a few bugs? RTMP Streaming and No vertical flip
1313 11 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaxstyle
New

Denmark

I just bought the OSMO Pocket 3 and i love it!

But i have already encountered 2 problems, one is more of a feature which i would like added, and the other is a bug.

The active tracking 6.0 makes RTMP streaming lag, whenever you stream and have face tracking on. Streaming is pretty fine, until you activate the face tracking, then it makes spikes and hickups in the stream feed!

Also, when streaming, it could be cool to be able to flip the screen/feed upside down. I would like to mount the camera upside down in the car, but the image doesnt flip.

Other than that, i own a lot of similar vlog setups from sony, but i am so impressed by the features that this unique, small and cheap camera offers!
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_9RdOZEFl3iNS
New

Denmark

That is a really good suggestion that i also could use. Make it happen. Very many thanks.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue during the livestreaming as mentioned on the post so we can check it further? In addition, if you need to adjust the orientation, please do it before starting the live streaming as it does not support switching between horizontal and vertical shooting mode during live streaming. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-30
Use props
Jaxstyle
New

Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 23:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue during the livestreaming as mentioned on the post so we can check it further? In addition, if you need to adjust the orientation, please do it before starting the live streaming as it does not support switching between horizontal and vertical shooting mode during live streaming. Thank you for your understanding.

You can see it in this Twitch VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1964114937?t=00h11m00s

I streamed perfectly without facetracking, but as soon it got turned on, the stream started lagging.

Also i already flipped the device. I am talking about shooting upside down, while streaming. When streaming you cant flip it upside down, its no problem when recording, but it doesnt detect when streaming
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jaxstyle Posted at 10-30 23:50
You can see it in this Twitch VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1964114937?t=00h11m00s

I streamed perfectly without facetracking, but as soon it got turned on, the stream started lagging.

We appreciate your response, Jax. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-2
Use props
Hujise
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-2 00:23
We appreciate your response, Jax. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your patience.

I can relate to the issue.
You can't use face tracking while streaming on RTMP.

Also rtmp seems unstable sometimes.
2023-11-12
Use props
Loziodade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1686 ft
Italy

I have also the same problem. With or without facetracking the rtmp stream is Very unstable and it lag so much… sometimes it freeze..
2023-12-18
Use props
Loosha
lvl.1
Germany

As I wrote here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 783&pid=3189538 RTMP is not the issue. It's not the best streaming protocol but it's "fine" enough for most users. What really makes ALL livestreams lag on the Osmo Pocket 3, is the transmission of the signal via WiFi even BEFORE it's re-encoded and sent out via RTMP through the Mimo app.

Wifi is 100% unreliable for livestreams and produces artifacts, out of syncs and lag after just minutes if not instantly. It really only works VERY short distance and only under ideal conditions. INSTEAD use a CABLE!

My solution is to hook up the Osmo Pocket 3 via USB-C to a phone (WIRED WITH A CABLE) and then grab the image with a Camera app that can handle a UVC signal. Technically I'm using the OP3 in webcam mode when having it hooked up that way (VIA CABLE) and then I use the app (which shows me the image same as the Mimo App) AND can upload the stable, WIRED signal from the Osmo Pocket 3 camera via RTMP or even SRT (if your app handles it) to my live stream destination.
2023-12-21
Use props
Loziodade
lvl.2
Italy

Loosha Posted at 12-21 06:15
As I wrote here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300783&pid=3189538 RTMP is not the issue. It's not the best streaming protocol but it's "fine" enough for most users. What really makes ALL livestreams lag on the Osmo Pocket 3, is the transmission of the signal via WiFi even BEFORE it's re-encoded and sent out via RTMP through the Mimo app.

Wifi is 100% unreliable for livestreams and produces artifacts, out of syncs and lag after just minutes if not instantly. It really only works VERY short distance and only under ideal conditions. INSTEAD use a CABLE!

i use rtmp to connect my OP3 to a belabox that re-encode the signal and stream that via SRT protocol.. so the distance beetween my camera and my Access point is no longer than 2 metres.... so the problem is not the protocol.. but the Facetracking 6.0... I try with and without and the change is clear and transparent...

2023-12-27
Use props
Loosha
lvl.1
Germany

Loziodade Posted at 2023-12-27 05:11
i use rtmp to connect my OP3 to a belabox that re-encode the signal and stream that via SRT protocol.. so the distance beetween my camera and my Access point is no longer than 2 metres.... so the problem is not the protocol.. but the Facetracking 6.0... I try with and without and the change is clear and transparent...

The OP3 has no SIM card and no 5G connection. So how do you suppose the signal gets from the OP3 to anything, be it your Belabox or anything else? Via the built-in WIFI. And WiFi is ALWAYS unreliable and unstable.
Try streaming in a crowd of 100 people on the street for example where everybody has a phone on them or different signal mix and mingle all over the place. The Wifi will go downhill fast and your Belabox will get nothing but interference and interruptions. Because the OP3 uses Wifi - UNLESS - as I wrote - you use a wired solution via the UVC webcam mode. THAT should also work with your Belabox - reliably.
1-3 18:53
Use props
Loziodade
lvl.2
Italy

Loosha Posted at 1-3 18:53
The OP3 has no SIM card and no 5G connection. So how do you suppose the signal gets from the OP3 to anything, be it your Belabox or anything else? Via the built-in WIFI. And WiFi is ALWAYS unreliable and unstable.
Try streaming in a crowd of 100 people on the street for example where everybody has a phone on them or different signal mix and mingle all over the place. The Wifi will go downhill fast and your Belabox will get nothing but interference and interruptions. Because the OP3 uses Wifi - UNLESS - as I wrote - you use a wired solution via the UVC webcam mode. THAT should also work with your Belabox - reliably.

Ok… but the problem is the same when I test the rtmp streaming in my house with NO INTERFERENCE AND WITH ONLY ONE WIFI NETWORK. so the problemi  is non the unreliability of the WiFi because when I use the same configurations with my action 4 all works very well.. it seems that the osmo pocket cannot manage the image and the stabilization data at the same time.
5-3 22:25
Use props
wasied
New

Belgium

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I broadcast in RTMP on Twitch servers, and it works fine until I activate Active Tracking: the stream becomes laggy and freezes.
Face Tracking on stream is one of the main reasons I bought the Osmo Pocket 3... It would be great if it worked!

Please DJI, can you look into the problem?
Thank you.
5-6 09:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules