539 0 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
Dominican Republic

Just want to leave this here in case someone needs the info

Ive had my action cam about 4 years, never had an issue, until i took it to the Dominican Republic on holiday, it worked fine until we took a trip outto Isla Saona when halfway through the day it just refused to turn on, i left it in my bag until i got back thinking the batteries hadnt charged. Back at the hotel that evening i plugged the cam into mains power and it powered up. I put the batteries on charge and tried the cam once theyhad charged up and again it refused to power on. I left it overnight and the next morning down by the pool it again powered on, i shut it down and tried again and it again wouldnt power up.
I took it back to the room and left it in the fridge and did some google work i found a post about moisture in the camera which advised getting it powered on and then running the camera at 4k for as long as possible, when i took the camera out of the fridge it powered up once again so i hit record and plugged it into a mains supply and left it running, once i had filled the SDcard i formatted it and hit record again, once it had again filled the sd card i finally powered it down and left it to cool off.

Since then it has worked fine so im guessing it was a build up of moisture trapped inside from being in a humid country.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules