Sea water into the usb c compartment. Can it be saved?
826 5 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3133491 ft
Curaçao

Hello everyone,

I just bought a DJI Osmo Action 4 and went snorkeling with it twice. The first time everything went well. Now today during the second time during filming I got a warning about " water pressure" and I turned it off. When I tried to turn it on again awhile later it wasn't going on and I noticed the usb c compartment was not sealed anymore. Some sea water has come in and im wondering what has the highest chance of saving it.

Should I rinse it with tap water to remove the salt and let it dry for several days with every compartment open?
Or should I let it dry without rinsing?

Thank you in advance!

2023-12-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I wouldn't worry about trying to save it... There is still plenty of seawater left on the planet...   Sorry couldn't resist...

Definitely rinse with fresh water and a lot of it. The more rinses, the more salt will be removed. Don't let the salt dry, otherwise the damage will be done...
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
Curaçao

Thank you! I tried to rinse it out as well as I could and it's drying now. Hoping for the best...
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Please know that we've responded to your other posts, you may refer to this link. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
Curaçao

Hello, thank you very much. I rinsed out the camera and I'm still leaving it to dry for a couple more days to make sure that it is fully dry. I will see then if it still works and if not I will make use of your link!
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
France

Hello, an update here. So one week later after thoroughly rinsing it out and leaving it to dry for a week. I inserted a new battery into the camera and it seemed to be turning on. However, although there's some blue light on the screen, nothing else can be seen and after some time the warning "Device overheated. Cannot record" appears. Now the camera has been off for quite awhile and I'm currently in a room where it's 18C, so I dont believe the camera is actually overheating. Is this a sign of permanent damage? Or something that people recognise that can be fixed?
1-5 05:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules