Can't install Mimo App (Android 11)
3896 8 2023-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

I managed to get a "new" phone in preparation of my pocket 3.

I dowloaded the APKs, both of them, the current and the one for Android less 8.0 from https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo.
The current one failed to install with the error message and the one for Android 8 just hangs.

Screenshot_20231204-180509.png

This is the phone, LG K51. I know it is not in the supported list, but I have no other device. I have an old iPad, but no iPad is on the supported devices either.

Screenshot_20231204-180547.jpg

So no go for me on the Pocket 3 now?  The phone is set to allow installing from unknown sources.

Thanks
Matt
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Can you please try the methods below and see if it will help?
1. Go to the mobile phone’s “System Settings” and find “Installing an Unknown Application”. Enable the “Allow application installation from this source” switch.
2. If the “Installing an Unknown Application” setting has been enabled, redownload and install the app from the DJI official website.
3. If the DJI Mimo app cannot be installed from the browser, try to find the APK file of the DJI Mimo in the File Manager for installation. (Alternatively, re-download the installation package, and move it to the device’s internal storage root directly for installation.)
4. Check whether the network/device has the permissions for the DJI app (some networks or systems have no permissions for the DJI app, and the DJI app may not be installed, and some customized devices have not obtained the permissions for the DJI app).
Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-4
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 20:22
Hi there. Can you please try the methods below and see if it will help?
1. Go to the mobile phone’s “System Settings” and find “Installing an Unknown Application”. Enable the “Allow application installation from this source” switch.
2. If the “Installing an Unknown Application” setting has been enabled, redownload and install the app from the DJI official website.

Thanks, I already did steps 1-3. I also redownloaded the APKs on the PC and then moved them to the phone.

I don’t know about step 4 (or your step 5), the app is not installed so how can I check networking permissions for it?

Thanks
  Matt
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd7752764 Posted at 12-4 20:31
Thanks, I already did steps 1-3. I also redownloaded the APKs on the PC and then moved them to the phone.

I don’t know about step 4 (or your step 5), the app is not installed so how can I check networking permissions for it?

Hi, Matt. It has been confirmed that your LG K51 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. It is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website. iPad is also not compatible but this thread might help as some users say it works based on their experience: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174526-1-1.html . We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-5 01:03
Hi, Matt. It has been confirmed that your LG K51 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. It is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website. iPad is also not compatible but this thread might help as some users say it works based on their experience: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174526-1-1.html . We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I tried loading the app meant for Android 8 on my XiaoMi 4 with MIUI's equivalent of Android 7 I believe. It installed fine and I was able to run it. Now hopefully I can get it to work the camera when it arrives.

The IOS app runs on the iPad too although it is terrible (phone app on iPad screen).

I hope one of them works and that the app will eventually work on the LG K51. I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to be able to activate and update the pocket 3.

Thanks
  Matt
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd7752764 Posted at 12-5 14:25

I tried loading the app meant for Android 8 on my XiaoMi 4 with MIUI's equivalent of Android 7 I believe. It installed fine and I was able to run it. Now hopefully I can get it to work the camera when it arrives.

You are most welcome.  Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website, their stabilization has not yet been verified but I really hope it works. I will forward your feedback to the related team. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-7
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-7 00:52
You are most welcome.  Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website, their stabilization has not yet been verified but I really hope it works. I will forward your feedback to the related team. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

I got an update on the LG K51 and it was updated to Android 12. But the Mimo app still wouldn't install, so the OS is not a factor in this case.
2023-12-7
Use props
Dj Phil
New

Italy

fansd7752764 Posted at 2023-12-5 14:25

I tried loading the app meant for Android 8 on my XiaoMi 4 with MIUI's equivalent of Android 7 I believe. It installed fine and I was able to run it. Now hopefully I can get it to work the camera when it arrives.

welche app hast du dort benutzt für android 7 oder android 8
1-10 07:38
Use props
MattDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54167 ft
United States

4-17 07:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules