DJI policies on orders
12Next >
3081 66 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

I ordered a M4P last Friday & was told it will take 24 hrs to process & then ship.  When I asked about my order Saturday, I was told it takes 24 hrs and will receive an e-mail regarding order & eta for shipment.

Today, I received an e-mail (below) which I considered unfounded and refused to send the "required" information.  Was told to send copy of bank statement and also proof of purchase with my credit card.  At 1st, I asked via live chat & was told it wasn't policy to ask for such information & toward the end of convo, the guy asked "so, you're stating you refuse to send this required information?"  REALLY??  I said there's no way I'll send anything personal to a China company.  I called the Ca office & they said it wasn't their policy and will report this to their "expediting team".  What a joke.
Someone ismsupposed to be calling me today, doubt if they will.

This really isn't a dji policy, is it?

Dear Valued Customer,
Good day to you.
Due to DJI policy, your recent purchase requires verification to be completed. Please provide one of the following to confirm your details:
1) If you paid with a non-business (personal) credit card:
- A scanned copy of your bank statement with your address and credit card transaction, or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.
2) If you paid with a business credit card:
- Company information (company name, office address, office phone number, website, etc.), or
- Other information that you believe can prove that it is indeed you who made this payment.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Online Payment Support1: [url=mailtonlinepayment@dji.com]onlinepayment@dji.com[/url]
Online  Sales  Support:  support@dji.com
Company aJiang Innovation Co.Ltd ( DJI )
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

2023-11-20
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

It’s SPAM probably tracking your email address. Lookup telephone number for DJI and call them, don’t call any number provided in emails, and don’t respond to any addresses given in the message.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-20 12:07
It’s SPAM probably tracking your email address. Lookup telephone number for DJI and call them, don’t call any number provided in emails, and don’t respond to any addresses given in the message.

I did call them & they said it wasn't their e-mail.

Unfortunately, I did reply (wasn't thinking) & told them i wasn't sending them squat.  I should perform a virus check.
2023-11-20
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 12:18
I did call them & they said it wasn't their e-mail.

Unfortunately, I did reply (wasn't thinking) & told them i wasn't sending them squat.  I should perform a virus check.

You’re ok, because they had just grabbed your email address. It catches you by surprise and you react. Take a deep breath and relax. This site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is where you can see if your email addresses have been hacked from a site where you used them. Two of mine are “in the wild” and constantly get SPAM.  You did the right thing by not complying.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-20 12:47
You’re ok, because they had just grabbed your email address. It catches you by surprise and you react. Take a deep breath and relax. This site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is where you can see if your email addresses have been hacked from a site where you used them. Two of mine are “in the wild” and constantly get SPAM.  You did the right thing by not complying.

Well, it was a pretty dumb request.  Also, the link didn't show anything.  Just went through a loop & nothing.
But, another question....if I ordered last friday & they need 24 hrs to process, why wouldn't they even have it as a "proccessing" mode?
When I talked to guy on phone, he said they'll ned 24 hrs to process and said he sent to expedited team.
2023-11-20
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 13:11
Well, it was a pretty dumb request.  Also, the link didn't show anything.  Just went through a loop & nothing.
But, another question....if I ordered last friday & they need 24 hrs to process, why wouldn't they even have it as a "proccessing" mode?
When I talked to guy on phone, he said they'll ned 24 hrs to process and said he sent to expedited team.

Are you in the US? Not much will happen over the weekend, it depended when they processed the order on Friday. Wait a day or so…. Patience grasshopper!

They are busy with the season right now too.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-20 14:49
Are you in the US? Not much will happen over the weekend, it depended when they processed the order on Friday. Wait a day or so…. Patience grasshopper!

They are busy with the season right now too.

In US.  I'm in Az which about 350 miles from the Ca store.
I just chatted with some guy in live chat & they didn't have my information.  They said they're still waiting for my bank statement and/or drivers license proving it's me so I said that'll never happen.

Why the hell do they care who I am?  My credit card wasn't flagged as stolen & dji will get their money, end of story.
2023-11-20
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 15:14
I just chatted with some guy in live chat & they didn't have my information.  They said they're still waiting for my bank statement and/or drivers license proving it's me so I said that'll never happen.

I would call my credit card company and ask them if there was a problem if it were me.
2023-11-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://store.dji.com/lv/pages/help-center-payment

"For your protection, orders are subject to DJI's verification procedure. You may be asked to verify that you are the card owner or that the order information is legitimate. DJI reserves the right to refuse an order if the order or payment information is not verifiable. If so, a refund will be issued via the same method you used to make your payment."
2023-11-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 15:14

This is only proof of payment.  What are you afraid of?  

They have already received your account number and the name associated with this account when you made the payment.  

This is simply to verify that you are indeed the author of the payment.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-20 15:26
I would call my credit card company and ask them if there was a problem if it were me.

There isn't a problem.  Bought groceries today, all good.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-20 15:33
This is only proof of payment.  What are you afraid of?  

They have already received your account number and the name associated with this account when you made the payment.  

There you go!  They have my account # so all that needs to be done is be electronically verified.  Fright has nothing to do with it.

There is no proof of payment since it hasn't been charged, yet.  And what's up with needing a bank statement?  Again, will never happen.  I always use my credit card, never have I been questioned.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-20 15:29
https://store.dji.com/lv/pages/help-center-payment

"For your protection, orders are subject to DJI's verification procedure. You may be asked to verify that you are the card owner or that the order information is legitimate. DJI reserves the right to refuse an order if the order or payment information is not verifiable. If so, a refund will be issued via the same method you used to make your payment."

My protection is my credit card.  If there is questionable activity, I'll tell my card company to freeze that transaction and my credit card is verifiable.
As I indicated, earlier, what difference would it make?  Dji is getting their money & China doesn't care who the money comes from, right?
If dji decides to reject my card, I just won't buy from dji.  This drone isn't a do or die deal, more money for me.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us your order number? We will confirm with our teams.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-20 17:39
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us your order number? We will confirm with our teams.

I sent via Sent pm
2023-11-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 16:08
There you go!  They have my account # so all that needs to be done is be electronically verified.  Fright has nothing to do with it.

There is no proof of payment since it hasn't been charged, yet.  And what's up with needing a bank statement?  Again, will never happen.  I always use my credit card, never have I been questioned.

Look at it this way, if somoene else managed to get hold of your card details and bought a new dji drone, would you want DJI to do their due diligence and request additional proof or to just send the thief a new drone using your details?
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Bashy Posted at 11-20 18:42
Look at it this way, if somoene else managed to get hold of your card details and bought a new dji drone, would you want DJI to do their due diligence and request additional proof or to just send the thief a new drone using your details?

It really wouldn't matter to me.  I wouldn't be charged for the drone since the cc company would reverse the charge.If dji did this to every transaction, they wouldn't many sales.

Besides, my card would be cancelled & new one issued.
2023-11-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-20 18:47
It really wouldn't matter to me.  I wouldn't be charged for the drone since the cc company would reverse the charge.If dji did this to every transaction, they wouldn't many sales.

Besides, my card would be cancelled & new one issued.

Really? if my card got nobbled and i had to cancel it, its a decent inconvenience for me, i have to change details with multiple companies, details in my samsung pay, google pay, chrome details and so on and i always forget at least one when i find the sub has cancelled.

I would rather it not happen in the 1st place, therefore, compaines such as DJI doing their due diligence before a large purchase is made is a damn good thing, for me and them, not so good for the scammers.

But hey, its up to you, prove its you and get ya drone or dont...
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you. We have received and told our teams.
2023-11-21
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-21 00:38
Really? if my card got nobbled and i had to cancel it, its a decent inconvenience for me, i have to change details with multiple companies, details in my samsung pay, google pay, chrome details and so on and i always forget at least one when i find the sub has cancelled.

I would rather it not happen in the 1st place, therefore, compaines such as DJI doing their due diligence before a large purchase is made is a damn good thing, for me and them, not so good for the scammers.

I think it’s more the manner in which DJI communicates with customers. With the language differences that email appeared like spam to me and I don’t know if I would’ve responded to it. We all receive tons of spam every day.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Really? if my card got nobbled and i had to cancel it, its a decent inconvenience for me, i have to change details with multiple companies, details in my samsung pay, google pay, chrome details and so on and i always forget at least one when i find the sub has cancelled.

I have 2 cards so if one gets canceled I have a backup.  I also don't have google Pay, Samsung Pay (or whatever you have).  Yes, it's an inconvenience & i'd never want this to happen as well but if it did hapoen, such as life & I get over it.  
I also have Lifelock which protects me and I get a text for any kind of activity on my card, whatever the charge is, regardless how small the transaction.
As i mentioned earlier, I know for a fact that dji doesn't do this to every customer and if they did, they would't be in business for long.  Not everyone wants to submit copies of their bank statement and  cc transacrion for a normal purchase.  It's not like they're applying for a loan or anything.  Think of it, it's a china based company.  China knows what you're flying, what time of day you're flying, and where you're flying.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Really? if my card got nobbled and i had to cancel it, its a decent inconvenience for me, i have to change details with multiple companies, details in my samsung pay, google pay, chrome details and so on and i always forget at least one when i find the sub has cancelled.

I probably won't and get american made.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-21 03:13
Thank you. We have received and told our teams.

Thank you!
2023-11-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 04:18
I probably won't and get american made.

You wont get the same quality for the same price, if youre bothered about the info they may or may not have or even use, why buy in the 1st place?
2023-11-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-21 03:33
I think it’s more the manner in which DJI communicates with customers. With the language differences that email appeared like spam to me and I don’t know if I would’ve responded to it. We all receive tons of spam every day.

Yeah, there is deffo a language barrier, they really should have a better translation consultant.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Bashy Posted at 11-21 04:25
You wont get the same quality for the same price, if youre bothered about the info they may or may not have or even use, why buy in the 1st place?

Sure I can get same quality.  Dji doesn't have a monopoly on this..
2023-11-21
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 04:27
Sure I can get same quality.  Dji doesn't have a monopoly on this..

I believe DJI makes the most sophisticated drone for the price point. GNSS and auto-pilot alone these are beautiful aircraft. There is a lot of programming “under the hood” here. And, when coupled with  an inexpensive, inclusive warranty it’s a great package.

You can buy what you want, but don’t be put off by a stumble or two with the purchase.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-21 05:47
I believe DJI makes the most sophisticated drone for the price point. GNSS and auto-pilot alone these are beautiful aircraft. There is a lot of programming “under the hood” here. And, when coupled with  an inexpensive, inclusive warranty it’s a great package.

You can buy what you want, but don’t be put off by a stumble or two with the purchase.

Yes, agree they have a good product.  There's no argument, there.  They also produce the best international spy equipment as well.  
My order went through together with concession for my troubles.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Bashy Posted at 11-21 04:25

Why not bother?  In US, it's a democracy & you can do what you want.
2023-11-21
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 05:52
Yes, agree they have a good product.  There's no argument, there.  They also produce the best international spy equipment as well.  

Good news. I’ll stick to discussing drones here.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-21 05:59
Good news. I’ll stick to discussing drones here.

Indeed.
I just wished folks here weren't blinded by dji policy.  Dji pushes a little to the extreme side of things with their policies.
2023-11-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 05:52

"the best international spy equipment"

Can you explain?
2023-11-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 06:28
Indeed.
I just wished folks here weren't blinded by dji policy.  Dji pushes a little to the extreme side of things with their policies.

I had a similar issue with a German company once before, but they also asked for a personal identification (driver Licence, passport....)

I obviously refused and told them to cancel the order and to refund my money...

I explained to them that while they can have as many company policies as they wish, I also have consumer rights...

Got my order delivered within two weeks after that...

Bottom line is that they can ask if they wish, but that is still simply a request, not the law and it is not required to fulfil an online purchase, otherwise everyone would do it...

If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it, ask for an immediate refund and buy your drone elsewhere....
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-21 14:46
I had a similar issue with a German company once before, but they also asked for a personal identification (driver Licence, passport....)

I obviously refused and told them to cancel the order and to refund my money...

As i stated, i bluntly refused to provide anything.  I just told them i'm not sending ANY personal info, period.

Don't care if it's commerce or anything, it's a personal matter.
2023-11-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-21 15:52
As i stated, i bluntly refused to provide anything.  I just told them i'm not sending ANY personal info, period.

Don't care if it's commerce or anything, it's a personal matter.

I completely agree with you...

Did you get your money back already?
2023-11-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

For sure, you wont get any more details from me.  But I wouldn't care what a thief does; cant worry about them.  It's not the responsibility of all the merchants all over to world to try to catch thieves or put a dent in crime0.  Make a reasonable effort is all can be expected.  If you have questions, just deny the sale and move on.  I don't like companies that try to pry and then claim they are helping to prevent crime....that's b.s.  Asking for details like that don't put a dent in crime, it's only inconvenience the honest buyers.  Let the banks fight the crime.  I have had dozens of fraudulent charges, never paid a dime; can't let it slow me down.  It takes me about an hour of my time to recover from a minor "incident."  I've never had a serious incident tho.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-21 16:36
I completely agree with you...

Did you get your money back already?

What do you mean?  Transaction was a credit card & nothing charged yet.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

The Saint Posted at 11-21 18:06
For sure, you wont get any more details from me.  But I wouldn't care what a thief does; cant worry about them.  It's not the responsibility of all the merchants all over to world to try to catch thieves or put a dent in crime0.  Make a reasonable effort is all can be expected.  If you have questions, just deny the sale and move on.  I don't like companies that try to pry and then claim they are helping to prevent crime....that's b.s.  Asking for details like that don't put a dent in crime, it's only inconvenience the honest buyers.  Let the banks fight the crime.  I have had dozens of fraudulent charges, never paid a dime; can't let it slow me down.  It takes me about an hour of my time to recover from a minor "incident."  I've never had a serious incident tho.

Hence; benefit of having credit card over pay pal or any other ... cash shemes
2023-11-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its no different to your credit card or bank phoning you up to make sure its using spending the money, not only do DJI want to prevent you card from being fraudulently used, it also prevents them from being out of pocket too, whilst yes, they can disable a stolen or fraudulently bought product, that still leaves them out of pocket.

What anyone decides to do is up to them, me, i would have provided the relevant information to prove it was me, much the same as i do with my bank, I also have 2 factor authentication turned on for my main shopping sites, PayPal, eBay, Amazon etc. If we can make it harder for the thieves then I'm all for it and hey, it works, you decided not to go ahead, whilst youre probably cosher, it still works ;)
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Bashy Posted at 11-22 04:16
Its no different to your credit card or bank phoning you up to make sure its using spending the money, not only do DJI want to prevent you card from being fraudulently used, it also prevents them from being out of pocket too, whilst yes, they can disable a stolen or fraudulently bought product, that still leaves them out of pocket.

What anyone decides to do is up to them, me, i would have provided the relevant information to prove it was me, much the same as i do with my bank, I also have 2 factor authentication turned on for my main shopping sites, PayPal, eBay, Amazon etc. If we can make it harder for the thieves then I'm all for it and hey, it works, you decided not to go ahead, whilst youre probably cosher, it still works ;)

Dij's policy is ludicrous & stop bring up this topic.  Is a communist chinese company after your personal information.  

They can care a less about protecting your information or what you order.
2023-11-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules