using the same goggles if you want more sales make your product easier to buy ! Putting things out, dribs and drabs doesn’t show a very professional company AND you have a wonderful product, but even the best products can fail if they’re not handled correctly for example, Sony with the beta max was the superior system in the old days to VHS, but VHS won in the end because it was marketed better and presented better DJI could use some help in that area. I should be able to use my DJI mini 4  with my integra goggles today, not have to wait for dji to decide when to give it to me.

Hi, djiuser_FlAnRMA7M4Q4. Thank you for sharing your insight. We'll forward them to our relevant team. The Mini 4 Pro does not currently support DJI Goggles Integra/DJI Goggles 2/DJI RC Motion 2 but we will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

vispol Posted at 9-25 13:22
DJI Mavic Mini 4 Pro , does it have a Finger Pan?

Hi, vispol. Can you please explain what you mean by Finger Pan? Do you want to control the gimbal from the App? The DJI Mini 4 Pro supports long-press control of gimbal tilt on DJI Fly's image transmission page. If this is not what you want to do, please explain the details. Thank you.
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_7S3ZxMit9ETa
lvl.1
Austria

The problem is solved that the green LED continues to flash on the Mini 4 Pro when filming at night. Since these are mounted at the back, it won't affect the camera at night either.
2023-10-2
Use props
fansf012cc9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80823 ft
Germany

Hi, how I can transfer pictures from the rc2 to my iPhone. There is now way, that is very bad!!!
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansf012cc9f Posted at 10-2 11:04
Hi, how I can transfer pictures from the rc2 to my iPhone. There is now way, that is very bad!!!

Hi, fansf012cc9f. Thank you for reaching out. Are you trying to transfer the original files? If yes, you may use the QuickTransfer function wherein you can get the original files from the aircraft. In order to provide you with a more clear solution, I personally made a video for you regarding this issue, and hope it will be helpful: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/eb2 ... 1c7e5fc66b0b9cf.mp4
The DJI Fly can be downloaded from the App Store. You may also check our website: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly.
2023-10-4
Use props
vispol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309029 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-1 20:06
Hi, vispol. Can you please explain what you mean by Finger Pan? Do you want to control the gimbal from the App? The DJI Mini 4 Pro supports long-press control of gimbal tilt on DJI Fly's image transmission page. If this is not what you want to do, please explain the details. Thank you.

DJI Air 2s has a finger pan   , the mini 4 pro should have a Finger Pan, we film a lot of cars and this would help a lot. as I was updating the drone and calibrating gimbal a I noticed that the gimal moved on its own 30% left and right, so it is available just not in the software,  

2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

vispol Posted at 10-5 08:03
DJI Air 2s has a finger pan   , the mini 4 pro should have a Finger Pan, we film a lot of cars and this would help a lot. as I was updating the drone and calibrating gimbal a I noticed that the gimal moved on its own 30% left and right, so it is available just not in the software,

Hi, vispol. Can you please show us a screenshot of that feature from the Air 2s app to further check?
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101188 ft

United States

I recently purchased the mini 4 pro and I'm loving it compared to my mini 3. However, this drone needs more software updates, mainly with the stability. My mini 3 was very stable in no wind and windy conditions.  However, the mini 4 pro is not as stable. Hovering in still conditions this drone is pretty wabbly and any breeze seems to cause it to struggle and at times it's noticeable on camera. I hope DJI will continue to improve this awesome drone in the months to come.
2023-10-8
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea Posted at 10-8 09:19
I recently purchased the mini 4 pro and I'm loving it compared to my mini 3. However, this drone needs more software updates, mainly with the stability. My mini 3 was very stable in no wind and windy conditions.  However, the mini 4 pro is not as stable. Hovering in still conditions this drone is pretty wabbly and any breeze seems to cause it to struggle and at times it's noticeable on camera. I hope DJI will continue to improve this awesome drone in the months to come.

My Mini 4 Pro is very stable, maybe an IMU calibration and compass calibration may help.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea Posted at 10-8 09:19
I recently purchased the mini 4 pro and I'm loving it compared to my mini 3. However, this drone needs more software updates, mainly with the stability. My mini 3 was very stable in no wind and windy conditions.  However, the mini 4 pro is not as stable. Hovering in still conditions this drone is pretty wabbly and any breeze seems to cause it to struggle and at times it's noticeable on camera. I hope DJI will continue to improve this awesome drone in the months to come.

Hi, djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea. Thank you for reaching out we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a sample video for further checking? Also, how was the wind in the environment where you're flying?
2023-10-8
Use props
Paul Lenz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3740 ft
Germany

I am just switching from Mavic 2 Zoom to Mini 4 PRO.
I really like the feature that I can correct AE with the right wheel!
But I am missing two features which were possible on Mavic 2 Zoom:
  • I want to switch the landing light on and off with C1
  • I want to switch the distance sensors on and off with C2
Today the Mini 4 PRO refused to fly back to the home point because some trees were very close. Most likely I can switch the distance sensors off somewhere deep down in the menue, but it would be easier and faster if I could to this only with C2.

2023-10-9
Use props
Monkieboy00
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101188 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-8 19:13
Hi, djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea. Thank you for reaching out we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a sample video for further checking? Also, how was the wind in the environment where you're flying?

Thanks for the reply, here are two links to show the drone movement. One is inside the house and it wabbles and moves left and right. The second video is outdoors with a wind of 6-8 mph. The drone has been calibrated multiple times and still no change. My mini 3 was incredible stable indoors and outdoors.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BeXDN90ojsw?feature=shared

https://youtube.com/shorts/0_cuaMXZvAo?feature=shared
Update: I put my finger on the top of the drone when its hovering and there is a lot of vibration. I did the same to my frinds mini 4 pro and there was very little vibration on his drone. I changed my props but that did not resolve the issue.

2023-10-9
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules