DJI Mimo Osmo Mobile iPhone 15 Pro Max Zoom
4153 13 2023-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

Hi. I have the Osmo Mobile 4 and iPhone 15 Pro Max which have 5x Zoom BUT the DJI Mimo doesn't allow to do that. Only 0.5x, 1x and 2x, where is the 5x? Thanks
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the function supported by the DJI Mimo app depends on the APIs open to DJI Mimo and the performance of the phone camera. You can mount the phone to the gimbal, then use the local camera, and then you are able to use the 5X zoom ratio.
2023-10-3
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Ireland

Well, that I know, but, using the DJI Mimo I'm not able to do it. The zoom button at the gimbal only works inside the DJI Mimo. I wish to use some features of the DJI Mimo with the 5x Zoom as well.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CorkNomade Posted at 10-3 02:03
Well, that I know, but, using the DJI Mimo I'm not able to do it. The zoom button at the gimbal only works inside the DJI Mimo. I wish to use some features of the DJI Mimo with the 5x Zoom as well.

We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_jOMUdZYoU2DW
New

Singapore

Same issue for iPhone 15 plus. The zoom only goes to 0.5x and 1x. I cant see the 2x anymore.
2023-10-4
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

Yeah, looks like DJI Mimo have some bug with the new iPhones
2023-10-4
Use props
fans9cd2e2bc
New
United States

It makes sense that they need time to do the necessary updates for the new phones, but I also would like to make sure it’s in the pipeline!
2023-10-4
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

I did some tests yesterday and, it looks like the 2x on the DJI Mimo it's actually 5x lenses, but it shows 2x, which makes sense because my old iPhone 11 Pro was 0.5, 1x and 2x, which vary in lenses. I'm not sure if the app you can "tell" which phone are you using and then the "menu" will adapt to the iPhone, or if the app should detect the model itself and do the adjustments. Anyway, just one more clue to the developers.
2023-10-5
Use props
Eucrezio.it5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214678 ft
Italy

fans9cd2e2bc Posted at 10-4 13:43
It makes sense that they need time to do the necessary updates for the new phones, but I also would like to make sure it’s in the pipeline!

Yes... it make sense... however apps are usually updated before the latest iOS release... well on the Apple Store Osmo mobile 6 seems to be compatible with the iPhone 15 family (not on DJI site)
2023-10-5
Use props
MikeEvangelist
lvl.1

United States

Happy to report there was an update today to the Mimo app (at least on iOS) that fixes the zoom problem with the 15 Pro Max.
2023-10-26
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks MikeEvangelist. I'll check and give some feedback here.
2023-10-27
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

OK, small feedback. The only thing they did was change the written 2x to 5x. I hope they did something similar from the native app when you have 1x, 2x and 5x.
2023-10-27
Use props
MikeEvangelist
lvl.1

United States

CorkNomade Posted at 10-27 06:22
OK, small feedback. The only thing they did was change the written 2x to 5x. I hope they did something similar from the native app when you have 1x, 2x and 5x.

At least for me on the OM SE, the physical zoom switch was not working at all (with the 15 pro max) before the update. Now it works as expected.
2023-10-27
Use props
CorkNomade
lvl.1

Germany

MikeEvangelist Posted at 10-27 07:51
At least for me on the OM SE, the physical zoom switch was not working at all (with the 15 pro max) before the update. Now it works as expected.

The physical button has been working normally since I got it but the app behaviour it's weird, like, no one goes from 0.5 to 1x than 5x...  doesn't make sense. Then you need the screen, make the button useless.
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules