Action 4 Going into Dusk
769 17 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

I took the Action out at a time I'd have to think twice about taking any video because the light was going. To gain extra light, I used 24fps on a tripod at 100 degree shutter. (At the end) I fixed ISO at 100/200 so it would be as good as it could be given the lighting. I also attached a gimbal onto the tripod and switch off in-camera stabilisation, so the camera self-levelled itself and was smooth if I moved the tripod around. In the end shots where the light went, the Action was brighter than what I was seeing!

The Action 4 always surprises me tbh.

2023-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive footage.    Looks like the OA4 works quite well in low light conditions.  
2023-10-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

It’s a really decent camera in itself. Just needs the same treatment as other cameras and the footage becomes really pleasant.

The other nice thing is that although it was a much bigger setup with a tripod, the settings are so much quicker and easier to access than on a DSLR and there’s always the option to very quickly take it off the tripod and go handheld.
2023-10-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It looks great
2023-10-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

Thanks Johansenfoto. I really like this camera a lot.
2023-10-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-6 10:33
Thanks Johansenfoto. I really like this camera a lot.

Me too.
Haha I still have some video clips from my first OA3 with wrong focus and they look terrible
2023-10-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

I know what you mean. When I went back to the 3, I could see instantly that it looked slightly ‘off’ with lack of detail and edge sharpening being ott.
2023-10-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

very impressive, keep the great work up.  when I am out I simply just shoot no more  gopro ugliness  of gran and jitters, night and day for sure   again enjoyed
2023-10-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

Thanks Fish. Since my heart operation, I’ve been able to get out and about a bit more so I’ve started experimenting more with my cameras. As far as the action cam goes, I’m looking for a ‘lazy’ option where I just need the camera and mini tripod to take shots, without the weight of my DSLRs and be able to mix footage together without it being too obvious.

The biggest giveaway is the depth of field, but avoid those kind of shots and it becomes harder to tell.
2023-10-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally hear ya    thanks for the Update  I rather have light weight and something small today then slug around a heavy weight
2023-10-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Nice!

(The post does not meet the required size. Current size: 5 bytes System limits: 10 to 100000 bytes)
2023-10-6
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Beautiful!  Hope to be able to achieve similar results with practice!
2023-10-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

skysailor64 Posted at 10-6 17:05
Beautiful!  Hope to be able to achieve similar results with practice!

Just a matter of taking care and being as steady as you can with the camera. I think action cams can make people much lazier in the way that they take video because there is so much automation available where the camera sorts everything out for you. It doesn’t necessarily make the best decisions for the kind of video look that you might want though.
2023-10-6
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Super results.  Time to order it
2023-10-7
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
Mexico

It really is a great camera Stevo. Even on auto, it’s capturing impressive stuff as I did. Insistently in the Summer while I was videoing footage for our local camera shop. I literally threw it around and let it do what it wanted to do.

Then treat it more seriously and take the trouble to set it up and it goes to another level if that’s what you want from it.
2023-10-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely done!
2023-11-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer