RC2 Crashed While Flying
453 3 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 532946 ft
Canada

I just had a freak out with my DJI Mini 4 Pro.
I was shooting a Timelapse and in the meantime I opened the map full screen on the RC2, I changed the orientation to North, then locked it again and an instant later the screen turned black!

The battery lights were still on but the screen blacked out and was not responding.
I toggled the "C N S", pressed the on/off button, nothing for a few seconds.
Then it turned back on like if the app had crashed and restarted after a little, it resumed like nothing happened and it was still executing the timelapse.

I was able to RTH normally and didn't notice anything abnormal afterwards.

This is a scary situation that makes me afraid of using the drone again.
Please advise on what the best way to avoid a situation like this is or what to do in case this happens.

I'm assuming there are fail safes built in the system.

Thank you

A few techincal info:
- The firmware is updated to the lastest from Sept 25, 2023 for both RC2 and Mini 4 Pro.
- Controller Battery was around 65%
- Drone Battery around 50% (standard battery)
- GPS at least 20 satellites.
- Ambient temperature around 4C
- Wind around 10m/s

2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I have sent you a PM regarding the needed information for us to further isolate the issue that you are experiencing. Please provide us with those information for further assistance. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 532946 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 21:22
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I have sent you a PM regarding the needed information for us to further isolate the issue that you are experiencing. Please provide us with those information for further assistance. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.

Hello Paladin,
thanks for you reply, I send you all the info via DM.
Cheers
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_QLsoQlTK05TK Posted at 10-24 17:15
Hello Paladin,
thanks for you reply, I send you all the info via DM.
Cheers

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate the information you provide to the relevant team for further investigation. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules