Built in obsolescence? How long do Osmo Pockets last?
328 2 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I wonder if products like the Pocket series with fixed internal batteries have a lifespan? -  after a couple of years the voltage drops to such a level rendering the gimbal and other functions inoperable? My Pocket 2 has had a gradual deterioration in gimbal stability over the past year and now told as it is out of warranty and 3 months after care refresh I may as well bin it or I have been told, pay for a full repair.

I was interested in getting the Pocket 3 which functionally is nice, but to be honest I don't want to have a dead unit in 2025/6, meaning the battery is depleted (much like drone batteries - I am so fed up with replacing those every year or two) ... so this starts to be a rental model. Rent a Pocket 3 for 2 years for $50 a month ... pay upfront for 2 years (combo $1200)  then throw it away ...

Is this really the age of obsolescence ... ?  What do DJi quote as being the lifespan of internal fixed battery products? Thoughts

2023-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

That is a good question. I would prefer a user-replaceable battery. Or, if possible at all (though I doubt it isn't), having the chance to use standard-spec batteries (such as double- or triple-A's) instead of manufacturer's own proprietary ones.
2023-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The original osmo mobiles had a separate battery, like the drones. This was the best solution for 'us' consumers.
1-8 05:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules