Repeating Track with Greenscreen suit
378 4 2023-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drdzoe
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I'm trying to use the DJI RS3 Pro Track feature to record gimbal movement so that I can film something twice, once with action going on with someone in a greenscreen suit, a second time to capture the background, so that the two can be composited together so the greenscreen suited person is out of the frame.  But when I try to run the same track twice, I'm finding that it doesn't quite line up - there are some minor but noticable differences in several of the frames due to slightly different movement of the gimbal in those tracks.

I know this kind of thing is done with more expensive equipment - basically, robot camera platforms.  It was done in 2020's INVISIBLE MAN, for example.  I was hoping to be able to something similar with my RS3 Pro.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is that level of precision just not possible with the RS3 Pro?

Thanks,
Joe
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey drdzoe! Hope you are well, thank you so much for your suggestions. May l know if it is convenient for you to share with us a video showing the issue, so we can understand it better? Thank you so much in advanced.
2023-12-6
Use props
drdzoe
lvl.1

United States

The system would not let me put a Vimeo link here, so I just sent it to you via personal message.  Please let me know if you didn't get it.
An explanation of the video: I programmed in a simple track with 5 stops.  I then ran it 4 times.  I edited together the clips letting each fill 1/4 of the screen.  As you watch the video, you can clearly see the differences between the clips.

This was shot using a Canon R5 C.  The gimbal was firmly attached to a heavy tripod, so I feel confident that the issue is not movement of the tripod.

Thanks!

2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you so much for your info and explanation, I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response. Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!
2023-12-7
Use props
drdzoe
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

Did you ever hear back?
1-29 11:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules