P3P + Gaems M-155 Performance Gaming Monitor
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I posted earlier hinting at a possible monitor solution to use with the P3 in the field. Although this is not what I intend to use the monitor for all the time, I am definetly going to have this setup for clients to see the live feed in the future.

What I have come up with is a 15.5" HD 720p W-LED, USB powered monitor using a 20000mAh power bank to provide power in the field. I alos founf a tripod mount that the monitor easily fits into.
Although I have not yet tested it in the field, initual results are good. The screen has a resolution of 1366 x 768, has a viewing angle of 40/40/15/30 and controlls fro the brightness,contrast and saturation as well as a few colour modes. Also its only weighs 1.7lbs ( 0.8KG ).

The image quality was very good. In testing I did get some image "blocking" but think this is sue to there not being too much lght in the room. Im sure the results in the field will be different. But regardless of this, the quality as a large viewing screen was very good.

I expect the powerbank to last a good two or three hours running the monitor. The Powerbank does take about 10 hours to charge though.

Parts used:
Gaems M-155 Performance Gaming Monitor ( UK £149.99 - US $166.55 )
VINSIC 20000mAh Ultra-slim Power Bank ( UK £29.90 - US $49.90 )
ChargerCity HDX2 Tablet Tripod Adapter ( UK £19.95 - US $24.95 )

When I tested it, there was almost ZERO latency between what you see on the iPad and what is on the LCD Monitor.

I will have further info once I get to test it in the field, but for now here are some screenshots of it and the accessories.

The Power bank:
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
18.jpg

Gaems M-155
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Connected up:
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

Buy allyour P3 goodies direct from DJI
Spare Batteries - Charging HubCarbonPropsHDMI Module
Hardshell BackpackProp GuardsNDFilters

2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

it looks great, i ll be getting the same setup. did u have to rig anything special for the tripod to fit the monitor? and i assume the monitor doesnt have a battery pack, hence the power bank, right? and one other question, is the monitor screen matt finish?
thx
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-4 22:24
it looks great, i ll be getting the same setup. did u have to rig anything special for the tripod to ...

The screen fits into the ChargerCity HDX2 mount nicely that in turn has a standard tripod mount screw hole.
No battery on the monitor. It runs from the Power bank

Screen is not matt, its shiny.. Although it is a bright screen.. Will give you a better update once I test it outside.
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-5 05:32
The screen fits into the ChargerCity HDX2 mount nicely that in turn has a standard tripod mount sc ...

ok sounds good thanks
2015-9-4
Use props
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

very nice setup, thinking of doing the same, is there some kind of sunshade for this monitor? Waiting for your outside test
2015-9-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did a quick test to day.. I think its a million times better than what you can photograph the thing.. Although thee is some reflection, its not as bad as it seems in the photos video. I think as a customer viewing monitor it will do the job just fine.
The portable battery use about 8% charge to do a 15 minute flight so that's about 3 hours from the power bank if I did all flights as 15 minutes.

Here are a couple of videos I attempted to take on my phone.

Also here are some pictures. Trust me, you could see the screen/image fine with the naked eye.
IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
2015-9-5
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1158586 ft
United States

Just so I understand how you have this hooked up,  the large USB plug goes into your mobile device, Ipad, Iphone, etc.  The smaller plug in the back of the controller is HDMI?  Is that what you're plugging into the monitor?
Disregard!  I found my own answer.  HDMI output controller for the Phantom 3
2015-9-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

info Posted at 2015-9-6 00:35
Just so I understand how you have this hooked up,  the large USB plug goes into your mobile device,  ...

Yeah, the big connector on the monitor is the HDMI cable that goes to the HDMI module on the P3 controller. The other plug on the monitor is the USB power cable that goes to the power bank.
2015-9-5
Use props
littlejohn
lvl.1

Italy

Thanks for your review sploodge, it's a great setup. I think this monitor is better than the "squared" lilliput but for me it's  too dark under direct sunlight.....anyway i am ordering it    
2015-9-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

My studio camera uses a progressive scan digital back that has to dump files down to a computer. For field use, I got tired of dead lap top batteries and started using my Honda generator for power. It's quiet and more cost effective than purchasing power banks which have to be charged, all the while losing capacity with each charge.

The Honda EU2000i is quiet enough to carry on a conversation with the generator in between you and the person you're having the conversation with.
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

good setup, do you prefer this setup (for personal use, not for an onlooker) or goggles? the reason i ask is i want something lag free, i ll be using it mainly for me but can also use it for an onlooker. goggles have to be taken off to look at the device, cables sticking out of my head, lag, etc.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules