Can't leave custom unlocked zone - bug?
417 3 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raziel89
lvl.1

Poland

Hello,
I have noticed strange thing. I do monthly photo documentation of a road reconstruction with my Air 2S. The road is about 9 km, and there is a small piece of it where I have to unlock a custom zone to fly there. The problem is  when I take off my drone behind the custom unlocked zone and I fly into that zone again - and then I cannot leave it, drone meets a virtual wall. For me it looks like a kind of bug, because the area is already unlocked, so why can't i fly into it again?
I hope I described my problem clearly, sorry for my english ;)
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We recommend you contact our team directly at flysafe@dji.com for proper assistance regarding this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-25
Use props
PhantomDj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98507 ft

Greece

It's not a bug. Documentation says that once you enter a custom unlocked area you can't fly outside it "for security reasons"
This is by design and applies on all DJI drones AFAIK.
Whether or not this is a true security issue or not I do not know. But it's not a bug since it's clearly documented on your drone's manual.
2023-11-27
Use props
Raziel89
lvl.1

Poland

PhantomDj Posted at 11-27 14:27
It's not a bug. Documentation says that once you enter a custom unlocked area you can't fly outside it "for security reasons"
This is by design and applies on all DJI drones AFAIK.
Whether or not this is a true security issue or not I do not know. But it's not a bug since it's clearly documented on your drone's manual.

Ok, I understand.
In my case it's a small problem - it could make sense if a requested area is smaller than the whole "red zone". In my case I fly and film above the road, through the whole red area, and the blue one doesn't need special DJI permission. so now I can't maintain video continuity because of stopovers.
I've got an email from DJI with a workaround proposal, to unlock a much bigger zone, which is including red and both blue areas. That's not solving the problem but it's better than nothing

2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules