Compass Error, exit GPS Mode error
1297 1 2015-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oksxen
lvl.2

Canada

Something happened out of the ordinary while flying my P3 drone.

To my suprise; I was first intermittently receiving "Compass Error, exit GPS Mode error" while the drone was at 90 meters, then it became more often to the point that the error stayed on. My drone did not have GPS signals!

I couldn't fly the drone any higher than 90 m - as what the DJI manual said we should do - to get a better lock on a GPS, so I landed it safely using ATTI mode instead. I re calibrated the compass but as soon as it took off, there it was again - Compass Error, exit GPS Mode - error flashing on my screen. I landed it back safely again and I went home.

Then I found this: http://www.spaceweather.gc.ca/fo ... court/sfst-2-en.php

Apparently, not only that I have to watch out for wind gust (among other things), but also for Space Weather?
I guess there is this K-Index thing that measures how strong earth's magnetic field is - which could affect GPS devices?
Coincidentally, my location had "+ unsettled intervals" of earth's magnetic fields at the time when I was flying my drone.

Who knows? I thought it might have something to do with my P3 drone acting up out of the ordinary.

What do you think?

2015-9-6
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

a high k index can affect gps, telecommunications,  compass, radio stations and also has knocked out power stations for days at a time anithung above 6 has the power to induce errors in all types of electrical equipment
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules