2 things I hate & 1 thing I LOVE about DJI Pocket 3
12Next >
856 52 2023-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Why Sit Home?
lvl.4
Montenegro

2 things I hate & 1 thing I LOVE about DJI Pocket 3:https://youtube.com/shorts/wPFHAYxWPBE
2023-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine doesn't get stuck in the vertical mode so that may be a fault in only your unit.  It is really nice that OP3 doesn't divide big files like the OP2 did.  
2023-11-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On balance, you seem to love it though
2023-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All SD Slots are going this way now it seems.   
2023-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Can't comment on the first issue as I don't have the Pocket 3 myself. The SD card slot was similar on the Pocket 2, and it can indeed be a little tricky to lock it into position or get it out, I think there should have been a small recess next to the card slot to make it more easier to operate with a finger. As for the file split, it depends on the point of view. While I would have originally preferred for one big file per recording, and it does speed up post-processing and easens some other things as well, I can see the advantage of multiple files in cases some of the recording gets corrupted (you only lose one section of the video instead of the whole file), and I've learnt to live with the process of combining the multiple clips into one longer one in the post.
2023-11-28
Use props
Why Sit Home?
lvl.4
Montenegro

HGDC84 Posted at 11-28 07:17
Can't comment on the first issue as I don't have the Pocket 3 myself. The SD card slot was similar on the Pocket 2, and it can indeed be a little tricky to lock it into position or get it out, I think there should have been a small recess next to the card slot to make it more easier to operate with a finger. As for the file split, it depends on the point of view. While I would have originally preferred for one big file per recording, and it does speed up post-processing and easens some other things as well, I can see the advantage of multiple files in cases some of the recording gets corrupted (you only lose one section of the video instead of the whole file), and I've learnt to live with the process of combining the multiple clips into one longer one in the post.

Thanks for your opinion, you definitely have a point there. As for the P2, I never had a problem inserting or getting the card out of the slot. On the P3 it just seems to have become deeper so it's harder to access.
2023-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Why Sit Home? Posted at 11-28 10:02
Thanks for your opinion, you definitely have a point there. As for the P2, I never had a problem inserting or getting the card out of the slot. On the P3 it just seems to have become deeper so it's harder to access.

If the card slot is deeper on the Pocket 3 then I can easily see how it becomes a problem. It's not always easy on Pocket 2, and deepening it is a surefire way to make it worse.
2023-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 2023-11-27 06:00
Mine doesn't get stuck in the vertical mode so that may be a fault in only your unit.  It is really nice that OP3 doesn't divide big files like the OP2 did.

I completely missed you getting one
1-8 04:52
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think nr 3 is a great bonus over the P2 indeed!
1-8 04:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 04:52
I completely missed you getting one

Yeah, I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade from the used P2 I had.  I love the rotatable screen and the larger sensor is great.  I'm still playing with it to figure out all the different features.
1-8 06:40
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 06:40
Yeah, I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade from the used P2 I had.  I love the rotatable screen and the larger sensor is great.  I'm still playing with it to figure out all the different features.

Nice one.
Now I want one too
1-8 07:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 07:10
Nice one.
Now I want one too

Originally, I wasn't going to upgrade but he YT influencers made me give in .  

Initially, I was looking for just the OP3 but when I got to BestBuy all they had that day was the Creator Combo and didn't expect to receive anymore basic kits for 3-4 weeks.  Now I'm glad I went with the Creater Combo as I like the Mic 2 and the battery handle that came with it.

1-8 07:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 07:51
Originally, I wasn't going to upgrade but he YT influencers made me give in .  

Initially, I was looking for just the OP3 but when I got to BestBuy all they had that day was the Creator Combo and didn't expect to receive anymore basic kits for 3-4 weeks.  Now I'm glad I went with the Creater Combo as I like the Mic 2 and the battery handle that came with it.

Yeah, in this case, I'm also looking into getting that combo.
1-8 08:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 08:06
Yeah, in this case, I'm also looking into getting that combo.

To me it was well worth the additional cost.  
1-9 08:34
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 08:34
To me it was well worth the additional cost.

I think so too. Also for my channel (which is a great excuse to get more gear)
1-9 12:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 12:50
I think so too. Also for my channel (which is a great excuse to get more gear)

True as you always want to grow you channel as much as possible.  
1-10 02:50
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 02:50
True as you always want to grow you channel as much as possible.

But the truth is also that new gear does not really contribute to that (enough to justify that as a reason).
1-10 03:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-10 03:27
But the truth is also that new gear does not really contribute to that (enough to justify that as a reason).

Sometimes better equipment means better material being captured and thereby bringing more people to your channel to view it.  
1-10 04:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 04:19
Sometimes better equipment means better material being captured and thereby bringing more people to your channel to view it.

I think the entertainment factor lacks in my channel, so I have to make it informative.
Those videos do quite well.
1-10 07:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-10 07:04
I think the entertainment factor lacks in my channel, so I have to make it informative.
Those videos do quite well.

Informative works for me but I can see how many would prefer the entertainment factor.  Bottom line is you can't please everybody all of the time.  
1-11 03:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 03:53
Informative works for me but I can see how many would prefer the entertainment factor.  Bottom line is you can't please everybody all of the time.

Very true. So I try to please myself with making the videos
1-11 04:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 04:06
Very true. So I try to please myself with making the videos

That's a good attitude to have.  If you are happy with the product an that product pleases and helps others then you have been successful.  
1-11 04:10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 04:10
That's a good attitude to have.  If you are happy with the product an that product pleases and helps others then you have been successful.

I think so too. Anything else is a bonus.
1-11 05:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 05:46
I think so too. Anything else is a bonus.

Couldn't agree more.

Had another day of strong winds here so I "beat" on the drums a while and then made two trips to the pistol range.  One was early morning and I just came back from the second trip.  
1-11 14:23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 14:23
Couldn't agree more.

Had another day of strong winds here so I "beat" on the drums a while and then made two trips to the pistol range.  One was early morning and I just came back from the second trip.

That is nice.
Here the windows are going in as we speak.
1-11 23:34
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 23:34
That is nice.
Here the windows are going in as we speak.

Windows going in is great news!    Time for another video opportunity.
1-12 04:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5395994 ft
  • >>>
United States

good to know.
1-12 06:12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 04:03
Windows going in is great news!    Time for another video opportunity.

Yeah, will take some time.
1-12 06:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-12 06:47
Yeah, will take some time.

I didn't figure you'd get them in all at once.  Just nice that they are starting to be installed.  Progress in action.
1-12 10:54
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 10:54
I didn't figure you'd get them in all at once.  Just nice that they are starting to be installed.  Progress in action.

Yes very much. Next Wednesday he will continue.
1-12 13:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-12 13:43
Yes very much. Next Wednesday he will continue.

Okay.  Are you installing them or having somebody else install them or is it a combined effort?
1-13 05:55
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-13 05:55
Okay.  Are you installing them or having somebody else install them or is it a combined effort?

The carpenter is installing them.
All the glass is in, but we still need to do the grilles. (those wooden things that separate the glass into multiple panes) and he forgot to bring the right double sided tape.
So he moved on to the front door, which also needed to get replaced and will be back on Wednesday (if the tape is in) and after that I can do the sealing.
I have been working on sealing the gaps between the old and new wood today. And helping the middle one with her math test.....
1-13 10:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-13 10:23
The carpenter is installing them.
All the glass is in, but we still need to do the grilles. (those wooden things that separate the glass into multiple panes) and he forgot to bring the right double sided tape.
So he moved on to the front door, which also needed to get replaced and will be back on Wednesday (if the tape is in) and after that I can do the sealing.

Hopefully, the tape will come in and he can finish up on Wednesday.  Then you can work on all the sealing that still needs to be done.  

My youngest grandson had a test coming up in math and ask me for some pointers.  I took a look at his math book and was surprised at the method they use now to solve problems.  I told him I could show him shortcuts to the methods that I learned but if he has to show his work his teacher wouldn't like my old school method.  He took the test and finished before any of the other students and got all 25 answers correct.  Unfortunately for him, the teacher took off 10 points for not using her newer method.  He asked her why he should spend so much extra time working a problem when he can get the correct answers and be done 5 minutes before the next student is done.  She said because that is what the curriculum calls for.  So now I'm very careful when he needs help.  
1-14 03:50
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 03:50
Hopefully, the tape will come in and he can finish up on Wednesday.  Then you can work on all the sealing that still needs to be done.  

My youngest grandson had a test coming up in math and ask me for some pointers.  I took a look at his math book and was surprised at the method they use now to solve problems.  I told him I could show him shortcuts to the methods that I learned but if he has to show his work his teacher wouldn't like my old school method.  He took the test and finished before any of the other students and got all 25 answers correct.  Unfortunately for him, the teacher took off 10 points for not using her newer method.  He asked her why he should spend so much extra time working a problem when he can get the correct answers and be done 5 minutes before the next student is done.  She said because that is what the curriculum calls for.  So now I'm very careful when he needs help.

The main issue with here is reading the question. She only reads half.
1-14 05:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-14 05:10
The main issue with here is reading the question. She only reads half.

Yeah, that would cause not properly comprehending the problem for sure.  When I was in school we were always taught to read the entire questions, read the choices and then reread the question before selecting a choice.  Took a bit more time but helped to understand what they question was asking.

One of our Physical Education Teachers and Coach was filling in for a Math teacher one week when we had a quiz come up.  He wrote on the board before the exam - RTFQ.  We were wondering what that meant but nobody asked.   

1-14 08:05
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 08:05
Yeah, that would cause not properly comprehending the problem for sure.  When I was in school we were always taught to read the entire questions, read the choices and then reread the question before selecting a choice.  Took a bit more time but helped to understand what they question was asking.

One of our Physical Education Teachers and Coach was filling in for a Math teacher one week when we had a quiz come up.  He wrote on the board before the exam - RTFQ.  We were wondering what that meant but nobody asked.

Yeah, indeed. That was our method too.
1-14 08:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-14 08:32
Yeah, indeed. That was our method too.

After working great for so many years not sure why they introduced new learning methods.  
1-14 09:34
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-14 09:34
After working great for so many years not sure why they introduced new learning methods.

Maybe because some people live from changing things
1-14 13:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-14 13:18
Maybe because some people live from changing things

You make a good point.  
1-15 05:22