Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

Brand new unit P3 Pro.
Completed setup and configure.

I have manually fired up the motors.

The whole unit is wobbling like something is out of balance? I own other quads and none do this?

You can't see it clearly in the videos I think it might be wobbling at the same hertz the phone is filming but the thing looks like it has Parkinson's.

I'm too nervous to take off with it like this.

Does anyone else get wobbles when sitting stationary? Is this normal for a P3?
2015-9-3
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

here is a .rar of a video you can see it wobbling

Video.rar (418.26 KB, Down times: 19)
2015-9-3
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

video 2

Video (1).rar (749.32 KB, Down times: 6)
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

it just would be easier for you to upload to youtube and share the link. i believe you would get more involvement.
2015-9-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried other props, could be unbalanced.

Also, have you made sure the props went on level? is it all the props wobbling like this or just one?

if you point the tips of the props at each other, are they level?

Note: No need for the Parkinson's reference, I'm sure people know what "wobbling" means..
2015-9-3
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

When I start my motors and let it run for about 20 sec. then the motors are spining a little bit up, then a little wobbling, but not as much as yours. Then they slow a little down again, and then no wobbling. Dont know if its normal, og could be propellers unbalanced ?  But think its normal.

Are your motors spinning the same speed at all time ?
2015-9-3
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-4 14:04
Have you tried other props, could be unbalanced.

Also, have you made sure the props went on level?  ...

Yeah I've taken the props off and checked them for debris such as plastic wrapping etc... they appear fine and they appear to seat propery when putting them on
2015-9-3
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-9-4 14:08
When I my motors and let it run for about 20 sec. then the motors are spiining a little bit up, the  ...

Well "visually" the motors appears to be spinning the same time but I have no way of confirming that...

I might replace the props with the spare set that came with it and see what happens
2015-9-3
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

Uploaded to YouTube per your suggestion

2015-9-3
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

wow thats weird. ive only had this happen to me if i put it on an uneven surface.
2015-9-3
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I think you will be fine. There are lots of things to disturb the air under the quad. It makes strange buffering happenings. Take the thing up a few feet. Just be ready to react.
2015-9-4
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

axidify Posted at 2015-9-4 09:00
wow thats weird. ive only had this happen to me if i put it on an uneven surface.

damm , maybe you a right it could be because the surface is not level
2015-9-4
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

nicholas.goss Posted at 2015-9-4 08:57
Video 1

mine runs fine for the first 20 - 30 sec, then it speeds up very little for about 20 sec and then wobbling. Then it slows down again.

Try moving your phantom to another place, more level surface maybe and check if it is the same ?
2015-9-4
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

nicholas.goss Posted at 2015-9-4 08:57
Video 1

its the surface I think, just checked mine on another location. almost no wobbling.
2015-9-4
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-9-4 16:19
mine runs fine for the first 20 - 30 sec, then it speeds up very little for about 20 sec and then  ...

This is EXACTLY what mine is doing

It fires up and for the first 10 second or so it's fine, then it increases it's speed just slightly, but enoough to make it 'wobble'.. If I push it a bit to slide it every so clightly, the motor decelerates just a little bit and the wobble goes away...

Just like when your in a car and the car has an unbalanced wheel on it - you dont feel anything betwen 0 to 70 klm/h, but when you hit 80 klm/h you get a vibration up into your steering column...
2015-9-4
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

yep exatly. I always did this the same place, but after trying at the kitchen table it didnt spin up that mush, and less wobbling. Also, try it the same place you do the IMU calibration.
2015-9-4
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-9-4 16:33
its the surface I think, just checked mine on another location. almost no wobbling.

You guys are AWESOME.
Thanks heaps

Moved it to the floor in another room and no wobbles or vibrations at all.

Must have been blowing air back up into the props in an uneven manner from the stuff on that table.

You learn something new every day

2015-9-4
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

Perfect Have a nice weekend
2015-9-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

nicholas.goss Posted at 2015-9-4 18:02
You guys are AWESOME.
Thanks heaps

I figured that. "Ground effect" is a crazy thing....check this out. Imagine all of the items around your quad interrupting the flow of air under and up and the vortices that are all haphazard. Just fly that thing bro!!!
ground effect.JPG
2015-9-4
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It still doesn't sound right to me.  The sound is too shrill.  Mine sure doesn't sound that way at all.
2015-9-4
Use props
nicholas.goss
lvl.1

Australia

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-5 10:02
It still doesn't sound right to me.  The sound is too shrill.  Mine sure doesn't sound that way at a ...

I was inside not outside when I filmed that so the sound may have something to do with that.... It is a noisy beast tho
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules