589 26 2023-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello everyone,
I juste wanted to share some beautiful images shot during a hike in the Ubaye valley for 4 days.

https://youtu.be/kBYbAtb6_6I?si=L8nDnjh8c6Ds_2cQ

Drone shots were done with the "old" Mavic 2 pro. Ground shots are shot on a BMPCC4K. Everything is graded in ACES and exported in true 4K HDR, so a HDR display is advised to fully enjoy the content !

I now got the Mini 4 Pro and Action 4, so I'm excited to show you the footage of our next hike ! (Yet to come...)

I hope you'll enjoy !
2023-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some stunning landscapes,  nicely captured.  
2023-10-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Formidable. Un joli coin de l'Hexagon (et une partie de l'Italie) que je connais pas du tout.  Chapeau!
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 03:46
Some stunning landscapes,  nicely captured.

Thank you very much !
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Blériot53 Posted at 10-24 04:08
Formidable. Un joli coin de l'Hexagon (et une partie de l'Italie) que je connais pas du tout.  Chapeau!

Merci beaucoup !
Nous non plus nous ne connaissions pas avant cette randonnée et c’est vraiment magnifique !
A découvrir absolument !
2023-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Girwet Posted at 10-24 04:56
Thank you very much !

Its my pleasure.     
2023-10-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Girwet Posted at 10-24 04:58
Merci beaucoup !
Nous non plus nous ne connaissions pas avant cette randonnée et c’est vraiment magnifique !
A découvrir absolument !

Hélas je n'habite plus en France. En plus, nous sommes un peu trop agés pour ce genre d'activité  
2023-10-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderfully Documented Trip.
2023-10-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That Old Mavic 2 Pro did a great job. I love mine.
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-24 05:40
That Old Mavic 2 Pro did a great job. I love mine.

Thank you very much !
Absolutely, the M2P is still a wonderful drone but as a new Mini 4 Pro owner, I have to say that I was baffled by this small machine performance image-wise.
I hope that I will soon be able to share some hiking videos shot with this little monster !
2023-10-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-24 06:52
Thank you very much !
Absolutely, the M2P is still a wonderful drone but as a new Mini 4 Pro owner, I have to say that I was baffled by this small machine performance image-wise.
I hope that I will soon be able to share some hiking videos shot with this little monster !

It has to be great for Backpackng. Still have the mini 2. Can't monetarilly justify the move yet.
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-24 07:41
It has to be great for Backpackng. Still have the mini 2. Can't monetarilly justify the move yet.

Yes it sure is ! It’s more than two times lighter than the MP2, with features as good if not better. Even the image quality is better (I was definitely not expecting it !).
The only « issue » is the fixed aperture, compared to the MP2 variable one. But I can deal with it.
I didn’t buy a mini before the 4, because I feared I would loose to much image quality and I’m glad I waited ! And as it is my job, I see the need to buy differently.
2023-10-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-24 07:51
Yes it sure is ! It’s more than two times lighter than the MP2, with features as good if not better. Even the image quality is better (I was definitely not expecting it !).
The only « issue » is the fixed aperture, compared to the MP2 variable one. But I can deal with it.
I didn’t buy a mini before the 4, because I feared I would loose to much image quality and I’m glad I waited ! And as it is my job, I see the need to buy differently.

I would love to get one. I have 4 drones now and While the new features a great to have they are not must haves for me yet. I am not thrilled about the freedoms we are giving up like SDK. Eventually I will have to switch.
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-24 07:54
I would love to get one. I have 4 drones now and While the new features a great to have they are not must haves for me yet. I am not thrilled about the freedoms we are giving up like SDK. Eventually I will have to switch.

Yes it’s a great drone for the weight but still an entry level one for DJI so we must sacrifice some features found on higher-level drones. But to me, the weight to performance ratio for hiking is unbeatable !
That doesn’t mean I will always use it instead of the MP2 for my paid jobs.
Time will tell !
2023-10-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-24 08:20
Yes it’s a great drone for the weight but still an entry level one for DJI so we must sacrifice some features found on higher-level drones. But to me, the weight to performance ratio for hiking is unbeatable !
That doesn’t mean I will always use it instead of the MP2 for my paid jobs.
Time will tell !

I am waiting to see what the Air 3S brings.
2023-10-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent footage!    What an awesome place for a hike.  
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-24 10:05
Magnificent footage!    What an awesome place for a hike.

Thank you so much !
Indeed it is !
2023-10-24
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-24 09:48
I am waiting to see what the Air 3S brings.

Oh yes ! With the number of major releases DJI had this year, I’m not sure how long we will wait for the next one !
2023-10-24
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

Definitely gotta say, those French Alps are a real sight for sore eyes, y'all!
2023-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-24 11:28
Thank you so much !
Indeed it is !

You're very welcome.    I'm guessing the scenery really changes in the location over the winter time.
2023-10-25
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-25 09:45
You're very welcome.    I'm guessing the scenery really changes in the location over the winter time.

It sure does ! I hope I‘ll be able to shoot some videos during ski touring this winter. It should be so great !
I tried a few years ago but it was too difficult with a proper camera and a Mavic 2 Pro.
Next time, it will be a Mini 4 Pro, Action 4 and Osmo Pocket 3 ! Much lighter, fast to use and great image-wise.
2023-10-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-25 10:53
It sure does ! I hope I‘ll be able to shoot some videos during ski touring this winter. It should be so great !
I tried a few years ago but it was too difficult with a proper camera and a Mavic 2 Pro.
Next time, it will be a Mini 4 Pro, Action 4 and Osmo Pocket 3 ! Much lighter, fast to use and great image-wise.

Sounds like a great plan.  I just picked up the Pocket 3 about 2 hours ago from BestBuy.  I've got it charging up now and hope to get it activated and set up soon.
2023-10-25
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-25 16:49
Sounds like a great plan.  I just picked up the Pocket 3 about 2 hours ago from BestBuy.  I've got it charging up now and hope to get it activated and set up soon.

Nice !
Keep me posted on your first impressions !
2023-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Girwet Posted at 10-26 01:12
Nice !
Keep me posted on your first impressions !

First impressions are really great.  It feels much more solid in your hand than the P1 or P2.  Battery life seems to be really awesome and it is feature packed compared to the first two iterations.  Once the rain lets up I'm going to try and get a couple of videos done.  My only minor complaint is that it keeps nagging me to reset the wifi when I need to contact to Mimo App.  I might uninstall the App and try a clean install.  My last resort would be to factory restart the OP3.  It's weird because it connected easily out of the box and the activation was fast and I purchased Care Refresh at that time without any issue.  Afterwards, I charged up the batter and wanted to check if a firmware update was available.  That's when I got my first nag to reset wifi.  Easy to reset but I don't that should be the norm.  I'll keep at troubleshooting it.  
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely video!
2023-12-7
Use props
Girwet
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Thank you !
Hopefully, others will follow during the winter (ski touring) !
I've a Mini 4 Pro, an Action 4 and a Pocket 3 to test ! ;)

So far, it's pretty good !
2023-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Girwet Posted at 12-7 02:30
Thank you !
Hopefully, others will follow during the winter (ski touring) !
I've a Mini 4 Pro, an Action 4 and a Pocket 3 to test ! ;)

You're welcome!
No skiing where I live
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules