Pocket 3 screen won’t lock vertically
1945 17 2023-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rXyCnPdbQL6C
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Been using my Pocket 3 all week and it seems fine but today I went to turn it off by turning the screen vertically however it won't lock that way and flicks back horizontally. Anyone else had this sort of issue? Any ideas? A setting I need to change or do you think it has failed?
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like a failed unit as there are no settings regarding locking the screen in to position. The only settings with respect to the screen rotation are regarding the video format.
2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Doesn’t sound great, I would contact dji and start a return.
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Rest assured that we will provide you necessary after-sales services after we conduct the damage assessment on the unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-11-2
Use props
djiuser_X1puzqxKDABa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 363307 ft
United States

I got the Pocket 3 on Dec 19, 2023 and on Dec 20, the screen suddenly wouldn’t lock in the vertical position. Then later that same day, it wouldn’t lock in either the horizontal or vertical position. It rests in at an slight angle to the camera body. Very disappointing.  DJI Customer Service said my only option is to return it for inspection and repair or replace. 5-7 days. I’m worried that this issue will happen again with the repaired or replacement unit.
2023-12-20
Use props
Ronald Kleinert
New

Germany

Same Thing hete. Screen stays in 30 degrees.

I will send it in, however i believe it will happen again.
Worst case it happens on a trip.
Guess i will replace it with a different product, that actually works.
2023-12-26
Use props
JTLYNCH
New

United States

The same screen problem just started happening today to my Pocket 3...
1-26 13:11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm sorry to hear that!  Do you use the supplied case for it when not in use?
1-26 13:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ronald Kleinert Posted at 2023-12-26 07:03
Same Thing hete. Screen stays in 30 degrees.

I will send it in, however i believe it will happen again.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the problem. Please let us know if this phenomenon happens again after the repair/replacement of your product. However, we hope that no inconvenience will happen again. Thank you for your support.
1-28 03:01
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JTLYNCH Posted at 1-26 13:11
The same screen problem just started happening today to my Pocket 3...

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. May I confirm if you managed to report this problem to our support? If not, you may contact us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for immediate assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-28 03:03
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45187 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here today. Cant close screen, just flicks back horizontal and turns camera back on again.
1-31 12:19
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Usual question (trying to establish whether or not the case is the culprit) - do you use the case when you are not using the camera?
1-31 13:28
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-31 13:28
Usual question (trying to establish whether or not the case is the culprit) - do you use the case when you are not using the camera?

In my case no. I had it mounted on a tripod filming the daily growth of a litter of puppies. Screen worked for days and then one day it didn't. It hadn't moved from where it was mounted on a tripod so the failure was without any kind of external influence, case, movement or otherwise, it was completely static the whole time.
2-3 06:17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

sandgrownun Posted at 2-3 06:17
In my case no. I had it mounted on a tripod filming the daily growth of a litter of puppies. Screen worked for days and then one day it didn't. It hadn't moved from where it was mounted on a tripod so the failure was without any kind of external influence, case, movement or otherwise, it was completely static the whole time.

Thanks for that report - that really does point to an inherent fault with the screen mechanism then.  I don't use the supplied case either, but my added precaution is that I never flick the screen around - I rotate it by holding it on both sides, in almost slow motion!   Maybe a sporadic assembly error is behind it - something not glued properly, or tightenened properly, something like that.
2-3 17:03
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-3 17:03
Thanks for that report - that really does point to an inherent fault with the screen mechanism then.  I don't use the supplied case either, but my added precaution is that I never flick the screen around - I rotate it by holding it on both sides, in almost slow motion!   Maybe a sporadic assembly error is behind it - something not glued properly, or tightenened properly, something like that.

Yeh, I was already cautious about the screen after watching a number of YouTube vids where the screen gets kind of stuck half way. I was exteremely cautious when rotating the screen so not caused by any kind of excessiive force or use. Its like something "pops out" inside of its own accord. It felt like the strength/tension of the spring massively increased when it broke, much stronger than the spring before which if I recall kicks in only at the last moment when rotating. Hope that makes sense but in my opinion the issue is inherent and not something caused by or contributed by how the device is used.
Despite this, I still love the device. I have a pocket 1 and this takes it to another level and I have already invested significanty in after market accessories so will continue with it. I hope DJI know what the issue is and it is fixed permanently when it comes back from repair or is fixed in any replacement device they send.  I am not looking forward to this happening a second time or more.
2-4 10:47
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've not heard of someone having the problem twice - but I don't know everything...  I do hope yours will now give you all pleasure and no grief!
2-5 03:39
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

I wonder if the screen gets hot during long shots and softens a plastic device inside (hinge, latch, etc.)? If DJI gives information about this issue, maybe we can take precautions. Maybe after finishing the video, you should not turn it until it cools down and the plastic material hardens again. A serious problem...
2-5 05:59
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So they are sending me a complete replacement which suggests that once failed its not repairable. They don't give a lot of detail in the service records. Just says "Grip Functional Module jammed/stucked"
2-7 01:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules