868 6 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marciano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8748281 ft
Uruguay

Working from the app.
WP1 Heading is set to Follow Course ('Aircraft heading follows course direction'). This means WP1 to WP2 course the aircraft always heads to WP2?

WP2 Heading is set to Manual ('Applies to flight from previous to current waypoint')
How can that be understood?

What I really want is to go straight from WP1 to WP2 and the take control of the heading to WP3.
Thanks

2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can select the heading to Follow Course, POI, Custom, or Manual when setting your waypoints in the DJI Fly app.

Custom: Drag the bar to change the orientation angle, and preview the orientation of the corner mark in the map.
Manual: You can manually adjust the heading during the flight. In this mode, the orientation of the aircraft nose is under your control.

Please note that arc/straight-line settings is not supported. For more information about Waypoints in DJI Fly app, you may click this link https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper . Feel free to contact us if there is any misunderstanding or if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2023-10-23
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Uruguay

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 19:51
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can select the heading to Follow Course, POI, Custom, or Manual when setting your waypoints in the DJI Fly app.

Custom: Drag the bar to change the orientation angle, and preview the orientation of the corner mark in the map.

Hi,
You are not answering my question and concern. Read the post carefully please.

2023-10-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Why don't you go out and try it? That is the best way to learn.
2023-10-24
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Uruguay

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-24 07:07
Why don't you go out and try it? That is the best way to learn.

When I have studied scientific subjects I have had the theoretical part and THEN the practical part.
Here, the theoretical part is what the user manual say.

Except for special circumstances the tests should be done by DJI personnel and added to the manuals or its appendix so that all users have access to the information.
Here you see that they just copy and paste what is in the user manual.

If I wrote here it is because due to certain circumstances I could not make any flights and I wanted to get ahead of a planning.

My tests: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/heading-change-between-2-waypoints.141786/#post-1597139
2023-10-26
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Uruguay

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-26 16:38
Follow Course -  Camera will face the direction of flight.
POI - Camera will track selected POI.
Custom - Allows you to set the camera direction/heading with the slider.

Hi,
"Something to understand about how the drone transitions headings/tilt between points.  At Point 1 the heading/tilt will begin at the set position(s).  When the drone arrives at Point 2, the heading/tilt will be at the set position(s) for Point 2."This is not true in all cases.
See my link with tests I added to my previous post.

2023-10-29
Use props
marciano
lvl.4
Uruguay

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-29 19:10
What I gather from your thread on the Napoleon Tyrant drone site is you want to create a mixed mission where you have some waypoints set to programmed headings but, for a portion of the mission at least, you want to take manual control of pan & tilt.  Am I correct?  Have you tried this to see if you can mix & match programmed headings with manual control?  Does it work?

I don't know if it works with Fly but Litchi has a pretty cool feature that allows you to create a virtual cable-cam..  If you create a mission & set the speed to 0, you can run forward/backward through the route with the right stick, controlling the camera pan with the left stick & tilt with the gimbal wheel.  You can pause the flight path at any point by releasing the right stick.  Pretty cool & can be useful in certain circumstances.

Hi,
My mission have mixed heading/tilt settings.  I tested them in the air and the results were those I already posted.
In my first post I quouted what the app warns in some changes.
It is not possible to use Litchi with Mavic3 series because there's no public SDK from DJI.
It is a very useful program I used with Phantom 3 and 4 since 2016. It is possible to plan from your desktop computer.

Before of that I used an app called FPV Camera (iOS only) I also loved but it was discontinued  some years ago.
Ironically I also used DJI Ground Station Pro with P3 and P4 I cannot use anymore with those cheap serie.

2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules