mavic air 2 certification
1953 25 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 497589 ft
Greece

Good afternoon. Since yesterday, the specific image with the certification schedule for the various drone models has been circulating on the internet. can you explain to me why the mavic air 2 s is included and not the mavic air 2 ? Is Mavic AIR 2 certification in dji's plans? Please responsible and specific answer.

2023-12-30
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

the company has already announced that it will give remote id to the mavic air 2 and it is in the planning since September, so there is a basic requirement for certification. I don't understand why he can't get certified or he doesn't mention the reasons why he can't get certified if he doesn't give. I think propellers are funny. they are essentially the same propellers and the exact same aircraft as the air 2shttps://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D815%26typeid%3D815
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the EU Remote ID function. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
1-1 03:06
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 03:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the EU Remote ID function. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!

thank you for your reply. But I asked something very specific and you didn't answer. Is it in the company's plans to give certification to the mavic air 2 model? Yes or No ;
1-1 13:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 1-1 13:57
thank you for your reply. But I asked something very specific and you didn't answer. Is it in the company's plans to give certification to the mavic air 2 model? Yes or No ;

Thank you for the clarification. We don't have any information related to the said inquiry. We will surely announce any latest news and updates to our official website. We appreciate your understanding.
1-1 23:39
Use props
djiuser_2f21usFpi6EI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 2023-12-30 11:14
the company has already announced that it will give remote id to the mavic air 2 and it is in the planning since September, so there is a basic requirement for certification. I don't understand why he can't get certified or he doesn't mention the reasons why he can't get certified if he doesn't give. I think propellers are funny. they are essentially the same propellers and the exact same aircraft as the air 2shttps://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D815%26typeid%3D815

if  you check   found on german drone   youtube  side
2 version just read
Mavic Air 2 mit AirSense: MA2UE3W
Mavic Air 2 ohne AirSense: MA2UE1N in battery compartment that   could be the reason  
as does not have  the  all  the  requirements is  3 years  3 month  years  old, If Mavic 2 get   have give to all 4 year old  Drone  Fair is Fair
1-2 03:48
Use props
djiuser_bJS4xe8itQXj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706040 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 03:06

why do you write that it is not compatible with EU ID, when you have just released a firmware that enables remote ID for the USA? What's the difference?
1-3 07:41
Use props
Omnia Intuitu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192392 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_bJS4xe8itQXj Posted at 1-3 07:41
why do you write that it is not compatible with EU ID, when you have just released a firmware that enables remote ID for the USA? What's the difference?

I have the same question, I have been trying to get the remote ID on my Mavic air 2 for a few days now. Why is it possible after the firmware update in the US, but not here in the Netherlands?
1-3 10:58
Use props
Saygone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

Omnia Intuitu Posted at 1-3 10:58
I have the same question, I have been trying to get the remote ID on my Mavic air 2 for a few days now. Why is it possible after the firmware update in the US, but not here in the Netherlands?

Because FAA regulations are a bit different then EASA... Different frame must be prepared for EU.
I just talked to DJI and I was assured that they know... But don't know if and when it will be enabled in EU
1-3 14:53
Use props
Omnia Intuitu
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks for the investigation and the response. Hopefully DJI will come up with a solution for the software remote ID. Until then, the question marks remain.
1-4 01:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_bJS4xe8itQXj Posted at 1-3 07:41

We appreciate your feedback. Different countries and regions have their own laws and regulations and this can be a main factor why the said unit still doesn't have the said function. Rest assured that our team is doing their best about this concern. Please follow our official website for the latest information, and if there are any updates, we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-5 01:30
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-5 01:30
We appreciate your feedback. Different countries and regions have their own laws and regulations and this can be a main factor why the said unit still doesn't have the said function. Rest assured that our team is doing their best about this concern. Please follow our official website for the latest information, and if there are any updates, we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Can you responsibly inform us if the specific model MA2UE3W Mavic Air 2 in EU, has the hardware that supports future upgrade, the RID and  ads -b ??  It is a specific question and I think your engineers have an answer to this question. Please answer us.
1-5 07:04
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

Omnia Intuitu Posted at 1-3 10:58
I have the same question, I have been trying to get the remote ID on my Mavic air 2 for a few days now. Why is it possible after the firmware update in the US, but not here in the Netherlands?

Remote ID doesn’t make sense and is not needed as the M Air2 is a legacy drone and can only fly in A3 from now on in the Netherlands and Belgium….
1-5 07:41
Use props
Omnia Intuitu
lvl.1
Netherlands

EmpieDrone Posted at 1-5 07:41
Remote ID doesn’t make sense and is not needed as the M Air2 is a legacy drone and can only fly in A3 from now on in the Netherlands and Belgium….

I do not agree with you. Remote ID in combination with an assigned Cx label for legacy drones does make sense. Now my Mavic air 2 has been downgraded to a drone that is only allowed to fly within the rules of the A3 and I will have to purchase a new one to continue flying above the city etc. While the drone is still technically as good as it was before January 1, 2024. So I certainly hope that DJI finds the opportunity to solve it.
1-7 23:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 1-5 07:04
Can you responsibly inform us if the specific model MA2UE3W Mavic Air 2 in EU, has the hardware that supports future upgrade, the RID and  ads -b ??  It is a specific question and I think your engineers have an answer to this question. Please answer us.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI’s official website for more information in the future. We appreciate your understanding.
1-8 01:54
Use props
fans654e9e89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 01:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI’s official website for more information in the future. We appreciate your understanding.

We are waiting for information about the certification of Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 pro - these are great drones
1-8 10:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans654e9e89 Posted at 1-8 10:43
We are waiting for information about the certification of Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 pro - these are great drones

We appreciate your feedback and we understand how important this function is to you. I will do my best to update you on this thread once there is a new update related to this inquiry. We highly recommend subscribing to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your valued support.
1-9 22:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Sorry, you cannot apply for the CX certification for the drone. However, you can still fly it in the A3 environment. We appreciate your understanding.
1-12 03:27
Use props
Saygone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-12 03:27
Thank you for patiently waiting. Sorry, you cannot apply for the CX certification for the drone. However, you can still fly it in the A3 environment. We appreciate your understanding.

Oh no...from one hand I understand... But from the other is kinda sad... Netherless to fly in A3 we will need to buy external remoteID device in Europe... Unless DJI finally plans to enable it for us.
1-13 08:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Saygone Posted at 1-13 08:47
Oh no...from one hand I understand... But from the other is kinda sad... Netherless to fly in A3 we will need to buy external remoteID device in Europe... Unless DJI finally plans to enable it for us.

Thank you for your response. For old drones without a Cx label, models that weigh over 250 g must be flown in the A3 environment, while models that weigh 250 g or less must be flown in the A1 environment. We hope for your understanding on this matter.  
1-15 03:52
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI has confirmed yesterday on facebook that the Air 2 is not going to recieve the C-label.
1-18 06:46
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

Fozando Posted at 1-18 06:46
DJI has confirmed yesterday on facebook that the Air 2 is not going to recieve the C-label.

where exactly was this posted? can you write the link?
1-18 07:31
Use props
djiuser_8iMz1QCWexzv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 224803 ft
Finland

Fozando Posted at 1-18 06:46
DJI has confirmed yesterday on facebook that the Air 2 is not going to recieve the C-label.

If Air 2 is not going to get the European C1 label, can't DJI still make a firmware update at least making the Air 2 send the EU-required RID broadcast ?

The reason I ask this is that RID is required also from drones used in specific category in Europe.  In Finland, the national aeroclub (Suomen Ilmailuliitto) - together with a number of local drone clubs - has a license for specific category.  This license essentially permits the use of legacy drones also outside the very restricting A3 conditions (for hobby pilots - not in commercial activity).  If Air 2 could broadcast the EASA-specified RID data, at least I would try to join this national specific-category license (by joining some drone club and taking the required written and flying examinations).

Regarding RID on Air 2, DJI has enabled it at least in Japan and USA.  Not enabling RID in Europe is a slap on the face to the DJI's European customers.  Is Europe just a marginal market to DJI ?
1-18 09:40
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 1-18 07:31

Here it is:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php ... ;id=100067025294050

Go down to the comments section, and it is the second on the list
1-18 10:03
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 1-18 07:31

1-18 10:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules