Down & Out : Remote ID grounded my M2P
427 5 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

I was just flying it, like 2 weeks ago. All of a suddent, I am not allowed to take off today due to Remote ID broadcast thingy.
I am using CrystalSky and I don't see any update to its GO4 app.

Is there a standalone firmware availabel so I can update the M2P manually using DJI Assistant2 ?

2023-12-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Does the Crystal Sky have GPS? To satisfy the RID requirements for takeoff, the drone and controller must have GPS lock.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-16 18:11
Does the Crystal Sky have GPS? To satisfy the RID requirements for takeoff, the drone and controller must have GPS lock.

My CrystalSky is CS550.
Not sure if it has GPS.

Does anyone know?
2023-12-16
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 17:16
Get the latest version of  DJI Go 4 directly from DJI & it should correct the problem.  You can find a link in to Go4 in the Mavic 2 RID Update announcement post at the top of this section.

OK, I removed the CrystalSky and attached the iPhone and booted it up with the phone's GO4 App instead.
It immediately updated something, saying something about some regional restrictions applied. It was like an 18 secs update.

Re-installed the CrystalSky back to the Controller and I am able to lift off. It's dark now; so, I'm only trying it indoors. Will check if it works tomorrow outdoors.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We highly recommend updating the DJI Go 4 app when using the latest firmware on your DJI Mavic 2 series. Using an old version might affect the aircraft and it can't be used. Please note that we cannot download the APK file from the official website to install the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 app. During installation, an error will appear stating: App not installed. DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are customizable versions. Thank you for understanding.
2023-12-17
Use props
artyyeo
lvl.4
United States

Yes, the GO4 app on my phone is, indeed, DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.60 so it's the same as the one recommended for this latest firmware update.

However, there is no GO4 App update on my CrystalSky CS550. Are you guys planning to release a new one in support of the CrystalSky?
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules