Mini 3 Pro - How to transfer the content to Mac
5598 22 2023-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

What are the possibilities to transfer the made video recordings and photos from the Mini 3 Pro to my MacBook Air ? Until now, I have always removed the memory card from the Mini 3 Pro and connected it to my MacBook Air via an adapter and transferred the content to my computer. But I have heard and read that it is possible to use other ways (Quick Transfer, Bluetooth, WiFi, WLAN) but do not know how and have not yet found out. About a clearly understandable instructions I would be very grateful.
2023-9-30
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

take the SD-card and stick it into the Mac, always the quickest way.
2023-9-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd stick with what you are currently doing, i.e. take the card out of the drone and put it in a reader attached to your computer.
Just don't forget to put the card back into the drone when you have finished moving the imagery to computer, forgetting can be 'rather' annoying, whoops! Been there, done that.
Aside from anything else if may well be the quickest method and it doesn't waste drone battery power.
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-30 23:07
I'd stick with what you are currently doing, i.e. take the card out of the drone and put it in a reader attached to your computer.
Just don't forget to put the card back into the drone when you have finished moving the imagery to computer, forgetting can be 'rather' annoying, whoops! Been there, done that.
Aside from anything else if may well be the quickest method and it doesn't waste drone battery power.

Yes, so far I find this also the fastest method but I would like to have a USB connection M3P to Mac or PC without turning on the drone and thus without this memory card change to be able to transfer the data. I do not know if this is now possible with the new M4P ? Would find that in any case very good.
2023-9-30
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

You can connect the drone to your MacBook with a USB-C cable, and the powered-on drone will then show up as an external drive in Finder.
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-30 23:36
Yes, so far I find this also the fastest method but I would like to have a USB connection M3P to Mac or PC without turning on the drone and thus without this memory card change to be able to transfer the data. I do not know if this is now possible with the new M4P ? Would find that in any case very good.

I have seen a post that made mention of a 'low power mode' in connection with one of the 'new' drones but I can't remember which drone it was. From memory the post showed it to be an option in one of the Fly App menus. If it was the mini 3 pro then it might be worth trying a download of imagery using the drone to read the card but I have no idea of the transfer rate.

However, I would ask, why would it be quicker than putting the card in a reader attached to the computer? They are presumably both USB connections.
If there is no 'low power mode' in the mini 3 pro then you would probably have to direct the draught from a fan over a powered up mini 3 pro that is 'reading' the card, otherwise it may overheat.

I also recollect seeing a video of the Mini 4 thing you mention and whilst it's a great idea I, personally, am wary of using a/the USB connection on the drone any more than is absolutely necessary but I have to admit that that is due to my considering the older style "micro USB" connections to be fragile, I do not know if the same worry is applicable to USB-C.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Mirek_62 Posted at 10-1 00:30
You can connect the drone to your MacBook with a USB-C cable, and the powered-on drone will then show up as an external drive in Finder.

Thanks, I thought I had done this before but now nothing shows up in the Finder BUT I tried again and now it worked but only after a long wait time 2 memories show up: Untitled (must be the drone memory) and my SD card which I have given a name. Could now access the recorded files on the SD card, however, the M3P is then warm to hot and also consumes energy from the battery. This seems to be better solved now with the Mini 4 Pro. No need to turn on the M4P and still I can transfer the data via USB cable to the computer, right ?

2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-1 01:03
I have seen a post that made mention of a 'low power mode' in connection with one of the 'new' drones but I can't remember which drone it was. From memory the post showed it to be an option in one of the Fly App menus. If it was the mini 3 pro then it might be worth trying a download of imagery using the drone to read the card but I have no idea of the transfer rate.

However, I would ask, why would it be quicker than putting the card in a reader attached to the computer? They are presumably both USB connections.

I can understand your concern about not using the USB port in the Mini 3 Pro too excessively to protect and preserve the port and contacts. But I am also unsure how reliable and stable these Mini 3 Pro USB contacts are. Must always be plugged in very precisely and with care, just to be on the safe side. Questionable whether this presence is always present in the heat of the moment ;-)

2023-10-1
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 01:29
I can understand your concern about not using the USB port in the Mini 3 Pro too excessively to protect and preserve the port and contacts. But I am also unsure how reliable and stable these Mini 3 Pro USB contacts are. Must always be plugged in very precisely and with care, just to be on the safe side. Questionable whether this presence is always present in the heat of the moment ;-)
This is one of the great updates in the Mini 4 Pro, no need to switch on the drone just plug in the usb c cable connect TV, PC, Tablet etc and it shows the files internal 2gb and also your microsd. Great new feature.

This is very fast and no need to remove the microsd from the Mini 4 Pro.
2023-10-1
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 10-1 06:37
This is one of the great updates in the Mini 4 Pro, no need to switch on the drone just plug in the usb c cable connect TV, PC, Tablet etc and it shows the files internal 2gb and also your microsd. Great new feature.

This is very fast and no need to remove the microsd from the Mini 4 Pro.

I'm just wondering if it's a HW thing or just a SW thing that can turn off other peripherals and not overheat the drone when it's not flying.
2023-10-1
Use props
Louis Riel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123563 ft

New Zealand

I have seen a post that made mention of a 'low power mode' in connection with one of the 'new' drones but I can't remember which drone it was. From memory the post showed it to be an option in one of the Fly App menus. If it was the mini 3 pro then it might be worth trying a download of imagery using the drone to read the card but I have no idea of the transfer rate.

My Mini 3 Pro/RC Controller has a Low Power setting for just that I'm told. Aircraft doesn't overheat while doing stuff connected via USB. Haven't tried it yet.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

It could be the USB-Modus that activates a power saving mode
USB Modus.png
2023-10-1
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Louis Riel Posted at 10-1 11:51
My Mini 3 Pro/RC Controller has a Low Power setting for just that I'm told. Aircraft doesn't overheat while doing stuff connected via USB. Haven't tried it yet.

No, the drone acts just like a memory stick. The drone does n't need to be switched on. It's a great new feature.

Unortunately its not the same on the RC2 you need to switch it on to access the files.
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 10-1 13:35
No, the drone acts just like a memory stick. The drone does n't need to be switched on. It's a great new feature.

Unortunately its not the same on the RC2 you need to switch it on to access the files.

Are you talking about the mini 4 pro? Louis Riel is talking about the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 12:46
It could be the USB-Modus that activates a power saving mode

2023-10-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Louis Riel Posted at 10-1 11:51

2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Space Dream. Yes, there is another way. You can transfer your media files to your MacBook by using a USB-C cable. You will need to turn on the drone to get recognized by your MacBook. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 10-1 20:25
Hi, Space Dream. Yes, there is another way. You can transfer your media files to your MacBook by using a USB-C cable. You will need to turn on the drone to get recognized by your MacBook. Have a great day ahead.

Yes so I have also done, but I have to wait a little until that is displayed on my Mac (takes an unexpectedly long time) and then the Mini 3 Pro is also switched on and becomes very warm to hot during longer data transfer ! This USB mode I have not yet tried and not understood. If I understand the written correctly, I get there only a data access to the internal Mini 3 Pro memory but not to the inserted memory card ? A detailed explanation of this function is welcome.

2023-10-2
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

That's what I always do with mine, shove the card into my Mac and download it all from there, the original source.
I can't see any other way that will make it quicker or easier, nor should I want another way because it's quick and easy as it is.

Cheers
2023-10-2
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Blackbuckone Posted at 10-2 08:11
That's what I always do with mine, shove the card into my Mac and download it all from there, the original source.
I can't see any other way that will make it quicker or easier, nor should I want another way because it's quick and easy as it is.

___
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-2 01:29
Yes so I have also done, but I have to wait a little until that is displayed on my Mac (takes an unexpectedly long time) and then the Mini 3 Pro is also switched on and becomes very warm to hot during longer data transfer ! This USB mode I have not yet tried and not understood. If I understand the written correctly, I get there only a data access to the internal Mini 3 Pro memory but not to the inserted memory card ? A detailed explanation of this function is welcome.

Hi Space Dream. You will have both access from internal memory and the SD card while it's inserted into the drone and the drone is connected to your MacBook.
2023-10-2
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony - I know that this is the case with a normal USB connection and M3P power on

But what exactly is this option USB switch on/off in the settings, I want to know ...
2023-10-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 10-2 22:44
DJI Tony - I know that this is the case with a normal USB connection and M3P power on

But what exactly is this option USB switch on/off in the settings, I want to know ...

It does say what this setting is for, it's to give access to the Mini 3 Pro internal 1.2gb memory of the drone when it is switched on.

Internal memory 1.2GB/1.2GB available
When activated and the aircraft is connected to a computer, you can only search and manage files in the internal memory of the aircraft. The aircraft deactivates image transmission and switches to energy-saving mode during prolonged use.
When the maximum capacity is reached, older files are automatically deleted.
2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules