New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
123456Next >
43938 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2024.01.31
  • Firmware Version: v01.03.05.02
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.6
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.4
  • DJI Mic 2 Transmitter Firmware Version: v04.03.08.31

What’s New
  • Added cancel recording function. Users can press and hold the Shutter/Record button to cancel during recording. The footage will not be stored after cancelling, saving storage space. (This function is not available in Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Webcam Mode.)
  • Added auto-power-off function for DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. When a transmitter is not connected to a device and is not recording independently for more than 15 minutes, the transmitter will automatically power off. When the transmitter is connected to the camera, tap settings > Wireless Mic > Auto Power Off to enable the function. (The firmware of transmitter should be v04.03.08.31.)
  • Optimized the recording gain for DJI Mic 2 transmitter and recording volume performance.
  • Added support for setting the audio channel in the Built-in Mic Audio Backup function. The channel parameters will be set the same as they are for the camera audio.
  • Optimized the controlling function for the 5D joystick in selfie mode. When taking a selfie, the panning direction of the camera is the same as the direction of movement of the 5D joystick.
  • Optimized the automatic recovery logic of the gimbal when exiting Transfer File/OTG Connection mode.
  • Optimized DJI Mic 2 transmitter performance and connection stability during livestreams.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
1. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
  • Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).
  • Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.
  • Place the downloaded firmware update package .bin file under the root directory for the transmitter.
  • The transmitter firmware updates will start automatically after disconnecting the transmitter from the computer. During the transmitter updating process, the system status LED will flash red and green. After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.

2. If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • Restart Osmo Pocket 3 and DJI Mimo.
  • Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • Connect Osmo Pocket 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview
  • Date: 2023.11.29
  • Firmware Version: V 01.02.06.04
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2
  • Osmo Pocket 3 Battery Handle Firmware Version: v13.02.02.29
  • DJI Mic 2 Transmitter Firmware Version: v04.02.01.13

What's New
  • Added D-Log M (10 bit) and HLG (10 bit) mode when shooting in slow motion. This allows the user to capture scenes in greater detail, giving more flexibility in post-production. (Only available for 120fps.)
  • Added Built-in Mic Audio Backup function in Settings. When enabled, the camera will record audio through the built-in microphone and save it as a separate in .wav format audio file, which can be used to pick up environment sound when connected to a DJI Mic 2 transmitter or an external microphone. (This function is not available for low-light mode at 4K 30/25fps or slow motion at 4K 4x (120fps) D-Log M/HLG.)
  • Added support for recording 1080P 50/60fps video in webcam mode. When in webcam mode, swipe up to set the frame rate. Users can set the camera output frame rate to 25 or 30fps and change the PAL/NTSC format of the recorded video on the computer.
  • Added support for Selfie Flip in timelapse shooting mode.
  • Added auto-power-off function. When a transmitter is not connected to a device and is not recording independently for more than 15 minutes, the transmitter will automatically power off.
  • Optimized DJI Mic 2 transmitter performance and connection stability.
  • Added 2.35:1 Guides (reference lines) in Settings.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
1. Connect the battery handle to the Osmo Pocket 3 to update the firmware. The battery handle will be automatically updated to the latest version of the firmware.

2. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
  • Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-pocket-3/downloads).
  • Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.
  • Place the downloaded firmware update package .bin file under the root directory for the transmitter.
  • The transmitter firmware updates will start automatically after disconnecting the transmitter from the computer. During the transmitter updating process, the system status LED will flash red and green. After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.

3. If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • Restart Osmo Pocket 3 and DJI Mimo.
  • Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • Connect Osmo Pocket 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview

• Date: 2023.11.13
  • Firmware Version: v01.01.08.70
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.2
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What's New
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
  • If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
          1. Restart Osmo Pocket 3 and DJI Mimo.
          2. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
          3. Connect Osmo Pocket 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Overview

• Date: 2023.10.25
  • Firmware Version: 01.01.08.50
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.0
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.0

What’s New
  • Added Image Adjustment. Sharpness and Noise Reduction level can be customized in Video, Slow Motion, and Hyperlapse modes (0 is default, -2 is lowest).
  • Added Screen Rotate & Capture. When enabled, shooting will be started as soon as the touchscreen has been rotated clockwise to power on the camera. After shooting, the camera will automatically power off if left idle for two seconds.
  • Added Low-Light shooting mode, helping improve image quality and reduce noise in low-light environments.
  • Optimized image quality and enhanced color performance.
  • Optimized the skin tone performance in multiple scenes.
  • Optimized accuracy and stability for auto-focus in multiple scenes.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
  • If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
            1. Restart Osmo Pocket 3 and DJI Mimo.
            2. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
            3. Connect Osmo Pocket 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

2023-10-26
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Unusually well prepared launching firmware for a DJI.
2023-10-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Not asking a friend I got slammed by Hallmark007 for posting the truth, so let me ask DJI that will  tell me

Does the streen DIMM down exactly like the OA4 if so  I want to know  thanks
2023-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice update.  
2023-10-27
Use props
Canonian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Is the font smaller now with the update?

It seems to me that before this update the text was bigger...
2023-10-27
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still can’t set manual shutter speed greater than 1 second on Timelapse mode.   

Pretty good update though.
2023-10-27
Use props
Dieter_Wilke
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Just a new update (my 3rd since Thursday): V01.01.850
2023-10-28
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DjI, will there be a firmware update soon to fix the issue where panning locks when the joystick is used in tilt-lock mode?
2023-10-29
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Please fix the overheating issue, I will probably return my OP3 if it's not fixed quickly enough.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Canonian Posted at 10-27 09:19

Hi, Canonian. Thank you for reaching out. The font size did not change in the recent firmware update.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dronethemoment Posted at 10-27 09:31
Still can’t set manual shutter speed greater than 1 second on Timelapse mode.   

Pretty good update though.

Hi, dronethemoment. Thank you for reaching out. This is normal, please check the specs as a reference:

Hope this helps. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PG73 Posted at 10-29 04:33
DjI, will there be a firmware update soon to fix the issue where panning locks when the joystick is used in tilt-lock mode?

Hi, PG73. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm if you are unable to control the pan? Would you please provide us with a video showing the operation and issue? Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 11:41
Please fix the overheating issue, I will probably return my OP3 if it's not fixed quickly enough.

Hi, hehe2. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The Osmo Pocket 3 mainly dissipates heat around the gimbal, as the gimbal shell is made of metal. After prolonged recording, the temperature of the gimbal shell may exceed 50℃. Though the handle is made of PVC, the temperature increases the closer it is to the gimbal. When recording for a long time, it is recommended to attach the handle with 1/4″ thread and hold the device near the lower end of the handle. DO NOT cover or touch the heat dissipation area of Osmo Pocket 3 as it may become hot during use.
2023-10-30
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 07:22
Hi, PG73. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm if you are unable to control the pan? Would you please provide us with a video showing the operation and issue? Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Hi, I have been in contact with support today and they should be getting back to me, I've mentioned on other threads how to replicate the issue, anyone with a Pocket 3 should be able to replicate this so I think it's affecting all devices and requires a software update.
2023-10-30
Use props
Canonian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 03:30
Hi, Canonian. Thank you for reaching out. The font size did not change in the recent firmware update.

Well DJI Gamora, I wouldn't say

It seems to me that someone did not pass that information on to support.

Cheers.

2023-10-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 10-27 03:20
Not asking a friend I got slammed by Hallmark007 for posting the truth, so let me ask DJI that will  tell me

Just a suggestion. Maybe have a quick look at exactly what you wrote. Trying to understand what your asking or suggesting is super confusing.
2023-10-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Visual Air Posted at 10-30 18:00
Just a suggestion. Maybe have a quick look at exactly what you wrote. Trying to understand what your asking or suggesting is super confusing.

thank you for that suggestion.
2023-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Canonian Posted at 10-27 09:19

Yes, I noticed the smaller font after the FW update also.  
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_KTMtRksomnrc
lvl.1

Indonesia

Can not connect Mimo app or camera  on my Samsung a50s smartphone. Why not.
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KTMtRksomnrc Posted at 10-31 17:42
Can not connect Mimo app or camera  on my Samsung a50s smartphone. Why not.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience.  Are you getting an error? Can you elaborate on whats happening when trying to connect it?
2023-10-31
Use props
fans6512c8e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10115 ft
Italy

I'd like to suggest a couple improvements for next firmware release.
1. Adding a customizable smoothing option for the joystick movements. The current joystick movements (and zoom) are too harsh, they are very noticeable when used.
2. There is a slight focus breathing especially when using showcase mode. It would be cool to have an option for digital correction of the effect (like the Sony A74 does).
2023-11-4
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

Does the Pocket 3 have buzzing audio when an external mic is connected?
2023-11-5
Use props
daveypoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Soooo many jerky studders with this current gimbal firmware. At first I thought they were dropped frames, nope.....It happens when holding the gimbal steady with NO movement. Also, when holding steady, the gimbal has constant movement. We need a firmware as the video is impacted especially when panning no matter how slow you do it.  Lets gat a firmware update asap as I also see it in the many reviews online too! Thanks!
2023-11-5
Use props
fansbb981eaf
lvl.1

Germany

Die Pausenfunktion, die die Aufnahme kurzzeitig pausieren lässt, wäre mein größter Wunsch.
Der Pocket 2 hatte es ja auch.
2023-11-5
Use props
iagoab
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, with the new update this icon appears next to the one that indicates the remaining battery. what does it mean?
Thanks!
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

iagoab Posted at 11-5 14:55
Hello, with the new update this icon appears next to the one that indicates the remaining battery. what does it mean?
Thanks!
[view_image]

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The icon indicates you are currently shooting horizontally. It will change if you switch the shooting mode to vertical. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans6512c8e0 Posted at 11-4 13:46
1. Adding a customizable smoothing option for the joystick movements. The current joystick movements (and zoom) are too harsh, they are very noticeable when used.
2. There is a slight focus breathing especially when using showcase mode. It would be cool to have an option for digital correction of the effect (like the Sony A74 does).

Hi, fans6512c8e0. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 11-5 06:37
Does the Pocket 3 have buzzing audio when an external mic is connected?

Hi, StefanDjiMini2. Thank you for reaching out. The Pocket 3 should have that kind of sound as long as you use the recommended external microphones using the correct connection.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

daveypoo Posted at 11-5 06:58
Soooo many jerky studders with this current gimbal firmware. At first I thought they were dropped frames, nope.....It happens when holding the gimbal steady with NO movement. Also, when holding steady, the gimbal has constant movement. We need a firmware as the video is impacted especially when panning no matter how slow you do it.  Lets gat a firmware update asap as I also see it in the many reviews online too! Thanks!

Hi, daveypoo. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please provide us with a sample video to investigate this issue? Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansbb981eaf Posted at 11-5 13:13
Die Pausenfunktion, die die Aufnahme kurzzeitig pausieren lässt, wäre mein größter Wunsch.
Der Pocket 2 hatte es ja auch.

Hi, fansbb981eaf. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PG73 Posted at 10-30 07:31
Hi, I have been in contact with support today and they should be getting back to me, I've mentioned on other threads how to replicate the issue, anyone with a Pocket 3 should be able to replicate this so I think it's affecting all devices and requires a software update.

Thank you for letting us know, PG73. Since you have been in contact with the support, please provide them with the needed details for them to investigate the issue. and should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Canonian Posted at 10-30 11:36
Well DJI Gamora, I wouldn't say

It seems to me that someone did not pass that information on to support.

Hi, Canonian. Thank you for the reply. Our relevant team confirmed that the font size has not been changed. Due to visual errors and shooting angles, they will look a little different. Are there any changes that you want to make with the font size so that we can forward it to our relevant team? Are there any issues you're encountering with the font size? Please let us know.
2023-11-6
Use props
iagoab
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 21:13
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The icon indicates you are currently shooting horizontally. It will change if you switch the shooting mode to vertical. Have a great day ahead.

thanks for answering. definitely resolved. I couldn't find the drawing in the manual and I didn't understand why it appeared. I have already become familiar with those functions.

Now, the question is that the joystick of the pocket 3 can move the camera in 3 diagonals (apart from up down and left right.) but in the top-right diagonal the joystick is unable. is it something normal? Or could it be a mechanical problem with the joystick itself?
2023-11-6
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

iagoab Posted at 11-6 07:28
thanks for answering. definitely resolved. I couldn't find the drawing in the manual and I didn't understand why it appeared. I have already become familiar with those functions.

Now, the question is that the joystick of the pocket 3 can move the camera in 3 diagonals (apart from up down and left right.) but in the top-right diagonal the joystick is unable. is it something normal? Or could it be a mechanical problem with the joystick itself?

Mine works across all diagonals though it can be difficult to get them.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

iagoab Posted at 11-6 07:28

Hi, iagoab. Will it be fine if you show us a video? I will get the related team to check on it. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-7
Use props
daveypoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need an option to lock focus to infinity especially when walking.  Too much focus jumping.
2023-11-7
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans6512c8e0 Posted at 11-4 13:46

I’ve change my joystick speed in ‘settings’ to 2 for Zoom and 1 for Gimbal, and that made a big difference.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

daveypoo Posted at 11-7 07:11
Need an option to lock focus to infinity especially when walking.  Too much focus jumping.

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-7
Use props
iagoab
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 00:59
Hi, iagoab. Will it be fine if you show us a video? I will get the related team to check on it. Thank you for your patience.

yes, I'm going to try to make a video
2023-11-7
Use props
iagoab
lvl.1

Spain

iagoab Posted at 11-5 14:55
Hello, with the new update this icon appears next to the one that indicates the remaining battery. what does it mean?
Thanks!
[view_image]

Regarding my old post, the screen lock icon, I have discovered that in normal video mode it saves my preference, but when I create a custom setting, horizontal lock always appears. I can change it, but it is not saved, as if it were in normal video mode.
2023-11-8
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules