1419 27 2023-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
segrex_it
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396952 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I didn't even get to make the first real test flight. Vertical gimbal motor stuck, error 1D010003.
Even trying to move the motor by hand with the drone off, you can feel some resistance.

I have opened the ticket CAS-14372467-Q5Q1G9, please handle it as soon as possible, the drone is literally new.

Thank you
2023-9-28
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

open a warranty case with DJI
2023-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even the most rigorous Quality Testing will miss the occasional dud. Disappointing for you, to receive one.  But you should have no difficulty getting a replacement under warranty.
2023-9-28
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear/read the news. I'm assuming you removed all the protective labels including the protective foam behind the gimbal?
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience with your recent purchase of DJI Mini 4. If the aircraft is faulty out of the box, you may request a replacement instead. If you wish to proceed with the replacement request, you may simply apply through this link After successfully creating a new case, please let us know about the latest case number and the existing one will be canceled.  hope this information helps. We look forward to hearing from you.
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

This is really a disappointment and I wish you a fast express replacement delivery
2023-9-28
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 9-28 13:41
Hello, there. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience with your recent purchase of DJI Mini 4. If the aircraft is faulty out of the box, you may request a replacement instead. If you wish to proceed with the replacement request, you may simply apply through this link After successfully creating a new case, please let us know about the latest case number and the existing one will be canceled.  hope this information helps. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Diana. I need to close the case already opened to apply for the replacement?
2023-9-28
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 9-28 13:41

Done:

NEW CASE FOR REPLACEMENT: CAS-14373041-T7M8S3

OLD CASE (DELETE IT): CAS-14372467-Q5Q1G9

Plese let me know for the shipping label.

Thanks!
2023-9-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Just return it from where you bought it and get a new one......No need to open a ticket from DJI.  If you bought from DJI they will just replace it with a new one.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

segrex_it Posted at 9-28 13:55
Done:

NEW CASE FOR REPLACEMENT: CAS-14373041-T7M8S3

Thank you for the update. The previous case has been successfully canceled. Please check your email including spam/junk folder for the shipping label. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2023-9-28
Use props
agia57
lvl.4
Flight distance : 522690 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 14:43
You definitely removed the foam shipping insert from behind the camera?

^ This -- I missed the foam the first time myself and got a gimbal stuck error.  Looked again and saw that I missed it...
2023-9-28
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

agia57 Posted at 9-28 18:51
^ This -- I missed the foam the first time myself and got a gimbal stuck error.  Looked again and saw that I missed it...

Thanks but... Yes, i removed the foam and all plastic wraps before turning on the drone for the first time :-)
2023-9-28
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

MHM Posted at 9-28 15:04
Just return it from where you bought it and get a new one......No need to open a ticket from DJI.  If you bought from DJI they will just replace it with a new one.

Not directly from dji, but from an authorized online reseller (a dji partner)
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

segrex_it Posted at 9-28 19:45
Not directly from dji, but from an authorized online reseller (a dji partner)

Yup better to go to who you bought it from DJI will most likely do your head in for this sort of thing
2023-9-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

agia57 Posted at 9-28 18:51
Just throw away the foam it’s not needed.
2023-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MHM Posted at 9-28 20:39
Just through away the foam it’s not needed.

I always replace the foam insert after every flight, to keep the gimbal steady during transport.
In addition to the clear plastic cover.
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 9-28 23:57
I always replace the foam insert after every flight, to keep the gimbal steady during transport.

I do this also often
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-28 23:57

Same procedure here also.  Just a good safety precaution.
2023-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 10:44
Same procedure here also.  Just a good safety precaution.

Absolutely. If it wasn't there to ensure safe transport, why would DJI put it there in the first place.  Makes total sense to follow the same procedure. And it's now a habit to insert and remove it between flights.
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-29 11:09
Absolutely. If it wasn't there to ensure safe transport, why would DJI put it there in the first place.  Makes total sense to follow the same procedure. And it's now a habit to insert and remove it between flights.

Exactly.  I also figured that the weakest point on the drone is most probably the gimbal assembly so why not protect it as best we can.  Always better to be safe rather than sorry later.  Easy to put in and easy to take out.  Not sure why they didn't come with the earlier DJI drones.  
2023-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 11:15
Exactly.  I also figured that the weakest point on the drone is most probably the gimbal assembly so why not protect it as best we can.  Always better to be safe rather than sorry later.  Easy to put in and easy to take out.  Not sure why they didn't come with the earlier DJI drones.

The Phantom 4 had a foam collar. I flew mine with it on, once or twice, by mistake.
2023-9-29
Use props
NBGRobbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12349 ft
United Kingdom

Not long before we see refurbs then
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-29 11:30
The Phantom 4 had a foam collar. I flew mine with it on, once or twice, by mistake.

I never hand any of the Phantoms as I started with DJI Mini.  I had the original Skydio and then upgraded to the Skydio 2+  None of those had any foam.  Accidentally, I did take a fam flight with the Mini and it still had on the gimbal cover.  Fortunately, I wasn't filming and didn't move the gimbal around.  I didn't notice it was still on until I landed.  No warning came up on DJI Fly App either.  So guess I was lucky I didn't mess up the gimbal.

Looking back I don't know why all of the drones didn't ship with that foam gimbal protector.  
2023-9-30
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These things unfortunately sometimes happen. My brand new Mavic 3 was faulty on Christmas Day. Sorted by DJI in a couple of weeks. I hope you get yours back quickly.
2023-9-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-30 09:45
I never hand any of the Phantoms as I started with DJI Mini.  I had the original Skydio and then upgraded to the Skydio 2+  None of those had any foam.  Accidentally, I did take a fam flight with the Mini and it still had on the gimbal cover.  Fortunately, I wasn't filming and didn't move the gimbal around.  I didn't notice it was still on until I landed.  No warning came up on DJI Fly App either.  So guess I was lucky I didn't mess up the gimbal.

Looking back I don't know why all of the drones didn't ship with that foam gimbal protector.

The Phantom 4 also had a plastic gimbal clamp, or lock. It was absolutely essential to remove that before flight, or serious gimbal damage could occur.
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

@ DJI Admins - Can i get a spare "foam" to protect the Gimbal part ?

2023-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-30 22:48
The Phantom 4 also had a plastic gimbal clamp, or lock. It was absolutely essential to remove that before flight, or serious gimbal damage could occur.

I hear you.  I think I was just plain lucky that the Mini gimbal wasn't rendered inoperative.  
2023-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 02:43
I hear you.  I think I was just plain lucky that the Mini gimbal wasn't rendered inoperative.

2023-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules