DJI Go not showing Image Quality
567 5 2023-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deltact
lvl.1

Greece

I'm pretty new to this whole drone thing, I just got my first DJI drone, I used to watch a ton of videos about 5 years ago as a child and wanting to own a drone. All 3rd party drones seemed cheap and built for profit and anything "good" was categorised as pro-grade and cost thousands. So I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard about a month or two ago and I've been pretty satisfied and going on strong though the battery's toast (Cell 2 is -0.15V out of alignment with every other cell) going to need to buy a new, hopefully genuine(?) battery somehow, hard to find good ones on sale though.
Introductions aside, let's get to the real issue.

I downloaded the DJI Go app (not the 4, I own a P3Std) and it has a bad habit of showing me the Wifi connection where Image Transmission Quality should be.
Screenshot_20231108_032722_dji.pilot.jpg
I have highlighted the button, I'm sure you are all well acquainted with the UI.

But this is how it's supposed to be.
Screenshot_20231108_032152_dji.pilot.jpg
I can't access the Image Transmission Quality settings from ANYWHERE in the settings besides pressing the button that decides to show itself once in a blue moon.
It is often replaced by the WiFi settings button which I can access at any time and it displays the wifi quality which is always full. I assume that's an indication of the wifi connection from the device to the controller?

Is there any way to fix this, override the wifi button to be hidden and Image Quality to be displayed at all times instead? Do I have to revert to an older version of the DJI Go App perhaps?

2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-11-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What version is your DJI GO app? ....and what else is the matter with the battery?
First try to purchase a new battery and see what happens if it in the AC.
2023-11-21
Use props
Deltact
lvl.1

Greece

Peterx Posted at 11-21 11:24
What version is your DJI GO app? ....and what else is the matter with the battery?
First try to purchase a new battery and see what happens if it in the AC.

My DJI Go App is v3.1.74(802_go3_official), copyright's on 2018 so I assume this app isn't getting anymore updates as far as I know.

The battery's dead after a while of use, cell 2 has practically imploded in terms of capacity and barely holds a voltage. It started out at .08v difference when I started flying the drone which I found concerning, slowly went up to .1v divergence with the other cells after about 7-ish flights (wasn't really discharging the battery below 20 - 40% anyways) and every consecutive charge of the battery since it reached .15v divergence has become unhinged and is now .4v so I've stopped using the battery and trying to find a replacement, though it's extremely hard finding genuine batteries on sale anymore.
2023-11-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What is with the battery of the RC. Does the RC have a good battery? I ask for it.  You may knoe that the RC as a mobile hotspot for the WIFI on the system. (first picture)
The P3S does not transmit any full HD and is not USB connected to the mobile device.
2023-12-8
Use props
Deltact
lvl.1

Greece

Peterx Posted at 12-8 07:14
What is with the battery of the RC. Does the RC have a good battery? I ask for it.  You may knoe that the RC as a mobile hotspot for the WIFI on the system. (first picture)
The P3S does not transmit any full HD and is not USB connected to the mobile device.

The battery on the controller's still good. Holding on for about 5-6 complete AC flights before needing a recharge. Is the fact that the P3S does not transmit full HD video the fact that button isn't visible? During the screenshots I was offloading the photos from the SD card onto the desktop through USB. It was the last time the battery was good and could hold a charge. Now it struggles holding a charge for more than half a day. I will hold off on buying a battery until the next summer while I try to find a reputable battery reseller as well as since I do not have much use for the drone currently.
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules