12Next >
10084 44 2023-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331473 ft
United Kingdom

Just tried hyperlapse on my pocket 3, spare battery connected on the tripod, it recorded 2 minutes of playable video whatever that is in minutes recorded, it overheated and turned off. Anyone else had that problem? Got on to DJI support chat, they said factory reset which i have, just trying another one to see what happens
2023-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ah.  Yet another overheating thread.  Have a look at the existing ones (though off the top of my head they don't mention hyperlapse).  The key piece of information required is whether this is a camera in the EU, or elsewhere.  EU cameraa are required to stop working at lower temperatures than elsewhere in the world.   In the previous threads there is information about choice of memory cards, and also some pointers to one or two other things you could try to minimise this problem (if you are in the EU).  Broadly speaking you problem is likely to be either that you are encountering the EU temperature limit and there's nothing actually wrong with the camera, or that the camera is defective and should be replaced.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. May we confirm the firmware version of the DJI Pocket 3? Also, would you be able to tell the camera parameters that were used during Hyperlapse? I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-11-6
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-6 07:09
Ah.  Yet another overheating thread.  Have a look at the existing ones (though off the top of my head they don't mention hyperlapse).  The key piece of information required is whether this is a camera in the EU, or elsewhere.  EU cameraa are required to stop working at lower temperatures than elsewhere in the world.   In the previous threads there is information about choice of memory cards, and also some pointers to one or two other things you could try to minimise this problem (if you are in the EU).  Broadly speaking you problem is likely to be either that you are encountering the EU temperature limit and there's nothing actually wrong with the camera, or that the camera is defective and should be replaced.

Hello,
I would agree with you IF we had this information about temperature limit by region.
I already post to DJI many photos taken with my thermal camera. It stops at around 53c°Location : France.

What are the limits ? Can we be informed about them ?

Does DJI even knows them ?
I doubt.
2023-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The problem may partly be that the camera has so many operating modes and colour modes and tracking modes etc etc that a comprehensive overheating chart might be a rather large document.  I confess that when I started a thread asking DJI to provide comprehensive information, I had not fully realised the complexity of the camera and the resulting large number of potential heat-affecting settings.
2023-11-7
Use props
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-7 04:16
The problem may partly be that the camera has so many operating modes and colour modes and tracking modes etc etc that a comprehensive overheating chart might be a rather large document.  I confess that when I started a thread asking DJI to provide comprehensive information, I had not fully realised the complexity of the camera and the resulting large number of potential heat-affecting settings.

I spoke to DJI Support on the app, told me to reset the camera so I took the SD card out reset to factory settings on the camera and did a very very long time lapse this morning and it worked okay so maybe just a glitch
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue that happened. Regarding the overheating issue, kindly refer to the information below:

1. It is essential to ensure that the heat dissipation area (gimbal) is not obstructed and that there is enough ventilation space. Additionally, please exercise caution to avoid touching the gimbal.
2. Before starting recording, make sure the device is not in a high-temperature state due to accidental power-on.
3. When a "Device overheated. Recording stopped " message appears, promptly place the device in a well-ventilated area. Allow sufficient time for the temperature to decrease naturally before attempting to capture again.
4. When using the device in Europe, it might experience shorter recording time because of the potential overheating issues:
Osmo Pocket 3 is designed to automatically update its country code based on the current location. Different country codes correspond to specific temperature control strategies to meet local requirements.

It is good to hear that the overheating issue did not exist in your latest recording, if it happens again, kindly refer to the information above. Thank you for your attention.
2023-11-7
Use props
Japan Potato
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 11-7 05:18
Hi there, sorry for the issue that happened. Regarding the overheating issue, kindly refer to the information below:

1. It is essential to ensure that the heat dissipation area (gimbal) is not obstructed and that there is enough ventilation space. Additionally, please exercise caution to avoid touching the gimbal.

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding 4)
How can we change the country code? Do we need to set the MIMO app and our DJI Profile to another country or do we need to change the whole phone to another country (and disable location services)? Both things are easy. And how can we check what country code the camera is currently using? Thanks in advance.
2023-11-7
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-7 05:18

4. Except since it is sold as video camera it cannot overheat in normal video modes in any EU Country when temperature requirements are met.

Other vice you violate the Consumer Protection Law of EU.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Japan Potato Posted at 11-7 06:57
Thanks for the clarification. Regarding 4)
How can we change the country code? Do we need to set the MIMO app and our DJI Profile to another country or do we need to change the whole phone to another country (and disable location services)? Both things are easy. And how can we check what country code the camera is currently using? Thanks in advance.

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply, the Osmo Pocket 3 will adapt itself according to the current country/region when it is connected to the DJI Mimo app and internet. We may not suggest changing the country code manually, thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-9
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 11-9 22:55
Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply, the Osmo Pocket 3 will adapt itself according to the current country/region when it is connected to the DJI Mimo app and internet. We may not suggest changing the country code manually, thank you for your understanding.

Although you may not suggest changing the country code manually, there are some of us who may wish to do so on our own devices that we have paid for and are now our property - so please elaborate and advise?
Thank you
2023-11-10
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

hacking method on youtube

2023-11-10
Use props
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-6 07:09
Ah.  Yet another overheating thread.  Have a look at the existing ones (though off the top of my head they don't mention hyperlapse).  The key piece of information required is whether this is a camera in the EU, or elsewhere.  EU cameraa are required to stop working at lower temperatures than elsewhere in the world.   In the previous threads there is information about choice of memory cards, and also some pointers to one or two other things you could try to minimise this problem (if you are in the EU).  Broadly speaking you problem is likely to be either that you are encountering the EU temperature limit and there's nothing actually wrong with the camera, or that the camera is defective and should be replaced.

I factory reset the camera as suggested by DJI next day left it on Hyperlapse for nearly half an hour and it was OK no overheating so its ok now.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I received an update from our engineers, they will release a firmware soon to optimize the issue, please wait for the update. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-11
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

By the way guys, I set my screen to auto turn off after 10 minutes, so I get more battery live when recording interviews and less chance of over heating since interviews can run for about an hour.
2023-11-11
Use props
jean Claude Bigaut
New

France

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 01:30
Hi there, I received an update from our engineers, they will release a firmware soon to optimize the issue, please wait for the update. Thank you for your patience.

Bonjour,
Sur le point d'acquérir la poche 3 ; ce problème de surchauffe m'inquiète car je capte parfois des pièces de théâtre ou danse et je ne peux arrêter la caméra. Ce problème semble se produire à 50I/S or je travaille en 4K à 25 I/S qu'n est il à ce régime ? merci
2023-11-11
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

jean Claude Bigaut Posted at 11-11 09:28
Bonjour,
Sur le point d'acquérir la poche 3 ; ce problème de surchauffe m'inquiète car je capte parfois des pièces de théâtre ou danse et je ne peux arrêter la caméra. Ce problème semble se produire à 50I/S or je travaille en 4K à 25 I/S qu'n est il à ce régime ? merci

Jean-Claude, you should speak English there

Je vais te répondre en français, en gros le problème de surchauffe survient dans toutes les résolutions et à tous les framerates mais si tu peux tenir à peu près 1h en 1080p@60, tu tiendras 15 minutes en 4k@60 et probablement moins de 30 minutes en 4k@25.

Heureusement, tu as une solution consistant à créer un petit fichier à la racine de ta carte SD qui va appliquer les paramètres internationaux concernant la surchauffe et pas ceux plus limités qui sont appliqués aux européens.

La méthode est simple et décrite dans la vidéo ci-dessus ou dans les autres sujets "overheating".

J'ai moi-même écrit un petit "tuto" pour décrire une façon hyper simple de créer ce petit fichier soi-même.

Enjoy.
2023-11-11
Use props
dfenton
lvl.1
Ireland

Dear DJI, so if I am in a non-EU country and I purchase, activate my Pocket 3, and install the latest firmware in my non-EU country, and then I go to a EU country for a trip, should I make sure not to update the firmware until I return to my non-EU country? Otherwise, I may loose my non-EU settings?
2023-11-12
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828323 ft
Romania

Hi! I have Pocket 3 Combo Creator in Europe, and at 4k 60fps, it stops (due to overheating) duup 8, maximum 12 minutes. It doesn't seem normal to me at all! Too little, with all the EU legislation. Very little!!!
2023-11-12
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 11-11 01:30

Hi! I have Pocket 3 Combo Creator in Europe, and at 4k 60fps, it stops (due to overheating) duup 8, maximum 12 minutes. It doesn't seem normal to me at all! Too little, with all the EU legislation. Very little!!!
2023-11-12
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Romania

Jonatan.N Posted at 11-10 03:53
hacking method on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbmaTxaKoA

This method did not work for me. after 22 minutes it stopped...
2023-11-12
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OviOptiK Posted at 11-12 13:39

Something wrong with your unit - contact DJI or have it replaced if you can! You should get more then double that easily.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi, SteveMavZoom please upgrade v01.01.08.70 firmware. We optimized this issue, espcially with battery handle plugged.
2023-11-13
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thank You, installing
2023-11-13
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-13 06:41
Hi, SteveMavZoom please upgrade v01.01.08.70 firmware. We optimized this issue, espcially with battery handle plugged.

What v01.01.08.70 does differently than earlier version? What tests did you performed within this firmware and what was the effect? Especially for EU customers.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-13 08:06
What v01.01.08.70 does differently than earlier version? What tests did you performed within this firmware and what was the effect? Especially for EU customers.

It’s a bug fix, i have just started recording 4k60fps am at 28 minutes indoors on a tripod with battery handle and no problem so far. Hopefully this will help extend 4k 60fps recording . It’s was very quick to come which shows that dji are taking the matter seriously .
2023-11-13
Use props
dfenton
lvl.1
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-13 08:06

DJI, I agree with this question. What's the difference you observed in the behavior after the new update versus the previous version. Please provide specific durations with the settings used and don't just say something vague like "extended recording time".
2023-11-13
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

dfenton Posted at 11-13 11:24
DJI, I agree with this question. What's the difference you observed in the behavior after the new update versus the previous version. Please provide specific durations with the settings used and don't just say something vague like "extended recording time".

They might be able to limit CPU Mhz power to lower heating when standstill has been detected. Just like phones and computers are using variable CPU speeds. This method comes to mind and ofc optimizing software to eat less calculations.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

OviOptiK Posted at 11-12 13:39

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. The new firmware optimizes the issue, could you please try to update the firmware and test it again to see if it is the same result? Look forward to your reply.
2023-11-14
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 22:34
Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. The new firmware optimizes the issue, could you please try to update the firmware and test it again to see if it is the same result? Look forward to your reply.

It seems that the ultium firmware update for Pocket 3 solved the heating problem for devices sold in Europe. I filmed 54 minutes of 4k 60fps D-log and I still had 10% battery and it was still filming. Respect, DJI!
2023-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rishio Posted at 11-11 07:09
By the way guys, I set my screen to auto turn off after 10 minutes, so I get more battery live when recording interviews and less chance of over heating since interviews can run for about an hour.

How do you know it is still recording?
I'm used to checking my Pocket 2 regularly to see if it is still recording.
(other than the gimbal hanging down because of it shutdown)
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

OviOptiK Posted at 11-14 23:30
It seems that the ultium firmware update for Pocket 3 solved the heating problem for devices sold in Europe. I filmed 54 minutes of 4k 60fps D-log and I still had 10% battery and it was still filming. Respect, DJI!

That is good to hear!
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

OviOptiK Posted at 11-12 23:15
This method did not work for me. after 22 minutes it stopped...

Did you do the latest FW upgrade? (sorry if I missed it)
2023-11-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-17 02:14

It’s all sorted now, the poster also mentioned his problem on another thread.
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 04:04
It’s all sorted now, the poster also mentioned his problem on another thread.

Good to hear. I'm saving for a P3
2023-11-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-17 04:24
Good to hear. I'm saving for a P3

It’s really good, a real upgrade from 1 and 2 , a bit heavier but very sturdy an strong. Hopefully it will continue to get improvements by firmware.
2023-11-17
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 11-17 02:14

After the last firmware upgrade it is ok now. It no longer heats up and films until the battery runs out
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 05:25
It’s really good, a real upgrade from 1 and 2 , a bit heavier but very sturdy an strong. Hopefully it will continue to get improvements by firmware.

Nice.
It's just the price that I did not like too much
But I will just have to save longer.
2023-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

OviOptiK Posted at 11-17 08:30
After the last firmware upgrade it is ok now. It no longer heats up and films until the battery runs out

That is good to hear. Thanks for confirming!
2023-11-17
Use props
jean Claude Bigaut
New

France

hehe2 Posted at 11-11 11:10
Jean-Claude, you should speak English there

Je vais te répondre en français, en gros le problème de surchauffe survient dans toutes les résolutions et à tous les framerates mais si tu peux tenir à peu près 1h en 1080p@60, tu tiendras 15 minutes en 4k@60 et probablement moins de 30 minutes en 4k@25.

Merci beaucoup et je réponds tardivement, il semble que depuis la situation a évoluée dans le bons sens, désolé, je n'ai pas trouvé le tuto dont tu parles concernant le fichier ou plusieurs ? à la racine de la carte
Merci
2023-11-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules