921 13 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all. I’ve discovered I can’t import content to my iPhone using the official Apple SD card reader. Works with all my other DJI drones. I’ve tested a few different size SD cards in both the 4 pro and my other drones and narrowed it down to the 4 pro being the issue. Anyone else able to test this out to confirm this?
@dji we could do with this sorting out as transferring content via wifi isn’t always best. Especially when I have large volumes of content that mean the drone has to sit idle for some time. Using the SD reader is way faster. An alternative option would be to allow USB to lightning so I can connect direct to the drone and use the fly app to pull content off it.
2023-10-23
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here. I already ordered a new SD card and cardreader - nothing.
But you can found the cardreader as a drive in the document app on your Iphone and you can transfer the pictures/videos to your picture app.
2023-10-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah if you open files you can view the content of the card but I need the photos app to do the full import. The workaround has been to use files but it’s not as efficient having to save each video/photo to the camera roll. I wonder if there’s something broken in the standard DCIM structure that causes the photos app to not see any content. Hopefully it would be a real quick fix for DJI.
2023-10-23
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

It flat out doesn't work.
I've tried a drawer full of USB-C Card readers and none work with these drone files and my Iphone 15 Pro Max.

2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. You may refer to the link below on how to transfer files from your aircraft to your external device. Thank you for your understanding.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
2023-10-23
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 21:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. You may refer to the link below on how to transfer files from your aircraft to your external device. Thank you for your understanding.

https://repair.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006743&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper

Your method is simply a waste of time!
The files should be recognized by any SD Card Reader.
Don't know what the problem is but a good explanation as to why it only effects DJI files would help!
2023-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 10-23 12:01
It flat out doesn't work.
I've tried a drawer full of USB-C Card readers and none work with these drone files and my Iphone 15 Pro Max.

The Kiwibird sg-018B  reader works just fine on the 15 Pro Max if you know how to use it.
2023-10-25
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 08:17
The Kiwibird sg-018B  reader works just fine on the 15 Pro Max if you know how to use it.

That is a UK only product as far as I can tell.
2023-10-25
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 08:17
The Kiwibird sg-018B  reader works just fine on the 15 Pro Max if you know how to use it.

Does it allow sync direct with the photos app or do you have to use their app to transfer the content then add to photos? If so that’s not much different to using the Files app to import each file into photos.
2023-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 10-25 12:12
Does it allow sync direct with the photos app or do you have to use their app to transfer the content then add to photos? If so that’s not much different to using the Files app to import each file into photos.

No software is needed,  it's natively recognised.  
2023-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 10-25 10:56
That is a UK only product as far as I can tell.

I picked mine up in a market in Singapore so I doubt that,  but there are plenty of others that work,  the I-FlashDeviceHD works fine and has USB C as well as USB A and Lightening to its very handy,   and even the USB-A readers I have work with a USBC adapter like Sandisk microsd m2 reader.  They just run slower.  
2023-10-25
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-25 21:45
No software is needed,  it's natively recognised.

Cool, does it allow direct import into photos like the official Apple SD reader does?
2023-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 10-25 23:02
Cool, does it allow direct import into photos like the official Apple SD reader does?

Yes,  any SD reader can be used to direct import but if you have a lot of files on the SD card it can take a few moments to find and thumbnail all the files.
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TP-FPV Posted at 10-24 04:55
Your method is simply a waste of time!
The files should be recognized by any SD Card Reader.
Don't know what the problem is but a good explanation as to why it only effects DJI files would help!

We appreciate your response. Rest assured that this will be forward to the designated team for clarification. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules