Mini 4 Pro Micro SD card file clutter
1515 5 2023-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

The precious SD memory on board the drone is cluttered with and storage space taken up by .lrf and .srt files, none of which I find with the Mini 3 or Mini 2.
The .lrf files are lo-res copies of the hi-res footage which I have NO use for on the drone, never had.  An option to disable these files being stored would be nice, and if anybody knows why DJI want these files on my SD card while in flight I'd love to know.
The .srt files are written when 'subtitles' are enabled, but I can do this on my Mini 2 and view telemetry data afterwards in VLC without .srt files accompanying the video files.  I thought it might be that the Mini 4 Pro was shooting H.265 codec by default and the Mini 2 H.264 but the 4 Pro keep recording .srt files when 'record subtitles' is enabled even when set to H.264.  
So a question for the video boffins out there:  What wonderful tech does the Mini 2 use to enable the option of viewing subtitles/flight telemetry on the video WITHOUT cluttering storage with .srt files?  

I am enjoying the extra tech on the Mini 4 Pro, coming from Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and Mini 3.

I did find that the extra processing power needed for obstacle avoidance and other luxuries cause screen lag on my Ulefone Armor Pad tablet which I dedicated to drone flying with the RC N-1 and RC N-2.  Screen lag becomes so bad that the screen become unuseable so I'm back to flying with the Redmi Note 10 pro phone.  The Ulefone Armor Pad works fine with the Mini, Mini 2 and Mini 3 but does not handle the 4 Pro unfortunately, and I have tried everything possible to free up memory and processing power for the Fly app.
Happy and safe flying to all.
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 does not support a video caption function therefore there will be no generated .SRT file on the said unit. On the other hand, the DJI Mini 4 Pro does support generating the .SRT and .LRF files. You may choose to turn this on and off this function by going to DJI Fly > Select video mode > General Settings (3dots) > Camera > Video Subtitles to turn this on and off. Please note that .LRF suffix files cannot be turned off and can only be deleted manually. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-10-17
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 22:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 2 does not support a video caption function therefore there will be no generated .SRT file on the said unit. On the other hand, the DJI Mini 4 Pro does support generating the .SRT and .LRF files. You may choose to turn this on and off this function by going to DJI Fly > Select video mode > General Settings (3dots) > Camera > Video Subtitles to turn this on and off. Please note that .LRF suffix files cannot be turned off and can only be deleted manually. Hope this helps. Thank you.

I appreciate your reply.  The attached screenshot is of .mp4 video captured with a Mini 2 with 'subtitles on', viewed in VLC media player with subtitles enabled.  The video file is not accompanied by a .srt file.  The Mini 2, unlike the Mini 4 Pro embeds the subtitle info in the video file.  Subtitles can then be switched on or off in VLC media player.

2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mynah Posted at 10-18 00:43
I appreciate your reply.  The attached screenshot is of .mp4 video captured with a Mini 2 with 'subtitles on', viewed in VLC media player with subtitles enabled.  The video file is not accompanied by a .srt file.  The Mini 2, unlike the Mini 4 Pro embeds the subtitle info in the video file.  Subtitles can then be switched on or off in VLC media player.

[view_image]

As mentioned above, the DJI Mini2  does not support a video caption function (no generated SRT file) therefore, subtitles are embedded in the videos, and there is no separate SRT file. The video subtitle information includes aperture, shutter, ISO, EV, GPS coordinates, aircraft's current distance from the Home Point, aircraft's current height relative to the takeoff point, horizontal speed, and vertical speed. We will gather this feedback of yours about the DJI Mini 4 Pro and coordinate it with our relevant team. Thank you.
2023-10-19
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 21:08
As mentioned above, the DJI Mini2  does not support a video caption function (no generated SRT file) therefore, subtitles are embedded in the videos, and there is no separate SRT file. The video subtitle information includes aperture, shutter, ISO, EV, GPS coordinates, aircraft's current distance from the Home Point, aircraft's current height relative to the takeoff point, horizontal speed, and vertical speed. We will gather this feedback of yours about the DJI Mini 4 Pro and coordinate it with our relevant team. Thank you.

Embedding subtitles to the video file is better. I don't understand why did you changed that for the Mini 4 Pro. Maybe add an option to choose between embedded subtitles or separate subtitle files.
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Kopanz Posted at 10-20 11:16
Embedding subtitles to the video file is better. I don't understand why did you changed that for the Mini 4 Pro. Maybe add an option to choose between embedded subtitles or separate subtitle files.

Hi there. Thank you for joining this thread. We will surely coordinate this request to our team. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules