2681 31 2023-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

The creator combo for the Osmo Pocket 3 comes with a generous supply of accessories, but it looks like they don't all fit in the bag! I'm disappointed about this, because I cannot put everything in one place. I'm specifically talking about the hard shell cover wherein you can place two extra lenses/filters. With the Pocket 3 installed in it, placing it into the included storage bag and the bag won't zipper shut without extreme pressure on the zipper seam. Really disappointed that DJI would skimp on such an issue. The bag included in the combo is now not as useful to me.

This probably explains why everything *except* the hard case cover is packed in the bag at the factory and placed into the retail packaging separately. Sorry, but this is really screwed up DJI.
2023-12-5
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a non issue. Stop crying
2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Rainbow Drones Posted at 12-5 06:07
This is a non issue. Stop crying

Don't be rude. Not everyone will have your point of view is the case here with me. Admin's do you allow this kind of name-calling on the forums?

The cases/bags provided with all the drones I've purchased for others and only one for myself so far don't have this issue so I was surprised that the Osmo Pocket 3 had an issue at all.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I guess the idea was that you'd either use the hard case, or you'd use the soft one and therefore not need to take the hard one.  Personally I have replaced the hard one with a case from ScottyMakesStuff and keep the whole outfit in a normal camera case I already have.  Which leaves the soft DJI case looking for a use.  
2023-12-5
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

I can understand that the bag choices are very personal, but for me, the combo bag is the perfect size. I wouldn’t want it any different. I definitely wouldn’t want it any bigger.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Rishio Posted at 12-5 07:23
I can understand that the bag choices are very personal, but for me, the combo bag is the perfect size. I wouldn’t want it any different. I definitely wouldn’t want it any bigger.

Just a small bit bigger and it would have held everything. They just cut it too close. And yes being a person working in tech carrying a lot of gear bag choices is very important to me.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-5 07:02
I guess the idea was that you'd either use the hard case, or you'd use the soft one and therefore not need to take the hard one.  Personally I have replaced the hard one with a case from ScottyMakesStuff and keep the whole outfit in a normal camera case I already have.  Which leaves the soft DJI case looking for a use.

I may have to use one of my smaller drone bags. Unfortunately that eliminates the minimalist advantages if the Osmo Pocket 3 bag which even made a wee bit larger would have been minimalist at the same time.
2023-12-5
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't use the hard cover at all TBH. I don't like the way the P3 push fits into place in the first instance - my only gripe with the combo carry bag is the lack of space for a charging adapter to fit in. Otherwise I quite like its compact nature.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not keen on the bag either. If I am going out filming, I just use the hard case. If I were to go away for a few days, I would probably use the combo bag for transport purposes only.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 12-5 07:33
I don't use the hard cover at all TBH. I don't like the way the P3 push fits into place in the first instance - my only gripe with the combo carry bag is the lack of space for a charging adapter to fit in. Otherwise I quite like its compact nature.

Good point! So maybe we can agree that DJU goofed here and made the bag smaller than it needed to be? Making it slightly wider and taller to accommodate our needs isn't too much to ask.
2023-12-5
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

re: the bag - Yes, the bag is *very* tight at first but will stretch out so that everything (including some small cables) can fit and be fully zipped shut. I like how compact it is. I basically followed the diagram in the manual (page 34) but put the camera (in its case) with the head towards the strap and with the curved side up. That also gives me some room on the top!  I also have the dead cat on the Mic. Sounds impossible but eventually works.
2023-12-5
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

IftiBashir Posted at 12-5 07:33
I don't use the hard cover at all TBH. I don't like the way the P3 push fits into place in the first instance - my only gripe with the combo carry bag is the lack of space for a charging adapter to fit in. Otherwise I quite like its compact nature.

I can accept a wee bit bigger, but I can currently fit everything I want in it, including a 20Watt, dual port USBC charger from Apple - which I think is a great one for this device.

2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Rishio Posted at 12-5 07:41
I can accept a wee bit bigger, but I can currently fit everything I want in it, including a 20Watt, dual port USBC charger from Apple - which I think is a great one for this device.

[view_image]

That is a good charger.
2023-12-5
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MartianSunset Posted at 12-5 07:39
re: the bag - Yes, the bag is *very* tight at first but will stretch out so that everything (including some small cables) can fit and be fully zipped shut. I like how compact it is. I basically followed the diagram in the manual (page 34) but put the camera (in its case) with the head towards the strap and with the curved side up. That also gives me some room on the top!  I also have the dead cat on the Mic. Sounds impossible but eventually works.

I did consider it possibly being a puzzle of sorts, but since they backed it *outside* the bag...well shrug. As far as stretching goes watching the stitches screaming as you zip the bag closed isn't ideal. I'm giving this accessory in the combo a D minus.
2023-12-5
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rishio Posted at 12-5 07:41
I can accept a wee bit bigger, but I can currently fit everything I want in it, including a 20Watt, dual port USBC charger from Apple - which I think is a great one for this device.

[view_image]

Which compartment do you use for this?
Cheers
2023-12-5
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

Here’s everything I fit in my bag, aside from the OP3 and tripod, which I don’t want in the bag. The only other things I will add to the bag is another DJI Wireless Mic and 3 ND filters. Other than that, I love the bag. It’s the absolute perfect size and design for my needs.

2023-12-5
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

IftiBashir Posted at 12-5 07:54
Which compartment do you use for this?
Cheers

The battery is in the back (opposite of the DJI Logo). All closes easily, of course without the OP3 in it.

2023-12-5
Use props
misticjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73609 ft
United States

@fansf7bd5d38

"Admin's do you allow this kind of name-calling on the forums?"

Is quite interesting that you consider the term "Stop crying" to be name calling...  Also interesting that the only other time you posted was 5yrs ago when you couldn't figure out your Osmo Mobile 2 and 'cried' about that as well.  Surprised you're back! Nothing else to do perhaps?
2023-12-5
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rishio Posted at 12-5 07:55
Here’s everything I fit in my bag, aside from the OP3 and tripod, which I don’t want in the bag. The only other things I will add to the bag is another DJI Wireless Mic and 3 ND filters. Other than that, I love the bag. It’s the absolute perfect size and design for my needs.

[view_image]

Oh you don’t actually put the P3 into the bag - hence the extra space to play with….
2023-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt DJI didn't plan for the OP3 to be stored with the hard case on and in the combo bag.  The zipper in my bag came with two bad teeth on it.  They wanted me to send everything back just to wait 2-3 weeks to get it replaced.  I threw the bag in the bin and keep the whole kit in my regular camera bag.
2023-12-5
Use props
Mr. OpCodes
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

misticjeff Posted at 12-5 09:19
@fansf7bd5d38

"Admin's do you allow this kind of name-calling on the forums?"

Osmo mobile was one of the worst iPhone gimbals I ever used. The Pocket is much better and frees up my phone.
2023-12-5
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

IftiBashir Posted at 12-5 11:00
Oh you don’t actually put the P3 into the bag - hence the extra space to play with….

Yup. The bag becomes a shoulder bag with all my filming accessories and a tripod hanging off it as well.  The Pocket goes in my…. well Pocket .  I never really considered storing or transporting the Pocket in a bag.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have and we do apologize for the trouble. Please note that we can only place the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 and other accessories such as tripod, battery handle, and DJI Mic 2 transmitter not including the protective case. You may check the tutorial video about Osmo Pocket 3|Protective Case and Carrying Bag to have a reference on how to properly place the accessories on the bag. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket-3/video
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_zgYbuPfG5JiJ
lvl.2
Netherlands

I generally just read here and wanted to say I second this (it's not "crying" as someone put it, and I'd take offense too). I like to joke that the carry bag looks like a washbag, but without space to store your toothbrush. I do see the issue though - the unique point about the Osmo Pocket 3 is that it's a small gimbal and the size is the convenience, the bag for the accessories can't be too big or it defeats the point. That said, I'm fully in agreement that the bag is just a little bit too small. Take the solution for storing the wide angle lens or the black mist filter, for example - in the case it's great and they're easy to get to. Without the post above referencing the video, I wouldn't have had a clue where they go in the bag and thought there was just no solution for it. There is a solution, but either I've not understood something (definitely possible) or I'm left wondering how on earth I'm meant to get those filters back out of those tiny pockets without covering them in fingerprints every single time? In reality, I have a little filter case so they'll just go in my pocket. But I think it was the wrong decision when comparing size and utility, it's inconvenient for saving a few millimetres on the dimensions of the bag.
2023-12-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansf7bd5d38 Posted at 12-5 07:42
That is a good charger.

I found a cheap 60W charger that fills the battery in the time it took you to read this sentence.  OK, I'm exaggerating but it is certainly very quick.
2023-12-6
Use props
Mr. OpCodes
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 20:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have and we do apologize for the trouble. Please note that we can only place the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 and other accessories such as tripod, battery handle, and DJI Mic 2 transmitter not including the protective case. You may check the tutorial video about Osmo Pocket 3|Protective Case and Carrying Bag to have a reference on how to properly place the accessories on the bag. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket-3/video

Tell DJi
, if they care, the bag is really just a bit to small. Every DJI product I’ve bought has had a bag that meets my needs and this one falls short.
2023-12-8
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I feel the whole point of having a small portable camera is to be able to carry a small portable package - hence I quite like it. You can’t fit DJI’s charging adapter in there, but get an Apple-type one with folding prongs and it should fit OK…….
I don’t use the hard case at all - just the carry bag.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mr. OpCodes Posted at 12-8 05:58
Tell DJi
, if they care, the bag is really just a bit to small. Every DJI product I’ve bought has had a bag that meets my needs and this one falls short.

Hello. We always value our customer's feedback. Rest assured that this will be sent to the designated team for attention. We will continue to improve our services based on our customer's suggestions. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-11
Use props
OnneW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112546 ft
Netherlands

I agreed on the bag being a bit on the small size for the full creator combo pack accessories to fit in.
However, being creative I found my best fit solution.
I store the extension + battery handle + mini tripod in the top compartment.
Not using the middle section but you can have a cable or sd card in there.

Maybe it helps others reading this

2023-12-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't like that hard case - I don't use it at all.
2023-12-11
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have preferred a slightly bigger bag, too. I didn't want to take the entire case on my hike over the weekend. Had the bag been slightly bigger, I would have had the hard case with me to take on my hike. I did not, so took a gamble and the OP3 was unprotected in my backpack shoulder strap pocket. I am going to try @Onnew's solution.

I have a small LowePro gar box that I sued for OP2 that I may have to use, but I really like the OP3 case, apart from being so small.
2023-12-11
Use props
RicardoZim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988323 ft
United States

Totally agree, especially for travel where you want everything in one bag, including filters, cables, dead cat/mouse. Just a little too small
5-13 13:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules