P2 Battery Issue
981 4 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markphantomh33d
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, hope you can help with my problem.

I have a Phantom 2, just a few months old, bought from DJI direct.
I have had a maybe 20 flights in it.
I also bought 2 extra genuine batteries for it, so I have 3 in total.

So, the battery that came with the P2 acted really strangely yesterday when i was out flying.
I had tested it by pressing the button, and 4 lights came up green, suggesting it was fully charged, but when I turned it on, the 4 green lights disappeared, and the red light on the button continued to light solid red for a few minutes. The Phantom would not power up.

The other 2 batteries worked fine, so I am confident it is not an issue with the Phantom.

I tried to charge it when i got home, but it seems to think it is fully charged? I can't diagnose it in the software because I can't get the Phantom to power up with that battery.

If I try to turn it on without being inserted into the Phantom, same result.

Any Ideas?

Mark

2015-9-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

To force charge it plug into the charger the hit the power button. If it does nothing and it's less than 30 days old it time to RMA it with DJI.
2015-9-8
Use props
Markphantomh33d
New

United Kingdom

Yes , i have tried force charging it, which it tries to do for about 10 seconds before all the lights turn off (as if it's fully charged)

This battery has only been used about 4 times, but my phantom was bought about 3 months ago.... do they really only warranty it for 30 days?
2015-9-8
Use props
njht
New

United States

Markphantomh33d Posted at 2015-9-8 10:50
Yes , i have tried force charging it, which it tries to do for about 10 seconds before all the light ...

The same thing just happened to me also? Have you contacted DJI?
2015-9-8
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

Unless  you can get it to turn on and stay on long enough to discharge it, you are probably done.  If not in 3mo warranty, it is rubbish.  NO resets, start overs offered on these, so they are done.

I am in process of trying to understand why these batteries do what they do with short lives, so, njht, if you find your battery is out of warranty and not usable, consider donating it to me to use as a test unit to help us all understand better what is going on with these.  I would be happy to send you my postal address in Dayton, OH if you end up willing to send to me instead of throwing in the trash.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules