New Firmware v01.01.08.70 , and it works .
3276 35 2023-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There was a new firmware introduced today v01.01.08.70  including mimo app update. Hopefully it helps somewhat with overheating it was mentioned that overheating while using battery handle will be improved greatly. I have managed to get it to record 52 minutes in 4k 60fps "so far" still recording.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Update my camera ran for 1 hour 10 mins Space on the sd card was full , unit was warm not hot and easy to handle I think it would have worked until the battery ran down completely. So far it’s a big improvement using the battery handle. Interested to see how others get on.
Looks like dji acted pretty quickly.
2023-11-13
Use props
JayP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128868 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-13 09:55
Update my camera ran for 1 hour 10 mins Space on the sd card was full , unit was warm not hot and easy to handle I think it would have worked until the battery ran down completely. So far it’s a big improvement using the battery handle. Interested to see how others get on.
Looks like dji acted pretty quickly.
I can confirm your findings. Freshly formatted SD-Card. Battery-handle plugged in. 4K60 D-Log M recording for 1 hour & 20 minutes and still ongoing (EU). Screen at 35% always on.
Osmo Pocket getting warm but not uncomfortably to hold. The top though gets really hot. Nothing to be touched for long. Still, in real use case no one would be touching that area. Great work DJI
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JayP Posted at 11-13 11:07
I can confirm your findings. Freshly formatted SD-Card. Battery-handle plugged in. 4K60 recording for 1hour & 20 minutes and still recording.
Osmo Pocket getting warm but not uncomfortably. The top though gets really hot. Nothing to be touched for long. Still, in real use case no one would be touching that area. Great work DJI

Great news hopefully this optimisation does the trick
2023-11-13
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-13 11:11
Great news hopefully this optimisation does the trick

I try it tomorrow but I'm born under unlucky stars and my luck is permanently worse than average European has. That's why I'm always skeptic unless I see miracles. But that also comes with balancing effect that something else elsewhere goes wrong then that the average of the disappointment has constant fixed value.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-13 11:20
I try it tomorrow but I'm born under unlucky stars and my luck is permanently worse than average European has. That's why I'm always skeptic unless I see miracles. But that also comes with balancing effect that something else elsewhere goes wrong then that the average of the disappointment has constant fixed value.

Work on the premise that all DJI products are pretty good , most if not all of there small cameras started out with teething problems but updating them and listening to customers improved them greatly and no reason to believe it won’t happen with this camera.

“Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.” ;+)
2023-11-13
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite a few fixes with this update. Just downloaded it.
IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2787.jpeg
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ryguyMN Posted at 11-13 12:29

A lot of this was updated on release, I think this was just an improvement to first update.
2023-11-13
Use props
dfenton
lvl.1
Ireland

That's good news, Hallmark007. Fair play to DJI for fixing this quickly. Did you use that text file hack during your test to bypass the EU regulation restriction or just the normal usage?

BTW, I'm in Dublin. What part of Ireland are you from?
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dfenton Posted at 11-13 12:41
That's good news. Fair play to DJI for fixing this quickly. Did you use that text file hack during your test to bypass the EU regulation restriction or just the normal usage?

BTW, I'm in Dublin. What part of Ireland are you from?

I didn’t use the hack, 90% of use for the pocket 3 for me will be clips 5/15 minutes. Timelapse and motion lapse there doesn’t seem to be a problem with long runs. Welcome to the forum, I’m in enniscrone Co Sligo.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. We do appreciate sharing your experience and feedback with the latest firmware version of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3. Should you have further concerns, please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to see a fix implemented so quickly - they must have applied some optimisation to the software I assume.
Just updated mine and see no difference in settings etc. I also only tend to capture shorter clips, so although the issue didn’t affect me in the first instance, it’s good to know that I can record longer clips without concern! Haven't really used the battery grip much so far - will start testing with it after this update ;)

DJI have always been good with quick updates, unlike GoPro who update once or twice a year only, then ignore the bugs!
2023-11-13
Use props
JayP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128868 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can confirm your findings. Freshly formatted SD-Card. Battery-handle plugged in. 4K60 D-Log M recording for 1 hour & 20 minutes and still ongoing.
Osmo Pocket getting warm but not uncomfortably. The top though gets really hot. Nothing to be touched for long. Still, in real use case no one would be touching that area. Great work DJI

Update from my side:
Recording stopped after more than 2 hours because I ran out of battery.
No hack applied.
I take a way to key points from the new firmware:
Over heating issue seems to have been fixed (EU).
Battery life seems to have been improved slightly.
Great work DJI

2023-11-13
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

I wasn't having the overheating issue so I'm wondering what else, if anything, this new firware does.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MartianSunset Posted at 11-13 15:16
I wasn't having the overheating issue so I'm wondering what else, if anything, this new firware does.

Bugs
2023-11-13
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Hope it improves gimbal performance as well.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 11-13 15:28
Hope it improves gimbal performance as well.

Not sure haven’t tried that yet. I do know over the years dji have greatly improved gimbals on drones so it should be something they can improve on
2023-11-13
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-13 15:39
Not sure haven’t tried that yet. I do know over the years dji have greatly improved gimbals on drones so it should be something they can improve on

Updated and checked short test footage, there is some difference in evenness and speed.
I do need proper testing to say it's fixed or not but at least it seems some change is made to gimbal movement.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hujise
lvl.1
Japan

No upgrade on RTMP face tracking? When we're on rtmp the face tracking makes the video like 3fps, so laggy.
And the webcam mode has some unusable stuttering.
2023-11-13
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-13 12:39
A lot of this was updated on release, I think this was just an improvement to first update.

Good catch. Didn’t realize a lot of this was listed with the initial firmware release.
2023-11-13
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

After testing,
Happy to confirm that gimbal panning unevenness is solve for me with this update.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=drive_link
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 11-13 23:32
After testing,
Happy to confirm that gimbal panning unevenness is solve for me with this update.

Good news ……..
2023-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Someone above mentioned screen at 35% bright. There have been earlier reports that reducing screen brightness had a significant effect on heating.  It might still be worth bearing this in mind.  And I trust that the new FW does not just reduce max brightness... Well, now it looks like the time to buy.  Sadly, neither my wife nor my bank manager agree - yet.  Has anyone been able to check if the 'hack' still works anyway?  This would have been their chance to block it.
2023-11-14
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

Tide Posted at 11-13 23:32
After testing,

I hope it works for me too. Unfortunately, I'm not planning to go anywhere soon and I have no way to test it
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-14 03:35
Someone above mentioned screen at 35% bright. There have been earlier reports that reducing screen brightness had a significant effect on heating.  It might still be worth bearing this in mind.  And I trust that the new FW does not just reduce max brightness... Well, now it looks like the time to buy.  Sadly, neither my wife nor my bank manager agree - yet.  Has anyone been able to check if the 'hack' still works anyway?  This would have been their chance to block it.

I generally have any screen brightness at around 50% anyways. I have no need to go any higher - maybe that will change in the summer when the sun is brighter...!
There should no longer be any need to use any such 'hack' etc....
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Someone above mentioned screen at 35% bright. There have been earlier reports that reducing screen brightness had a significant effect on heating.  It might still be worth bearing this in mind.  And I trust that the new FW does not just reduce max brightness... Well, now it looks like the time to buy.  Sadly, neither my wife nor my bank manager agree - yet.  Has anyone been able to check if the 'hack' still works anyway?  This would have been their chance to block it.

I can’t see them blocking it really.

I think there’s a switching mechanism on some Sony cameras that allows you to choose a ‘heat cutoff’ setting. So they get past EU recommendations that way.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have never known dji to block any hack, all their warranties cover the use of hacks if anything goes wrong while using them .
If their software was directly been hacked thats a different matter. Anyways it seems the heat problem is sorted. Incidentally my pocket 1 can reach very high temperature and is still working well .
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-13 12:29

Those release notes are from the previous firmware update. Seems to be someone goofed up a cut and paste :-)
2023-11-14
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 11-14 09:12
Those release notes are from the previous firmware update. Seems to be someone goofed up a cut and paste :-)

Guess I'll look at the previous version's changelog before I post anything regarding changes in the firmware.
2023-11-14
Use props
OviOptiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828323 ft
Romania

I can confirm your findings. Freshly formatted SD-Card. Battery-handle plugged in. 4K60 D-Log M recording for 1 hour & 20 minutes and still ongoing (EU). Screen at 35% always on.
Osmo Pocket getting warm but not uncomfortably to hold. The top though gets really hot. Nothing to be touched for long. Still, in real use case no one would be touching that area. Great work DJI

Is the Pocket 3 bought in Europe?
2023-11-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-14 12:42
Guess I'll look at the previous version's changelog before I post anything regarding changes in the firmware.

: -)

Pure coincidence that I noticed!  The version code looked "off" (missing the decimal before "07") .  I had made a copy of the " .05" notes and was comparing to see if it had done an auto-update... then things started looking familiar :-)
2023-11-14
Use props
lvl.2
Germany

With the new firmware update, I was able to record 100 minutes in 4k60 using the battery grip. I started the recording with fully charged P3 and the battery grip at 54% battery. I stopped the recording by myself after 100 minutes , the camera for sure could have recorded until the battery is empty, or the memory card is full.
I recorded in the car while driving, the temperature inside the car was exactly 22°.
Before the update, the P3 has stopped the recording after 18 minutes in 4K 60, I live in the EU.
Great improvement, DJI, thank you!
IMG_4317.jpeg
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

212 Posted at 11-15 00:34
With the new firmware update, I was able to record 100 minutes in 4k60 using the battery grip. I started the recording with fully charged P3 and the battery grip at 54% battery. I stopped the recording by myself after 100 minutes , the camera for sure could have recorded until the battery is empty, or the memory card is full.
I recorded in the car while driving, the temperature inside the car was exactly 22°.
Before the update, the P3 has stopped the recording after 18 minutes in 4K 60, I live in the EU.

Cheers thank you for posting. It’s great it was fixed so fast.
2023-11-15
Use props
lvl.2
Germany

Update for all who wants to charge the camera while long recordings: today I made another test recording while charging the Pocket 3. I didn’t use the battery grip, I’ve charged the camera directly over the USB-C port with a 30 W charger while recording
. After 102 minutes of 4K 60 recording, I stopped the recording from myself. This is absolutely awesome, thanks DJI!
(I live in the EU)
IMG_4324.jpeg
2023-11-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

212 Posted at 11-15 11:24
Update for all who wants to charge the camera while long recordings: today I made another test recording while charging the Pocket 3. I didn’t use the battery grip, I’ve charged the camera directly over the USB-C port with a 30 W charger while recording
. After 102 minutes of 4K 60 recording, I stopped the recording from myself. This is absolutely awesome, thanks DJI!
(I live in the EU)

Great news thanks for doing the test. This is an awesome camera certainly a huge improvement on the pocket 2.
2023-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2023-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now