6047 85 2023-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

On mini 4, landing the drone on my hand stopped working. Are there any special features?
2023-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What makes you say it has stoopped working?
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-28 12:14
What makes you say it has stoopped working?

I had all the drones from 1 to 4 and Mavic 2
He calmly sat them all on his arm. But mini 4 does not want to sit down, hangs over my hand for a long time and does not sit down.
2023-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is your hand well illuminated?
In one of more of the recent drones it is possible to switch landing prorection off, I do not know if this applies to the mini 4 pro.

2023-12-28
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Before landing on my hand, I usually disable the sensors. And it works.
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

FabioV Posted at 12-28 12:41
Before landing on my hand, I usually disable the sensors. And it works.

Yes, it works by turning off the sensors, but the drone lands quickly and it’s inconvenient to turn it off every time. Works on all other drones without disabling sensors.
2023-12-28
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Hold your hand outstretched above your head, flat palm facing up with the drone a hovering a half meter over your hand. Hold the left control stick down, and the drone will start to decend after a moment or two. Don't move your hand until it's within touching distance and then calmly pinch the little devil by the sides of the belly between your thumb and index fingers. Don't chop your hand off, then just hold still till the motors turn off.
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-28 13:00
Hold your hand outstretched above your head, flat palm facing up with the drone a hovering a half meter over your hand. Hold the left control stick down, and the drone will start to decend after a moment or two. Don't move your hand until it's within touching distance and then calmly pinch the little devil by the sides of the belly between your thumb and index fingers. Don't chop your hand off

I've been doing this with all my drones for 4 years now))) Works great. But it doesn't work with mini 4. The drone hangs over your palm for as long as you like and does not land. Again, I’ve done all this for a long time with many drones. Does this work for you on mini 4?
2023-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Instead of landing on your hand, stick it in sports, this turns off all but downward sensors so be careful, and then grab the drone and then down stick to shut it down, thats how I've always done my hand landings
2023-12-28
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Serg SSA Posted at 12-28 13:03
I've been doing this with all my drones for 4 years now))) Works great. But it doesn't work with mini 4. The drone hangs over your palm for as long as you like and does not land. Again, I’ve done all this for a long time with many drones. Does this work for you on mini 4?

It sure does, hold your hand flat and be patient.
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Bashy Posted at 12-28 17:38
Instead of landing on your hand, stick it in sports, this turns off all but downward sensors so be careful, and then grab the drone and then down stick to shut it down, thats how I've always done my hand landings

Yes, this is a good way, but I ask why the behavior of mini 4 has changed? I have no problem landing the drone on my hand with any of my drones. Mini 4 started to behave differently.
Has anyone actually tried to put the Mini 4 on your hand in normal mode?
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-28 18:56
It sure does, hold your hand flat and be patient.

I will repeat again, I have been doing this for 4 years on my drones. But Mini 4 behaves differently. This is my question. Who himself tried to land mini 4 per hand?
2023-12-28
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

I do it as much as land on a pad. As I said above, I hold my arm outstretched above my head, flat palm facing up with the drone a hovering a half meter over my hand. I hold the left control stick down, and the drone will start to decend after a moment or two. I hold my hand still until it starts its landing sequence, and then when it gets close to my hand, I quickly pinch the little drone by the sides of the belly between my thumb and index fingers, while keeping the left stick held down, I hold still till the motors turn of, no need to flip it upside down and make it try to escape.  I do this in normal mode, and never have an issue, not sure why you are. I did the same thing with my mini 3 pro. Only thing I can think of is I hold my arm and hand up above my head so that I'm not an obstacle to avoid, are you doing that?
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-28 23:37
I do it as much as land on a pad. As I said above, I hold my arm outstretched above my head, flat palm facing up with the drone a hovering a half meter over my hand. I hold the left control stick down, and the drone will start to decend after a moment or two. I hold my hand still until it starts its landing sequence, and then when it gets close to my hand, I quickly pinch the little drone by the sides of the belly between my thumb and index fingers, while keeping the left stick held down, I hold still till the motors turn of, no need to flip it upside down and make it try to escape.  I do this in normal mode, and never have an issue, not sure why you are. I did the same thing with my mini 3 pro. Only thing I can think of is I hold my arm and hand up above my head so that I'm not an obstacle to avoid, are you doing that?

I land mini 1-3 and mavic 2 and DJI FPV on my hand))) without problems, I know all the nuances. The sensors on none of the drones prevented me from landing. I also land the Mini 4 in front of me, I haven’t tried it above my head. Mini 4 behaves differently from other drones when landing.
2023-12-28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-28 23:37
I do it as much as land on a pad. As I said above, I hold my arm outstretched above my head, flat palm facing up with the drone a hovering a half meter over my hand. I hold the left control stick down, and the drone will start to decend after a moment or two. I hold my hand still until it starts its landing sequence, and then when it gets close to my hand, I quickly pinch the little drone by the sides of the belly between my thumb and index fingers, while keeping the left stick held down, I hold still till the motors turn of, no need to flip it upside down and make it try to escape.  I do this in normal mode, and never have an issue, not sure why you are. I did the same thing with my mini 3 pro. Only thing I can think of is I hold my arm and hand up above my head so that I'm not an obstacle to avoid, are you doing that?

Thanks to everyone who answered! The only way is to turn on sport mode. Sensors interfere with hand landing.
2023-12-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 00:07
Thanks to everyone who answered! The only way is to turn on sport mode. Sensors interfere with hand landing.

interesting.....sport mode does not disable the bottom sensors!

I have no problem hand-landing MINI4Pro.
Hover in front of me, place my hand directly under the drone, drone will raise height up a bit, RC stick down....landing on my flat hand.

cheers
JJB
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

JJB* Добавлено в 12-29 01:19
интересно.....спорт режим не отключает нижние датчики!

У меня нет проблем с ручной посадкой MINI4Pro.
The lower sensors do not need to be turned off, they ensure a smooth landing. Therefore, sport mode is a good solution.
My drone refused to land on my hand, it hangs over my hand for a long time and does not land.
2023-12-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 01:34
The lower sensors do not need to be turned off, they ensure a smooth landing. Therefore, sport mode is a good solution.
My drone refused to land on my hand, it hangs over my hand for a long time and does not land.

oke, buy why in sport mode ? how does sport mode helps to land it ?  
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

JJB* Posted at 12-29 01:45
oke, buy why in sport mode ? how does sport mode helps to land it ?

When the drone performs an automatic landing, the side sensors are turned off and you can put your hand to land the drone and it will land. But when you land the drone yourself, the sensors work, see you and do not allow you to land. Enabling the sport mode turns off the side sensors and then nothing interferes with landing on your hand.
2023-12-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 01:50
When the drone performs an automatic landing, the side sensors are turned off and you can put your hand to land the drone and it will land. But when you land the drone yourself, the sensors work, see you and do not allow you to land. Enabling the sport mode turns off the side sensors and then nothing interferes with landing on your hand.

not my experience though, forward and aft vision sensors does not see the hand directly under my Mini4pro, and as sport mode does not disable the bottom sensors....

So for me normal mode works without any problem to autoland in my hand.

cheers
JJB
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

JJB* Posted at 12-29 01:54
not my experience though, forward and aft vision sensors does not see the hand directly under my Mini4pro, and as sport mode does not disable the bottom sensors....

Perhaps this happens during automatic landing? Try landing the drone completely in manual mode.
2023-12-29
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 00:07
Thanks to everyone who answered! The only way is to turn on sport mode. Sensors interfere with hand landing.

I just tested my Mini 4 with the new firmware and in my opinion something has changed. Before the update I was able to simply pull down on the left stick and place my hand under the drone. This no longer works. The drone almost always refuses to land on my hand, regardless of how long I wait. I say "almost" because I did manage to do it twice out of about 20 attempts, but I don't know what I did differently.
2023-12-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 02:02
Perhaps this happens during automatic landing? Try landing the drone completely in manual mode.

i do it in normal mode.  hover drone next to me, hand under drone from the side....
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

JJB* Posted at 12-29 02:37
i do it in normal mode.  hover drone next to me, hand under drone from the side....

Do you have new firmware?
2023-12-29
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 02:44

I just had to try it again and I think I found what I was doing differently, but it needs a little practice.
Bring the drone down as usual towards your hand in normal mode. Mine then hovers about 40-50 cm above my hand and stays there. After 2-3 seconds I dropped my hand about 10cm. The drone also drops and continues to land on my hand as expected.
In my opinion this behaviour has changed in the new firmware release but I can live with this workaround.
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

StepCH Posted at 12-29 02:54
I just had to try it again and I think I found what I was doing differently, but it needs a little practice.
Bring the drone down as usual towards your hand in normal mode. Mine then hovers about 40-50 cm above my hand and stays there. After 2-3 seconds I dropped my hand about 10cm. The drone also drops and continues to land on my hand as expected.
In my opinion this behaviour has changed in the new firmware release but I can live with this workaround.

Good decision! I checked it now, it works, but you need to start lowering your hand and then the drone will land)
2023-12-29
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 03:04
Good decision! I checked it now, it works, but you need to start lowering your hand and then the drone will land)

But I preferred it the way it was
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

StepCH Posted at 12-29 03:23
But I preferred it the way it was

Me too... maybe they will fix it in the next firmware
2023-12-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 12-29 02:44

yes, but not tested this with hand catching, will do tomorrow
2023-12-29
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152569 ft
United Kingdom

I launch and recover my drone from my hand all the time. I always launch and recover in normal mode. I’ve never had any problems. You just have to be a bit patient when landing the drone in your hand.
2023-12-29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Steph Jant Posted at 12-29 06:35
I launch and recover my drone from my hand all the time. I always launch and recover in normal mode. I’ve never had any problems. You just have to be a bit patient when landing the drone in your hand.

Is 5 minutes enough? )
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. Please know that the DJI Mini 4 Pro supports the Landing Protection feature. During Landing Protection, the aircraft will automatically detect and carefully land on suitable ground (If the Downward Vision System works normally). If the ground is determined unsuitable for landing (uneven ground or water surface), the aircraft will hover and wait for pilot confirmation (the second instance of Landing Protection is triggered). I hope this information helps. Should you have further concerns, kindly let us know.
2023-12-30
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

France

I don't have a problem with launching the drone from my hand, it's just a matter of learning to control the RC2 with one hand :]
Hand landing is also fine, left controller downwards and wait a while, so far I haven't had a problem that the drone doesn't drop slowly into my hand after a while.

I have one question about hand landing, the moment I grasp the drone in my hand and want to turn off the propeller rotation, I quickly tilt or turn the drone "on its back", which turns off the motors.
Is this the correct procedure. or can I damage something in the drone?
2023-12-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jan Spacil Posted at 12-30 03:38
I don't have a problem with launching the drone from my hand, it's just a matter of learning to control the RC2 with one hand :]
Hand landing is also fine, left controller downwards and wait a while, so far I haven't had a problem that the drone doesn't drop slowly into my hand after a while.

Hand landing is the same as a normal landing, so motors stop automaically.
Don`t graps it, just land it land on you hand.

Turning drone on its side or back to stop rotors gives some stress at the motors, so cannot be that good...
2023-12-30
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

I don't have a problem with launching the drone from my hand, it's just a matter of learning to control the RC2 with one hand :]

Have you updated to the latest firmware?
2023-12-30
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

I don't have a problem with launching the drone from my hand, it's just a matter of learning to control the RC2 with one hand :]

There is no need to turn the drone over, you just need to keep pushing the stick down while holding the drone in your palm and after 1-2 seconds the motors will turn off
2023-12-30
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-30 03:10
Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. Please know that the DJI Mini 4 Pro supports the Landing Protection feature. During Landing Protection, the aircraft will automatically detect and carefully land on suitable ground (If the Downward Vision System works normally). If the ground is determined unsuitable for landing (uneven ground or water surface), the aircraft will hover and wait for pilot confirmation (the second instance of Landing Protection is triggered). I hope this information helps. Should you have further concerns, kindly let us know.

From the manual the landing confirmation feature only appears to be relevant for RTL landings. I just tried to land on my hand again and didn't see anything on the display. I also tried releasing the left joystick and pulling down again for 1s (minimum) but the drone still hovered above my hand.
I don't really like the idea of looking down to the display while the drone is hovering just 40cm above my hand anyway. I'd rather keep my eye on the drone.

This is definitely a different behaviour compared to that of the last firmware version. We were simply able to pull down the left joystick and wait a few seconds. The drone would then slowly descend onto your hand and turn off the motors. Could you please check whether any intentional changes have been made in this area.
Thanks
2023-12-30
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-29 01:54

No problem landing on my hand either
2023-12-30
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Switzerland

Flormo2002 Posted at 12-30 06:23
No problem landing on my hand either

With the firmware from December 21st?
2023-12-30
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Was out today, doing some beta testing for DJI , and made a point of doing several hand launches and catches to see that it was working. Only additional advice I would give is if you hover it up above your head, stretch your arm up towards the drone with your hand palm up, with the drone maybe 14 inches above your palm, hold the left stick down and just wait and it will come down. If its not try moving your hand around slightly. Once its coming down, so long as you're holding the left stick down, it will keep coming down, and I just change my hand position to pinch it by the sides of the belly between my thumb and index finger, while keeping the left stick down and the motors will shut down, and you're good.  
2023-12-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules