Image Warp
433 7 2023-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaydenIsMy#1
lvl.1
United States

Mini 3 corner image warp. Any suggestions or fixes?
warp example center.jpg

right

right
warp example left.jpg
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with the unit. Can you please confirm what specific issue you experienced on your DJI Mini 3? Please tell us more about the detailed issue so we can help you further. Keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-12-10
Use props
JaydenIsMy#1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 04:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with the unit. Can you please confirm what specific issue you experienced on your DJI Mini 3? Please tell us more about the detailed issue so we can help you further. Keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sorry, I thought that it was obvious from the title of my post and the images posted. The smoke stack that I circled in red is straight when in the center of the frame, even on the edges, but warped when in the corners. Is that clear enough? the smoke stack should be perpendicular to the ground, not warped/leaning. I have two OSMO Actions, which have a DEWARP setting. The Mini 3 is warping the image, but I see no setting to correct this in camera.
2023-12-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

ANY wide angle lens does that.
2023-12-10
Use props
JaydenIsMy#1
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-10 10:41
ANY wide angle lens does that.

The original Osmo Action has a 145 degree FOV; no warping with Dewarp turned on.
2023-12-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

JaydenIsMy#1 Posted at 12-10 10:09
Sorry, I thought that it was obvious from the title of my post and the images posted. The smoke stack that I circled in red is straight when in the center of the frame, even on the edges, but warped when in the corners. Is that clear enough? the smoke stack should be perpendicular to the ground, not warped/leaning. I have two OSMO Actions, which have a DEWARP setting. The Mini 3 is warping the image, but I see no setting to correct this in camera.

but warped when in the corners. Is that clear enough?
Any wideangle lens will do that .. it's called the Keystone Effect.
If you tilt the camera downwards, the verticals will lean inwards.
Tilt upwards past horizontal and the verticals will fall outwards.
If you want verticals to be vertical, you need to have the camera horizontal.
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JaydenIsMy#1 Posted at 12-10 10:09
Sorry, I thought that it was obvious from the title of my post and the images posted. The smoke stack that I circled in red is straight when in the center of the frame, even on the edges, but warped when in the corners. Is that clear enough? the smoke stack should be perpendicular to the ground, not warped/leaning. I have two OSMO Actions, which have a DEWARP setting. The Mini 3 is warping the image, but I see no setting to correct this in camera.

Thank you for your response. This is a normal distortion phenomenon. The closer to the edge, the more obvious the distortion will be. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is why I would have preferred a smaller FOV on my drone.
I can always fly back (most of the time at least) to get more in the frame.
Having said that, with some post processing, they could have fixed it, but usually that does not benefit the image quality as they essentially move pixels around.
1-21 04:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules