DJI Transmission Gyro control ISSUE on RS2
370 2 1-13 07:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd4745996
lvl.2
Italy

Hello everybody, as always after I spent lot of money on a professional DJI product I end up frustrating myself to make it work as it should.I bought the DJI Transmission system to work with DJI RONIN 2 on a professional movie set and I really need to make it work as soon as possible.

DJI claim Gyroscope control via DJI Transmission for DJI RS2, RS3 e RONIN 2.

Waiting for my Ronin 2 to arrive, I set it up on my RS2 to give gyroscope control a try.

Well I'm deeply disappointed since the gyro control function works but it's way too far to be considered for professional using.

I mounted the high bright monitor on a tripod head, but if I peform really slow movement with the tripod my RS2 wont move at all.
It start moving only when I reach a minimum amount of speed with my tripod movement, which means I can't perform really slow tracking shots with it.
For a professional use this is unacceptable.

The original Raveneye with RS2 works way better on gyroscope control mode, why the PRO version of it wont ?

I'll test the system with a RONIN 2 next week, and I need to make it work properly.

Does anyone had the same issue ? Can someone help me to fix it ?

Thank you in advance

1-13 07:36
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I would start by looking at the deadband. Deadband settings even at the gimbal end appear to affect control input globally.
1-13 13:03
Use props
Andrea DJI
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you, I tried different deadband settings on the DJI Transmission and on the Rs2 for now, but it seems not change anything.
1-14 02:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules