How do firmware updates work?
987 4 2023-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've had my Osmo Pocket 3 for a few weeks and, although I haven't used it much, I successfully updated the firmware from whatever it shipped with to version 01.01.08.50 based on a prompt to do so in the MIMO app. Now I've noticed that firmware 01.01.08.70 has been released to fix some 'minor bugs'. I haven't had any problems but at the same time minor bugs are something I'd rather avoid, so why is the app not prompting me to update or how do I perform the update regardless?
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To update the firmware of the unit, connect Osmo Pocket 3 to the DJI Mimo app for a firmware update. If new firmware is available, you will be notified by DJI Mimo. Update the firmware according to the on-screen instructions. Make sure that the battery level of the camera is over 15% before updating the firmware. The update takes approximately 2 minutes. If you still haven't received the prompt, please double check the firmware version you are using, and reinstall the DJI Mimo to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the mimo app goto profile, settings (top right) and tick auto firmware download. No when your on wifi and you connect the camera it should check for updates and let you download V01.01.0870

2023-11-21
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 07:28
In the mimo app goto profile, settings (top right) and tick auto firmware download. No when your on wifi and you connect the camera it should check for updates and let you download V01.01.0870

[view_image]

Thank you, that setting was already on, so presumably i did that earlier. I tried to turn it off and on again but I could not turn off ' Auto Firmware Download via Wi-Fi' even after restarting my phone. I then noticed that nothing responds on the Settings page of the app when connected to my Pocket 3. Three sequential dots under 'Privacy' suggests something is happening but nowhere else responds until a couple of minutes after I turn off the Pocket 3. The app connects to the camera okay and works fine until I go into Settings.

When I updated the first time, the MIMO app did prompt me to do it but only after I had used the app 4 or 5 times. I assumed the update must have been released that day but now I'm wondering if my Android phone may be causing an intermittent issue. When I get a chance I'll try using someone else's phone but thanks for the advice.
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TooDeep Posted at 11-22 00:02
Thank you, that setting was already on, so presumably i did that earlier. I tried to turn it off and on again but I could not turn off ' Auto Firmware Download via Wi-Fi' even after restarting my phone. I then noticed that nothing responds on the Settings page of the app when connected to my Pocket 3. Three sequential dots under 'Privacy' suggests something is happening but nowhere else responds until a couple of minutes after I turn off the Pocket 3. The app connects to the camera okay and works fine until I go into Settings.

When I updated the first time, the MIMO app did prompt me to do it but only after I had used the app 4 or 5 times. I assumed the update must have been released that day but now I'm wondering if my Android phone may be causing an intermittent issue. When I get a chance I'll try using someone else's phone but thanks for the advice.

Perhaps try deleting the app and reinstalling from the DJI Download centre.  
2023-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules