Mimo Connection Fails.
1981 8 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

I rarely use the Mimo app with my P3 but every time I do it finds the P3 and then fails to connect.
"Connection Failed. Change in Wi-Fi password detected for DJI device. Do the following, then try connecting again..."

Disabling WLAN and reenabling doesn't work. Only thing that works is to uninstall and reinstall the Mimo app. Then it connects.
Next time I open it, it fails.

Any suggestions?

2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MartianSunset. Sorry about the trouble.  Please check whether the DJI Mimo app installed on the mobile phone is the latest version and whether all permissions relating to location information, GPS location, etc. have been enabled. You can also swipe down → Settings → Wireless Connection → Reset Wi-Fi → Reset on your Pocket 3 and try connecting again after the reset.
If you can see your Pocket 3 on your phone's WiFi list, manually connect to the product by tapping its Wi-Fi SSID and entering the password (to check the Wi-Fi SSID and password, swipe down the touch screen, enter the System Settings page, and go to Accessories and Do-It-All Handle/Wireless Module). After connecting to the product, return to the home page of the DJI Mimo app and tap the icon in the top left corner to directly go to the camera view and check the image transmission screen.
If the Pocket 3 is unavailable on the phone's wifi list, try switching to a different frequency band (some mobile phones only support the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The 5.8 GHz frequency band is not supported in countries such as Japan, Israel, etc.)Swipe down → Settings → Wireless Connection → Wi-Fi Frequency → 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz.
If the issue persists after the abovementioned methods have all been tried, it is recommended to conduct cross-tests with another mobile phone.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-29
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-29 00:27
Hi, MartianSunset. Sorry about the trouble.  Please check whether the DJI Mimo app installed on the mobile phone is the latest version and whether all permissions relating to location information, GPS location, etc. have been enabled. You can also swipe down → Settings → Wireless Connection → Reset Wi-Fi → Reset on your Pocket 3 and try connecting again after the reset.
If you can see your Pocket 3 on your phone's WiFi list, manually connect to the product by tapping its Wi-Fi SSID and entering the password (to check the Wi-Fi SSID and password, swipe down the touch screen, enter the System Settings page, and go to Accessories and Do-It-All Handle/Wireless Module). After connecting to the product, return to the home page of the DJI Mimo app and tap the icon in the top left corner to directly go to the camera view and check the image transmission screen.
If the Pocket 3 is unavailable on the phone's wifi list, try switching to a different frequency band (some mobile phones only support the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The 5.8 GHz frequency band is not supported in countries such as Japan, Israel, etc.)Swipe down → Settings → Wireless Connection → Wi-Fi Frequency → 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz.

Yes, I am in Japan so 5.8 is greyed out.

Reset the P3 Wi-Fi. Mimo-Connection Failed.
P3 listed on Wi-Fi list on phone. Entered password. Connected. Mimo-Connection Failed.
Changed cellphone band to 2.4GHz. P3 NOT listed.
Switched cellphone back to 5GHz band.
Reset P3 again.
P3 showed up on Wi-Fi list. Entered new password. Connected.
MIMO CONNECTED!

I was then able to download and install latest firmware but I have a feeling when I try to open Mimo again in a few days it will fail. Will post followup.
2023-11-29
Use props
Johnny1409
lvl.1
Flight distance : 627 ft
Japan

I am in Japan and i have a P3 too. Is that mean i can't connect both DJI Mic 2 and Mimo app to P3 at the same time?
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MartianSunset Posted at 11-29 04:42
Yes, I am in Japan so 5.8 is greyed out.

Reset the P3 Wi-Fi. Mimo-Connection Failed.

Awesome. I'm glad it connected. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Johnny1409 Posted at 11-29 22:28
I am in Japan and i have a P3 too. Is that mean i can't connect both DJI Mic 2 and Mimo app to P3 at the same time?

Hi, Johnny1409. The frequency band of the DJI Mic 2 Transmitters is 2.4GHz, so the Pocket 3 can only connect to both DJI Mimo and a DJI Mic 2 Transmitter when the device is set to maintain a frequency band of 5.8GHz. Have a nice day.
2023-12-2
Use props
MJ1975
New

Romania

This is hands down the worst piece of kit I have ever wasted money on.  It simply WILL NOT CONNECT to my phone.  I have changed frequency.  I have reset and changed passwords. I have uninstalled and reinstalled apps.  I have followed every single 'solution' posted on this forum and it STILL WILL NOT CONNECT to my Samsung Ultra.  I have just about given up on it.
3-15 01:54
Use props
Roger Sibaja
New

United States

Had the same problem, been working on it for two day.  This is what worked for me.  I have the Nordvpn app on my phone.  If you have a VPN app - disable it, won't work with it on.
5-14 12:19
Use props
djiuser_dyJJeq7z5C3g
New

Japan

Same problem here. Im in Japan, switched to 2.4Ghz and worked
5-15 09:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules