Mavic Pro Doesn't work with the new iPhone 15 pro
4955 31 2023-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

I upgraded my phone to the iPhone 15pro and the mavic pro no longer works. When I try to connect the iphone to the controller with USB-C it gives the error message: "Cannot Use Accessory This accessory uses too much power". I'm wondering when there will be an update and if we can be notified. Currently I am grounded and can no longer use my drone. I'm using the latest version of DJI GO 4 as of 4days ago: "4.3.60" with iphone 15 pro.

IMG_3021.PNG
IMG_3021.PNG
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you also experience this on other IOS devices? Please make sure the cable is connected properly or try replacing it. Thank you.
2023-11-8
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 02:18
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you also experience this on other IOS devices? Please make sure the cable is connected properly or try replacing it. Thank you.

It just doesn't work with the new iphone 15 pro. It works with older iphones. I had an iphone 12 and it worked fine. There needs to be an update to allow the controller to work with the new iphones
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

emotiondesigner Posted at 11-15 00:37
It just doesn't work with the new iphone 15 pro. It works with older iphones. I had an iphone 12 and it worked fine. There needs to be an update to allow the controller to work with the new iphones

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure: . We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_FmAwfDAlyUtC
New
Flight distance : 9495 ft
Australia

When is this going to be resolved? I have a Mavic Air 2 and iPhone 15 Pro Max and having the same issue?!?
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FmAwfDAlyUtC Posted at 12-15 03:17
When is this going to be resolved? I have a Mavic Air 2 and iPhone 15 Pro Max and having the same issue?!?

Hi, there. We're sorry that the iPhone 15 Pro Max hasn't been fully tested for compatibility matter at the moment. Rest assured that we forwarded this situation to our relevant team for awareness. In the meantime, we encourage you to use a device that is fully compatible with our app to prevent inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-15
Use props
luiscabus
New

Brazil

That is a bummer! My mavic air is grounded
2023-12-26
Use props
kubu intl
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 02:31
Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure: [view_image]. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

When can we expect this issue to be resolved? I have 3 DJI drones that are useless to me at the moment Very expensive ornaments. We do expect that a well supported & major drone manufacturer stay up to date with these things. And, I don't have a backup or older IPhone or other device to use in the interim.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kubu intl Posted at 12-28 18:52
When can we expect this issue to be resolved? I have 3 DJI drones that are useless to me at the moment Very expensive ornaments. We do expect that a well supported & major drone manufacturer stay up to date with these things. And, I don't have a backup or older IPhone or other device to use in the interim.

Sorry about the inconvenience. Any updates will be announced officially. Please keep posted by visiting the DJI Official website. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_abahOPrLKStx
New

United States

Didn’t the iPhone come out in September? Should probably raise the priority on the issue.
1-1 16:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_abahOPrLKStx Posted at 1-1 16:46
Didn’t the iPhone come out in September? Should probably raise the priority on the issue.

Hi, djiuser_abahOPrLKStx. We understand the inconvenience. I have forwarded your feedback to the related team. I also replied to you on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=301033. Have a nice day.
1-1 21:24
Use props
MiGeoPhoto3188
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287218 ft
United States

kubu intl Posted at 2023-12-28 18:52

Dealing with the exact same issue. How in the world they haven't fixed this by now is starting to get infuriating.
1-3 08:57
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

So you had a phone it did work on, then upgraded and it doesnt, the MP is a few years old now and the DJI GO4 app isnt actually supported anymore so what makes you think that DJI will fix the issue.

Buy an older phone or use the old one
1-3 12:31
Use props
fans2dc070d6
lvl.1

United States

MiniManiac Posted at 1-3 12:31
So you had a phone it did work on, then upgraded and it doesnt, the MP is a few years old now and the DJI GO4 app isnt actually supported anymore so what makes you think that DJI will fix the issue.

Buy an older phone or use the old one

" what makes you think that DJI will fix the issue." I thought maybe you know, they would still support the device so that users could continue to use it. Doesn't seem ludacris that a company would support their device. I'm sure there are solutions but don't act like it's completely insane to be using the device one day, get the new phone and realize that it doesn't work. As if I'm supposed to instantly chuck the device in the trash or go buy the iphone I literally just traded in for the new one. It's not crazy to hope that they could simply do an update that makes it not try to get power from the new iphone. Just block that function. Or make a non powered cable. For your information Im selling this drone at this point because its been months with no update. But I dont appreciate you acting like it's crazy to want support.
1-3 13:00
Use props
fans2dc070d6
lvl.1

United States

MiniManiac Posted at 1-3 12:31
So you had a phone it did work on, then upgraded and it doesnt, the MP is a few years old now and the DJI GO4 app isnt actually supported anymore so what makes you think that DJI will fix the issue.

Buy an older phone or use the old one

When I trade in my phone to get the new phone, My first thought isn't usually, Let me buy the phone i just traded in! I get it, there are other options, but I dont know why you have to act like it's crazy to wonder why they can't release an update or continue support on a product. I still get support on my original DJI ronin. My canon camera still has support and updates. My RED got discontinued and it still gets updates. Why am i crazy for notifying the company that makes my drone that after the new iphone came out their drone no longer works. That's what this forum is. people letting them know about issues that have popped up. Im not crazy for asking and wanting an update. Your solution is go buy another drone, go buy another phone. When someone's computer has an issue, the first thought isn't, I guess I have to buy another computer. The first step in trouble shooting is reaching out to see if the manufacturer has a solution that doesn't involve throwing their product in the trash and buying a new one. you also just dont have to be rude about it.
1-3 17:52
Use props
MiGeoPhoto3188
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287218 ft
United States

fans2dc070d6 Posted at 1-3 17:52
When I trade in my phone to get the new phone, My first thought isn't usually, Let me buy the phone i just traded in! I get it, there are other options, but I dont know why you have to act like it's crazy to wonder why they can't release an update or continue support on a product. I still get support on my original DJI ronin. My canon camera still has support and updates. My RED got discontinued and it still gets updates. Why am i crazy for notifying the company that makes my drone that after the new iphone came out their drone no longer works. That's what this forum is. people letting them know about issues that have popped up. Im not crazy for asking and wanting an update. Your solution is go buy another drone, go buy another phone. When someone's computer has an issue, the first thought isn't, I guess I have to buy another computer. The first step in trouble shooting is reaching out to see if the manufacturer has a solution that doesn't involve throwing their product in the trash and buying a new one. you also just dont have to be rude about it.

I FINALLY found a solution to this problem! If you use a USB-A to USB-C it works just fine. I didn't even realize there was a USB-A input on the bottom of the controller since I've always used the Micro USB port on the side to connect my phone. Hope this helps! I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max btw
1-5 09:10
Use props
Mlwindia
lvl.1

France

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-11-15 02:31
Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure: [view_image]. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Is there any more information on this ? I have not been able to use my drone for 2 months now. Everything works with my Mavic Pro2 but I can not connect the remote to the aircraft.
1-15 08:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mlwindia Posted at 1-15 08:44
Is there any more information on this ? I have not been able to use my drone for 2 months now. Everything works with my Mavic Pro2 but I can not connect the remote to the aircraft.

This issue is still present. However, you can also try using an adapter (female lightning to male USB-C) to connect your iPhone 15 to your remote as some users can successfully connect it using an adapter. We appreciate your patience.
1-16 01:36
Use props
fansc1fee91c
New

United Kingdom

MiGeoPhoto3188 Posted at 1-5 09:10
I FINALLY found a solution to this problem! If you use a USB-A to USB-C it works just fine. I didn't even realize there was a USB-A input on the bottom of the controller since I've always used the Micro USB port on the side to connect my phone. Hope this helps! I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro Max btw

this seems to work
1-24 02:14
Use props
fansc1fee91c
New

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-15 03:26
Hi, there. We're sorry that the iPhone 15 Pro Max hasn't been fully tested for compatibility matter at the moment. Rest assured that we forwarded this situation to our relevant team for awareness. In the meantime, we encourage you to use a device that is fully compatible with our app to prevent inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

This is ridiculous to have these items not compatible for so long for what must surly just be a softwear issue? I don't think this is acceptable for a top of the range drone company to be dragging there heels for so long on this issue!
1-24 06:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansc1fee91c Posted at 1-24 06:36
This is ridiculous to have these items not compatible for so long for what must surly just be a softwear issue? I don't think this is acceptable for a top of the range drone company to be dragging there heels for so long on this issue!

Hi, there. Thank you for expressing your feedback and we truly apologize for the inconvenience. However, please understand that compatibility issues can arise due to the vast number of devices available in the market, each with its unique specifications, hardware configurations, and operating systems. For instance, our team may test the app on a range of popular devices during the development phase. Still, it's not always possible to test on every individual device available.

Moreover, the compatibility of some devices may also depend on the particular version of the app or operating system they're running. That's why, as much as we endeavor to maintain compatibility with as many devices as possible, there may still be instances where some devices may not work as expected.

We thank you for you for your understanding.
1-28 03:40
Use props
GigiCom
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I also have an iphone 15 Pro Max and the same problem. the USB-A to USB-C connection does not work for me.

When can we finally expect a solution here?
2-15 06:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GigiCom Posted at 2-15 06:44
Hi, I also have an iphone 15 Pro Max and the same problem. the USB-A to USB-C connection does not work for me.

When can we finally expect a solution here?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you currently using? Please keep us posted so we can help you further.
2-16 01:24
Use props
GigiCom
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 01:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you currently using? Please keep us posted so we can help you further.

HI I m using a Mavic 2 Pro with an iPhone 15 Pro Max
2-16 02:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GigiCom Posted at 2-16 02:31
HI I m using a Mavic 2 Pro with an iPhone 15 Pro Max

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 Pro is not currently compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-17 02:44
Use props
GigiCom
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 02:44
Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 Pro is not currently compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website in order to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello,

What you are saying is not true. The iphone15 pro Max and the DJI Go4 application are compatible. if I use the USB A port it works. it doesn't work on the side port of the remote control on USB-C. so it's not the iphone and not the application. it must be the side port and the way it is controlled by the remote control software. something that can certainly be fixed with a software update of the remote control. it can't physically be the port itself either as both speak USB protocol at the end of the day. Perhaps you could simply investigate the fault instead of putting us off again and again and hoping that we will change the cell phone.
2-17 03:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

GigiCom Posted at 2-17 03:50
Hello,

What you are saying is not true. The iphone15 pro Max and the DJI Go4 application are compatible. if I use the USB A port it works. it doesn't work on the side port of the remote control on USB-C. so it's not the iphone and not the application. it must be the side port and the way it is controlled by the remote control software. something that can certainly be fixed with a software update of the remote control. it can't physically be the port itself either as both speak USB protocol at the end of the day. Perhaps you could simply investigate the fault instead of putting us off again and again and hoping that we will change the cell phone.

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing the result of your test. We will record this suggestion and will forward to our relevant team for future consideration. Hope this will be compatible soon. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-19 00:59
Use props
robbiewex
lvl.1
United States

Repost I made for another similar post string: I don't believe that DJI is being so stupid about this situation, but I have very good news. I purchased an Apple Lightning-to-USB-C adapter for my Mavic Pro/iPhone 15 Pro combo, and it works!! I was able to have the DJI Go 4 app update the database and connect to the Mavic Pro without any error or signs of any possible issue. Unfortunately, since it's evening here and it's raining, I won't be flying today but there really is no reason to believe this will not work. And the Apple adapter was $29 - better than trying to find some other solution that may or may not work!!
2-27 14:55
Use props
fans2dc070d6
lvl.1

United States

robbiewex Posted at 2-27 14:55
Repost I made for another similar post string: I don't believe that DJI is being so stupid about this situation, but I have very good news. I purchased an Apple Lightning-to-USB-C adapter for my Mavic Pro/iPhone 15 Pro combo, and it works!! I was able to have the DJI Go 4 app update the database and connect to the Mavic Pro without any error or signs of any possible issue. Unfortunately, since it's evening here and it's raining, I won't be flying today but there really is no reason to believe this will not work. And the Apple adapter was $29 - better than trying to find some other solution that may or may not work!!

Thank you so much for this update. Ordering an apple lighting to usb c adapter now to try it! thanks i was really close to giving up and selling it
2-27 16:57
Use props
djiuser_tuOP9CekZvs4
New
United States

This is a joke. Still not compatible with iPhone 15!
3-18 12:14
Use props
fansf3575fa1
lvl.2
United States

I can use the USB-A to USB-C cable but my iPhone 15 Pro Max then flashes the battery charging indicator, as if I'm plugging a charging cable in and out of the iPhone repeatedly.

My concern is that the iPhone thinks for a brief second that it's not connected to the controller and then usually regains control.

But what if that happens during a flight and the connection isn't re-established between the controller and iPhone?  

Would I lose the video feed and the data about the location and altitude of the drone?  That might make it difficult to land?

3-18 12:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf3575fa1 Posted at 3-18 12:21
I can use the USB-A to USB-C cable but my iPhone 15 Pro Max then flashes the battery charging indicator, as if I'm plugging a charging cable in and out of the iPhone repeatedly.

My concern is that the iPhone thinks for a brief second that it's not connected to the controller and then usually regains control.

Hi. You can still control the aircraft in case this happens or use the RTH feature to land the drone back to the Home Point. Have a nice day.
3-18 21:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules