526 11 2023-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you need CPL Filters on a drone, camera or phone - Find out in this video review & Test of CPL ND FILTERS

2023-10-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Hitmax, Thank you for the video. I have been using CPL with ND filters when filming shiny surfaces, such as the ocean, rivers, water. Unfortunately some brands of CPL do not come with ND combined. I guess those can be used for photo , but for video they seem useless for day time filming. I have not watched your video yet as I am at work right now. Take care, Mike.
2023-10-4
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 10-4 09:40
Hi Hitmax, Thank you for the video. I have been using CPL with ND filters when filming shiny surfaces, such as the ocean, rivers, water. Unfortunately some brands of CPL do not come with ND combined. I guess those can be used for photo , but for video they seem useless for day time filming. I have not watched your video yet as I am at work right now. Take care, Mike.

Hi Mike - Thanks for dropping a line - these do make a difference but it may not be enough for you - I use to always use Polar Pro however I find the Freewell ones work just as good if not better and dont cost as much as the Polar Pro ones. I don't mind paying extra for better quality ones but if there is no difference then there is no point - take care cheers Hieth
2023-10-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 10-4 13:37
Hi Mike - Thanks for dropping a line - these do make a difference but it may not be enough for you - I use to always use Polar Pro however I find the Freewell ones work just as good if not better and dont cost as much as the Polar Pro ones. I don't mind paying extra for better quality ones but if there is no difference then there is no point - take care cheers Hieth

Got you, thank you Hieth.

Best Regards, Michael.
2023-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done Hieth.    Your video really points out the difference in using a CPL filter.  I tend to always use them when flying around water on bright days.  
2023-10-5
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 10:23
Very nicely done Hieth.    Your video really points out the difference in using a CPL filter.  I tend to always use them when flying around water on bright days.

Thanks buddy - I do the same in fact they stay on the drone and just come off if I am not near water which isn't that often !
2023-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 10-5 11:10
Thanks buddy - I do the same in fact they stay on the drone and just come off if I am not near water which isn't that often !

You're very welcome Hieth.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
2023-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2023-11-25
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you glad you likes it !
2023-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hitmax Posted at 11-25 11:39
Thank you glad you likes it !

My pleasure.
I still have to get some for my DSLR, but with all the various lenses that will get expensive quickly.
2023-11-25
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-25 11:44
My pleasure.
I still have to get some for my DSLR, but with all the various lenses that will get expensive quickly.

I know what you mean I have invested into these from H&Y they are adjustable https://amzn.to/46upefi
2023-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hitmax Posted at 11-25 11:48
I know what you mean I have invested into these from H&Y they are adjustable https://amzn.to/46upefi

Oh nice.
That does make it more interesting!
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules