New firmware: RemoteID with regular battery?
1485 20 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is RemoteID ALWAYS on with the small battery?  Can we turn if on/off now for purly recreational flights?

2023-12-21
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 19:44
From the new Mini 4 Pro firmware release:

* Added support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.

Right... because there will be a NEED to use RiD when using the regular battery too.   I was just wondering if there was a way to switch it on/off?
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji.blitzk Posted at 12-21 19:57
Right... because there will be a NEED to use RiD when using the regular battery too.   I was just wondering if there was a way to switch it on/off?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. In accordance with the Remote ID rule and compliance methods, manufacturers are prohibited for providing users with any method or tool in any form that can disable Remote ID.
2023-12-21
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-21 20:07
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. In accordance with the Remote ID rule and compliance methods, manufacturers are prohibited for providing users with any method or tool in any form that can disable Remote ID.

So with the new firmware update, what does it mean about remoteid with the smaller battery?

How does that work?
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji.blitzk Posted at 12-21 20:10
So with the new firmware update, what does it mean about remoteid with the smaller battery?

How does that work?

Under the new firmware, with the smaller battery, the aircraft will not activate the RID functionality.
2023-12-22
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 02:08
Under the new firmware, with the smaller battery, the aircraft will not activate the RID functionality.

Ok,  so now the Mini 4 pro, when using the smaller battery,  cannot be used for any commercial purpose and can only be used for recreational flying?
2023-12-22
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

I'm curious if if the updates let the goggles 2 and motion controller 2 function with ocusync 4, or if the Mini 4 Pro reverts to ocusync 3 with the motion controller 2 and goggles 2?
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji.blitzk Posted at 12-22 05:32
Ok,  so now the Mini 4 pro, when using the smaller battery,  cannot be used for any commercial purpose and can only be used for recreational flying?

If you are operating a drone with a take-off weight of 0.55 pounds or less than 250 grams for purely recreational purposes, you do not need to register your drone and comply with the Remote ID rule.
2023-12-23
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-23 01:45
If you are operating a drone with a take-off weight of 0.55 pounds or less than 250 grams for purely recreational purposes, you do not need to register your drone and comply with the Remote ID rule.

Right.  So what you're saying is that if someone bought the mini4 pro and regular/small battery to use for commercial reasons,  they can no longer use it?
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji.blitzk Posted at 12-23 05:52
Right.  So what you're saying is that if someone bought the mini4 pro and regular/small battery to use for commercial reasons,  they can no longer use it?

We recommend users combine the DJI Mini 4 Pro Series Intelligent Flight Battery Plus with the DJI Mini 4 Pro for purpose of the commercial flights.
2023-12-25
Use props
Love n Color Productions
New

United States

I’m new to drone flying and I’m confused. Is this new firmware update a bad thing? I have registered my drone with the FAA. Is there something else I have to do now? If I use a plus battery am I going to get fined or something?
1-5 13:52
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Love n Color Productions Posted at 1-5 13:52
I’m new to drone flying and I’m confused. Is this new firmware update a bad thing? I have registered my drone with the FAA. Is there something else I have to do now? If I use a plus battery am I going to get fined or something?

This firmware update is a great thing... for the most part.    It's only bad if you intend to use the drone for any commercial purposes.  In that case you cannot use the battery it comes with and you must purchase/use the bigger battery.
1-5 16:05
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-12-21 20:07

Would you be prohibited for providing users with any method or tool in any form that can ENABLE Remote ID?

Currently DJI Is providing a "method" to DISABLE Remote ID.   That method is using the smaller battery.   

Shouldn't there be a setting in the menus to ENABLE Remote ID when using the smaller battery... and if you don't enable it, it is OFF by default?   That seems ideal to me.
2-2 16:41
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dji.blitzk Posted at 2-2 16:41
Would you be prohibited for providing users with any method or tool in any form that can ENABLE Remote ID?

Currently DJI Is providing a "method" to DISABLE Remote ID.   That method is using the smaller battery.   

Hi there, the remote ID standards will apply to drone users that require registration. Simply speaking: Except for users that operate a drone that weighs 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and for recreation purposes only, other users need to register their aircraft and comply with RID regulations.
2-3 03:06
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-3 03:06
Hi there, the remote ID standards will apply to drone users that require registration. Simply speaking: Except for users that operate a drone that weighs 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and for recreation purposes only, other users need to register their aircraft and comply with RID regulations.

Thanks for the reply... but that doesnt answer the question at all.  
2-3 04:50
Use props
fans0c5750c4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90361 ft
United States

Yes, I firmly believe with smaller batteries, there should be an ability to toggle remote ID on.
2-9 11:13
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans0c5750c4 Posted at 2-9 11:13
Yes, I firmly believe with smaller batteries, there should be an ability to toggle remote ID on.

Of course.  I just wish DJI would actually answer the question.
2-9 15:09
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2-2 16:41

Still waiting for an actual answer for this...
2-15 18:20
Use props
PACMini4Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90361 ft
United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2-15 18:20
Still waiting for an actual answer for this...
The answer I keep getting is to buy the bigger battery.   If you contact support they will offer you a discount on the new batteries, you are on your own selling the smaller ones if you wish too, unless you bought them directly from DJI, then they may allow you to return them.
2-18 13:04
Use props
TFJ_Scott
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-3 03:06
Hi there, the remote ID standards will apply to drone users that require registration. Simply speaking: Except for users that operate a drone that weighs 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and for recreation purposes only, other users need to register their aircraft and comply with RID regulations.

So the official answer is to buy a different manufacturer's drone instead of DJI because you're forcing users to purchase an additional accessory x5-6 to continue to use their already purchased drones commercially.

Mini 3 Pro Replacement from another company = $549 vs. x6 PLUS Batteries $579 ...

That's a really smart business decision said no one ever !!!  This is a perfect way to shun your customer base.
3-20 05:18
Use props
stepha
New

United States

we get this problem fixed yet?
let turn on remote ID with the smaller batteries arleady and stop trying to milk more money out of your customers
4-26 17:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules