Sea water in DJI Osmo Action 4 USB-C compartment. Should it be rinsed?
905 12 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3133491 ft
Curaçao

Hello everyone,

I just bought a DJI Osmo Action 4 and went snorkeling with it twice. The first time everything went well. Now today during the second time during filming I got a warning about " water pressure" and I turned it off. When I tried to turn it on again awhile later it wasn't going on and I noticed the usb c compartment was not sealed anymore. Some sea water has come in and im wondering what has the highest chance of saving it.

Should I rinse it with tap water to remove the salt and let it dry for several days with every compartment open?
However, the amount of water that got in seems limited. Therefore is it better to let it dry without rinsing and hope for the best?

Thank you in advance!

2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about the incident that happened. Please send your product for proper inspection and repair of your DJI Action 4. If you wish to send your unit, you may use this link. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation and support!
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_TtqbN9N76WvC
New

Maldives

The same thing happened to me, now I’m drying it out. Do you have any updates regarding your case?

Thanks in advance!
4-21 11:26
Use props
djiuser_3lFy88FIETRS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3133491 ft
France

djiuser_TtqbN9N76WvC Posted at 4-21 11:26
The same thing happened to me, now I’m drying it out. Do you have any updates regarding your case?

Thanks in advance!

So after rinsing and drying out for a full week I was able to turn it on, but the screen would remain dark blue and I could not go to the start menu.
So I contacted DJI through repair.dji.com and explained the situation. Then they transferred me to the right person who arranged a shipment to the repair facility. Finally they ended up sending me a new camera free of charge. I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that it was only 3 weeks after I bought it. But in summary, the camera was beyond repair but DJI was very cooperative.

In your case, you also specifically got sea water to enter the camera, rinsed it out with tap water and you're leaving it to dry?
4-22 01:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_TtqbN9N76WvC Posted at 4-21 11:26

Thanks in advance!

Hi there. We do apologize for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support or contact the dealer where you purchased the product to check their after-sales services. Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-22 03:15
Use props
Chris Bridgehouse
lvl.1

Australia

Hello everyone. My Action 4 has leaked seawater into the charge port a few days ago. I was snorkeling along the surface so no depth involved. Now it won't turn on. The screens light up blank as soon as I connect power but it won't do anything more. I've only had it for 4 months and until this snorkeling trip I'd only ever used it mountain biking and It's been great. Gutted!
4-24 04:12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Chris Bridgehouse Posted at 4-24 04:12
Hello everyone. My Action 4 has leaked seawater into the charge port a few days ago. I was snorkeling along the surface so no depth involved. Now it won't turn on. The screens light up blank as soon as I connect power but it won't do anything more. I've only had it for 4 months and until this snorkeling trip I'd only ever used it mountain biking and It's been great. Gutted!

That's really unfortunate. I have nothing but good success with my Action 4. Been snorkelling in so many different places and not a single issue. I wonder if the door was not closed properly or did some sand get in there. I always thoroughly rinse my Action 4 with fresh water as soon as I get out of the sea water.
4-24 09:43
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the lens protector must be on correctly wit hteh O-ring, if it is not, water will enter there.
4-24 11:29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 4-24 11:29
the lens protector must be on correctly wit hteh O-ring, if it is not, water will enter there.

The OP stated it came in through the USB compartment.
4-24 18:28
Use props
Chris Bridgehouse
lvl.1

Australia

I'm pretty sure everything was closed up properly. I'll make some enquiries with the warranty people when I get home to NZ. I'm currently in Oz. Fingers crossed.
4-24 18:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Visual Air Posted at 4-24 18:28
The OP stated it came in through the USB compartment.

thank you  I have  read that. it is always good to recheck anything that is allowed open.  thank you for the Downvote
4-25 02:27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 4-25 02:27
thank you  I have  read that. it is always good to recheck anything that is allowed open.  thank you for the Downvote

I would find it highly unlikely that water would have gone through the lense cover and migrated into the USB compartment is what I am saying. Further more you only mentioned the lense cover. Nothing else.
4-25 06:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Visual Air Posted at 4-25 06:37
I would find it highly unlikely that water would have gone through the lense cover and migrated into the USB compartment is what I am saying. Further more you only mentioned the lense cover. Nothing else.

the lens protector has an O-ring just carefully make sure al seals are secured

4-25 07:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules