812 4 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Guys. So i was not going to get the Air 3 but had a deal that i just could not turn down. Brand New Air 3, sealed with fly more combo and RC 2 for $2000NZD. It normally sells for around $2700NZD. Now i know that New Zealand is CE but after setting this all up and going for the first test flight, I noticed it shows that its in FCC mode. This is strange or is New Zealand now FCC? Dji?

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 10.47.15.png
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In New Zealand, when using the 2.4Ghz it is using CE while if you are using the 5.8Ghz, it uses FCC. Please note that not every country’s certification belongs to one of the FCC/CE/SRRC, we just make sure that the US uses FCC, Europe uses CE, and China uses SRRC. Other countries just refer to the maximum transmit power of the remote controller of their country to find out which one among these three certification types to be the reference. Even in the same country, the certification of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz can be different. Hope this helps. Happy holidays!

2023-12-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 19:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In New Zealand, when using the 2.4Ghz it is using CE while if you are using the 5.8Ghz, it uses FCC. Please note that not every country’s certification belongs to one of the FCC/CE/SRRC, we just make sure that the US uses FCC, Europe uses CE, and China uses SRRC. Other countries just refer to the maximum transmit power of the remote controller of their country to find out which one among these three certification types to be the reference. Even in the same country, the certification of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz can be different. Hope this helps. Happy holidays!

Thanks Paladin, that does helps but confuses at the same time. So since i fly in Dual Band, the drone selects the best transmission - Am I correct? If yes, then will it be changing between CE and FCC while in flight? Is this not dangerous?
2023-12-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 19:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In New Zealand, when using the 2.4Ghz it is using CE while if you are using the 5.8Ghz, it uses FCC. Please note that not every country’s certification belongs to one of the FCC/CE/SRRC, we just make sure that the US uses FCC, Europe uses CE, and China uses SRRC. Other countries just refer to the maximum transmit power of the remote controller of their country to find out which one among these three certification types to be the reference. Even in the same country, the certification of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz can be different. Hope this helps. Happy holidays!

Can you check your PM please
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Suren Posted at 12-26 22:32
Thanks Paladin, that does helps but confuses at the same time. So since i fly in Dual Band, the drone selects the best transmission - Am I correct? If yes, then will it be changing between CE and FCC while in flight? Is this not dangerous?

Hello there, Yes, you are correct. Please note that New Zealand does support both CE and FCC. I also responded to your PM about the DJI Care refresh, you can check it now. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules