Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear all,

Here is the thing: We usually take off about three feet away. But let's assume we want to land 100 feet away from we took off. Then, I wonder if there is a restriction taking back off from that far away.

Does anybody have ever tried that? Assuming we have excellent signal and no obstruction between the home point and the drone.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Have all a nice and safe flight.

V
2023-11-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

As long as you have comms with the drone 'far' away, it is possible to land and take off again.

cheers
JJB
2023-11-14
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Wherever You have signal
2023-11-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem with remote landing is that, for many reasons, the drone may not be able to take off again ..... so be very careful about where you try it.
2023-11-14
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I landed up on a ridge road about 500 meters away and 100 meters up. Would not take off. Had to climb up there and fetch it.
2023-11-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dogpilot Posted at 11-14 19:23
I landed up on a ridge road about 500 meters away and 100 meters up. Would not take off. Had to climb up there and fetch it.

and why wasn`t it possible?  what happend ?

cheers
JJB
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As long as the drone is connected to the controller, it can be controlled to take off or land. Please note that you cannot see the take-off environment of the drone whether the ground is flat or if there are people around the area who might be in danger from the propellers therefore, the risks are high when doing this task. It is recommended to take off within visual range to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-15
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

It landed. I shut down the motors. Had Visual. Didn't want to re-start. I can always use an annoying steep climb up a cinder cone. I could have taken the road, but the car was quite some distance as well. It was a nice open landing area. So I do not bother anymore. Just yesterday I was considering landing near a dynamic photo opportunity. I am a geologist, so I am out in the middle of nowhere a lot. The BNSF railroad runs nearby and over an impressive cross gorge span. Well the trains run infrequenltly and they are moving along at a decent clip when they run. So Ideally I would like to drop the drone on the ground near the span, vice fly it back to my location, a 5 min transit. No humans for 25 kilometers in all directions. Yet after my other experience, I have no desire to land it out of my short walking distance.  This is what it looks like from my aircraft. I can at least chase the trains down with it, aspect from the air is not quite the same as the drone.

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://ibb.co/ZxyBHXB%5D[/url][/img]
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_HCB99NWQdukq
New
Flight distance : 686 ft
Italy

Please, how do you activate auxiliary led when in flight?
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HCB99NWQdukq Posted at 11-19 01:30
Please, how do you activate auxiliary led when in flight?

Hello there. May I know what drone are you using? You can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, and go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”. EU countries do not apply to this. The auxiliary bottom light is set to "Auto" by default, which cannot be set by users. So there is no "Auxiliary LED" option in the DJI Fly App. Have a great day.
2023-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules