Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi all,
I just received the equipment today.
Fpv rc2, goggles 2, and the avata.
Everything connects, I have a video link from the drone.
I have updated firmwares for the drone, the goggles and the rc.

There is a big issue with the gimbal. I get a message to perform a gimbal calibration, I tried to do it but it's Stuck on 10%. The gimbal doesn't move.
I tried to move the gimbal manually with the rc knob it doesn't move but I noticed it tries a little so I help it very weakly with my finger and it starts to move and stops. It seems like a motor or a controller problem...
What should I do ..?
I haven't flown it yet. Very disappointing .
1-4 15:27
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

This may sound stupid....but many people have done this before....did you remove the gimbal cover?
Edited to add: Never mind....saw where you moved the gimbal with your finger.
1-4 15:40
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

DJIFlyer Posted at 1-4 15:40
This may sound stupid....but many people have done this before....did you remove the gimbal cover?
Edited to add: Never mind....saw where you moved the gimbal with your finger.

Thanks for trying friend.
1-4 15:48
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

It appears to be more like a hardware issue. There is a flex signal cable running from the Flight Controller to the gimbal. The cable then splits into 2 inside the gimbal. One part goes to the camera and the other goes to the gimbal motor. Most likely there is a loose connection on the motor end. There could also be a loose connection on the FC side.
Did you bump your avata into anything before this started happening? If this is an issue from your purchase, better get it replaced from the vendor
1-4 18:41
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 1-4 18:41
It appears to be more like a hardware issue. There is a flex signal cable running from the Flight Controller to the gimbal. The cable then splits into 2 inside the gimbal. One part goes to the camera and the other goes to the gimbal motor. Most likely there is a loose connection on the motor end. There could also be a loose connection on the FC side.
Did you bump your avata into anything before this started happening? If this is an issue from your purchase, better get it replaced from the vendor

Thanks for your reply friend.
This is happening straight out of the box. Never flown.
You say it's a loose connection of a cable, but it does move a little if I help it to start moving with my finger. So there is connection as it seems to me..
I bought it online from a vendor outside of my country so it's a big disappointment to return it.

Do you know if dji provide warranty in a different country than the purchase country ?
1-4 19:07
Use props
LukasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Send it back!
1-4 20:09
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Yes.. it seems I would need to do it but as I said its a hassle as its from a different country.
1-4 21:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. In this case, we highly recommend you contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best possible option for you to send the unit to us. You may also have the option to contact the dealer where you purchased the unit to check for their after-sales policy. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-4 21:28
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-4 21:28
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. In this case, we highly recommend you contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best possible option for you to send the unit to us. You may also have the option to contact the dealer where you purchased the unit to check for their after-sales policy. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, thank you.
The seller suggested to disconnect the rc2 from the avata. Can you please help me how to do this?
1-5 00:23
Use props
LukasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 1-5 00:23
Hi, thank you.
The seller suggested to disconnect the rc2 from the avata. Can you please help me how to do this?

There are some videos on youtube on how to unbind from your account and that might be  a good start for you and start over with it.
1-7 08:55
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

LukasYL Posted at 1-7 08:55
There are some videos on youtube on how to unbind from your account and that might be  a good start for you and start over with it.

Disconnect from the remote. Not to unbind from tge account
1-7 08:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Moshe.mmm Posted at 1-5 00:23
Hi, thank you.

Thank you for your response. If you are referring to the binding/unbinding remote controller via the DJI Fly app, the DJI Avata aircraft can only be bound to the goggles after the activation. If you want to unbind or change the account, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account. Hope this helps.
1-9 19:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules